What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Come on Willow, are you up to an Avatar bet? Do you have the guts? The faith in the Red V? I really want to see you with a Mighty Roosters avatar for a week.

Anyone else who has faith in their team, feel free to join the bet and i've no doubt we can get the same amount of Rooster fans putting their avatar on the line to make it a fair bet.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Changa in his prime for that piece of Americanised vomit? Hardly and a fair bet is it?
Yeah i know. Whenever i see Changa i think of that great day in 1975 when he had a blinder in leading the Saints to a record 38 nil loss. :lol: So to make it fair, i'll wear the SaintSteeler logo if i lose. If he has confidence in his team, he'll be prepared to put his on the line for a week.

:lol:

Good come back that. Could you maybe take some our Sharkie visitors under your wing and teach them how to troll properly? They fkn suck #-o

Anonymous

Juniors
Tommy, I tell you what I tell all the others who have asked... my avatar placement is non-negotiable. I'm sure you'll find someone else who is interested.

I will however place a bet with the real stuff... thus far, no one has taken up the challenge.

Saint 60

Juniors
Changs an immortal so i guess he deserves this

2nd Most consecutive losses: 25 Easts (1965-67)
the most if Unniversity dont play anymore o they dont lol

------------------------------------------------------
Go the Dragons !!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Changa in his prime for that piece of Americanised vomit? Hardly and a fair bet is it?
Yeah i know. Whenever i see Changa i think of that great day in 1975.
Funny, when I see Changa I think his playing career which included him playing for Australia 90 times and an overall stats sheet which shows he played 320 top level matches, scoring 132 tries, 866 goals for a first class career total of 2128 points.

Perhaps its a matter of perception.

OVP

Coach
Willow said:
Tommy Smith said:
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Yeah i know. Whenever i see Changa i think of that great day in 1975.
Funny, when I see Changa I think his playing career which included him playing for Australia 90 times and an overall stats sheet which shows he played 320 top level matches, scoring 132 tries, 866 goals for a first class career total of 2128 points.

Perhaps its a matter of perception.

Obviously the famous white boots that day inspired a phobia that lasted for over 25 years. Do you remember that NO PLAYER would EVER wear white boots for many many years after that ? I think the first person who actually wore them was Justin Hodges in 2002. An Easts player had them as training boots but would refuse to wear them in games, and Hodges asked if he could have them. So since he wore white boots in the 2002 GF, it seems the hoodoo was broken for most players and these days just about every second player has them. Im not sure if it was Hodges who was the first to wear white boots since Langlands, but i really cant remember anyone else. Can you guys ?

You gotta love the Rugby League phobias over the years :)

Anonymous

Juniors
Rubbish. What a silly and superstitious lot you must be.

In the years before, players only wore balck boots. After 1975, players started wearing boots with different colours, white, blue, red... and then some. It became quite a fashion for a while.

You 'think' that no one wore white boots again until 2002... well laddie, you 'think' wrong.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of a good pub yarn.

btw, saying Hodges in the same breath as Langlands is about as creepy as it gets.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:

In the years before, players only wore balck boots. After 1975, players started wearing boots with different colours, white, blue, red... and then some. It became quite a fashion for a while.

You 'think' that no one wore white boots again until 2002... well laddie, you 'think' wrong.

btw, saying Hodges in the same breath as Langlands is about as creepy as it gets.

Was Justin Hodges wearing his White Boots when he made his double homage to Phil Duke in Origin 2 years ago??

Good to see Easts fans still carping on about a game that was almost 30 years ago. Come to think of it, let's all go troll the C*nterbury forum about the time we beat them 91-6 in 1935 :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Good to see Easts fans still carping on about a game that was almost 30 years ago. Come to think of it, let's all go troll the C*nterbury forum about the time we beat them 91-6 in 1935 :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.
lol. I hear they don't want to talk about it. :lol:

OVP

Coach
Willow said:

What an aggressive little turd you are Willow. I was only asking if anyone could remember if anyone wore white boots before Hodges ... jesus christ there's no need to rip my f**king head off. Oh and if you dont believe there was an unspoken superstition to not wear white boots after Langlands dismal performance, then you're a fool.

Typical agro Saints supporter .. i hope your shit team gets thrashed this Friday .. Roosters by 50.

1975 :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
OVP said:
Willow said:

What an aggressive little turd you are Willow. I was only asking if anyone could remember if anyone wore white boots before Hodges ... jesus christ there's no need to rip my f**king head off. Oh and if you dont believe there was an unspoken superstition to not wear white boots after Langlands dismal performance, then you're a fool.

