What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

I actually think this is a great result for the club. We want benny around long term & this will definitely reduce his workload & extend his career. If Holmes is half the player everybody talks him up as , he will prob do ok at the back until Benny is back. Then the real game starts. Get into the top 4 & take it from there.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
I actually think this is a great result for the club. We want benny around long term & this will definitely reduce his workload & extend his career. If Holmes is half the player everybody talks him up as , he will prob do ok at the back until Benny is back. Then the real game starts. Get into the top 4 & take it from there.

what part of "sacked" don't you understand?
he won't be back, he's gone, finished
i'm staggered that you idiots want him back
its not the fact that he went out & got stuck into the charlie, its the fact he got caught & by keeping him you're eroding any culture that you built up
By accepting him back you never move forward, good people are more important than good players sometimes

txta2

Bench
If Val fires at fullback I'd suspect Barba wont be playing for the Sharks anymore unfortunately. The cap will play the role.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I suppose with the whole peptide issue still being fresh within the club, there was no sitting on the fence with this one. Throw in his troubled past and the club really had no choice.

I personally would have liked to see the club help him through this, but at the end of the day if we hold onto him it's a solid chunk of our cap sitting on the sidelines for 3 months of the season.

I hope Benny gets through all this but let's be honest I'm sure he wasn't the only NRL player on the happy candy during mad Monday.

Sure it opens the door now for Val and his long term future at the club, but what it also does is weakens our outside backs quite significantly unless we sign a solid first grade winger.

its not the fact that he went out & got stuck into the charlie, its the fact he got caught & by keeping him you're eroding any culture that you built up
By accepting him back you never move forward, good people are more important than good players sometimes
What an idiotic and short sighted comment, based on an outdated management model. Following your logic, the Chooks would have turfed Mitchell Pearce, Manly would have turfed Snake Stewart. Part of building a strong organisational culture is supporting your players and other staff. This also sends a positive message to other players who know that if they have any problems, the club will support them, so it builds player motivation and good will.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
What an idiotic and short sighted comment, based on an outdated management model. Following your logic, the Chooks would have turfed Mitchell Pearce, Manly would have turfed Snake Stewart. Part of building a strong organisational culture is supporting your players and other staff. This also sends a positive message to other players who know that if they have any problems, the club will support them, so it builds player motivation and good will.

yep, those clubs probably should have turfed them, its not like keeping them has been a positive for them
sure you support your staff, if they continually shit on you, you let them loose, you offer them ongoing support, you offer them help etc, but you don't sacrifice the well being of your organisation & the rest of your staff for one person who doesn't value the ethics & culture that you strive to maintain

now tell me again who's model is outdated?

Chimp

Bench
Ultimately, the club cannot afford to be linked with drugs of any sort following ASADA.

The club is riding on the crest of a wave - we don't want to put potential sponsors off by having our players linked to drugs.

The club needs a 'whiter than white' image right now - this is a good move on that front.... we're a club of moral integrity. And we can play on that card with how we're supporting Fifita currently, and if it happens, how we'll support Barba during this and when he returns to the game.

Good move Lyall!

SharkShocked

Bench
So by your logic the club has supported him by releasing him from his contract.

His huge salary contract - and by sending a welfare officer overseas as a minder... for what a week or so while he sorts his accommodation / arrangements.

Are the sharks even paying for his rehab if he is off contract with us?

Meanwhile, he has no guarantee of coming back to the club in any sense and a young gun looking to take his place.

Sharks will look after Sharks.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Reading through line club has now released Barba.

The NRL state that 12 match suspension stands, so if he comes back to NRL he then needs to serve 12 matches, so basically entire 2017 season.

Also released means we wont need to pay contract out.

Maybe its the roids i am now on, but we can could sign Barba say mid 2017 after seeing who we have retained, at cutprice amount he then serves 12 weeks is available for finals, and around for 2018.

This would help salary cap relief and also we get good look at Valentine as fullback

haha u far ken naive goose.

You are very emotional about this Billy!!!! Also completely wrong in every one of your comments, Billy. Keep it up!!! you are making a huge difference in the world & I find your keyboard burning really funny.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
You are very emotional about this Billy!!!! Also completely wrong in every one of your comments, Billy. Keep it up!!! you are making a huge difference in the world & I find your keyboard burning really funny.

I admire your inner perception, gauging peoples emotion through a footy forum suggests that there is a far greater calling for someone as talented as you
Ive never been wrong in my life son
Ive burned bras, never burned a keyboard, don't see the point, they really don't have much personality, whereas bras are an absolute metaphor for emotion

Latest posts