Typical agro Saints supporter .. i hope your sh*t team gets thrashed this Friday .. Roosters by 50.

I'll take that start...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
OVP said:
What an aggressive little turd you are Willow. I was only asking if anyone could remember if anyone wore white boots before Hodges ... jesus christ there's no need to rip my f**king head off.
Nice one junior. So you're just a touchy little sprog after all.

You wouldn't know banter of it came up and smacked him you on your sloping forehead.

You think that's ripping you head off, you've haven't seen anything yet.

Come back when your voice breaks.

OVP

Coach
Willow said:
OVP said:
What an aggressive little turd you are Willow. I was only asking if anyone could remember if anyone wore white boots before Hodges ... jesus christ there's no need to rip my f**king head off.

You wouldn't know banter of it came up and smacked him you on your sloping forehead.

Im probably older than you dipshit. My uncle, Harry Eden played for your club, mine, and Souths in the 60s-70s. I was going to invite yourself and StDillaman to one of his Xmas parties where the Saints players and coach, John Lang, Martin LAng, Jason Stevens and Nathan too go almost every year with free piss and shitloads of seafood and damn good company on Sans Souci beach ... oh well nevermind. Cya round ... enjoy your loss this week. If you apologise then you're more than welcome to join us.

Anonymous

Juniors
OVP said:
Willow said:
OVP said:

Im probably older than you dipshit. My uncle, Harry Eden played for your club, mine, and Souths in the 60s-70s. I was going to invite yourself and StDillaman to one of his Xmas parties where the Saints players and coach, John Lang, Martin LAng, Jason Stevens and Nathan too go almost every year with free piss and shitloads of seafood and damn good company on Sans Souci beach ... oh well nevermind. Cya round ... enjoy your loss this week. If you apologise then you're more than welcome to join us.
Oooh name dropping now... I'm impressed. I was invited to your uncle Harry's free piss up? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is cracking me up.

What a classic. :lol: We've had dickheads in these forums before but you OVP, take the cake... and the seafood as well. :lol: :lol:

btw OVP. Have you started to shave yet? And not your armpits stupid.
I only ask because you really shouldn't be playing with sharp objects just yet.

Red Bear

Referee
Willow, what jersy is Langlands wearing there? Sorry if i sound ignorant but that sure doesnt look like a red v

OVP

Coach
Willow said:
OVP said:
Willow said:
OVP said:

Oooh name dropping now... I'm impressed. I was invited to your uncle Harry's free piss up? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is cracking me up.

What a classic. :lol: We've had dickheads in these forums before but you OVP, take the cake... and the seafood as well. :lol: :lol:

btw OVP. Have you started to shave yet? And not your armpits stupid.
I only ask because you really shouldn't be playing with sharp objects just yet.

Well now i've seen it all ... just from a comment that i thought would spark humour between our two teams,,, the white boots and the silly phobias that happened over the years.

But Willow seems to think because he owns this SHNIT website, that he's above ALL.

:lol:

Well if thats the way you feel about things, then i think you need to see a psychiatrist.

If anyone here who can find something offensive in my original post then please tell me. I was simply trying to spark a little bit of humour about this forlorn place. If someone can tell me whats so offensive about what i said originally, then please let me know.

Btw Willow ... i dont know why you picked such a shit movie to inspire your knickname ... perhaps its because you are a simple soul ...

Anonymous

Juniors
Ahhh, the old nickname jibe. I've never heard that one before. :lol: Seriously, how old are you? You better be under 15 because anything older and you're a disgrace to post-puberty the world over.

OVP, my dear adolescent fellow... you are the asses ass here. Do you really think you can say, "aggressive little turd" and think there'll be nothing coming back?

Yes, that's right young fella, there was a bit of harmless banter and you lost the plot up front. And I've been laughing at you ever since.

I understand you regularly issue personal insults to other members and I'm told you're an easy mark to stir up. I didn't know it would be this easy. :lol:
You seemed shocked but the news is you're simply getting a return serve. Go off and have a sook if you want but it's obvious you can dish it out but can't take it.

And don't kick the site owner can here deadshit. Believe me, if this was a moderator warning, you'd know the difference in a flash. Exhibit bad manners and you'll get treated no differently to anyone else.
Now try and grow up and put a can on the personal crap.

btw, I'm still chuckling over you thinking you can devalue up my bbq social calender. I really don't know what I'm going to do with my life now. :lol: