What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

being a sharks fan

lachie

Juniors
Knightmare said:
Okey Lachie, as you asked, here is a brief history of your new club:

The Cronulla team entered the comp in 1967. They lost their first match to Easts 11-5 and finished the year with the wooden spoon. However the team managed to turn it around soon enough and by 1973 they had made their first Grand Final, against Manly. They lost that game (one of the most brutal on record), however they made the grand Final again in 1978, again facing up against manly. To this day Cronulla fans are filthy at the refereeing decisions by one G.Hartley in that game. Parramatta and Wests fans also believe they were dudded that year, and that manly premiership is clouded with controversy. The Sharks went through a lean period for 10 years before winning the Minor Premiership in 1988 and making the semis again in 1989. Then the lean years returned, before the Sharks became regular finalists from the mid 1990's. In 1997 they made the SuperLeague Grand Final against Brisbane but lost that game as well. From 1999 to 2002 Cronulla made the semis every year, but fell one game short of the Grand Final on more than one occasion, the most heartbreaking being in 1999 when they were Minor Premiers then blew an 8-0 halftime lead againt St George Illawarra to bow out of the Preliminary Final 24-8. Seasons 2003-2004 were average seasons, however the club again made the semis in 2005. But still there is no Premiership.

FIRST GRADE PREMIERSHIPS: 0
RESERVE GRADE PREMIERSHIPS: 1994, 1996
THIRD GRADE PREMIERSHIPS: 1975, 1994
MINOR PREMIERSHIPS: 1988, 1999

thanks for the history lesson knightmare

lachie

Juniors
today has been a great day i finally have found my team thanks alot for it you guys i look forward for many years talking to you and supporting the mighty sharks

cheers lachie

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Lachie, one more word of advice - perhaps you could in future grace your posts with the odd punctuation mark. Does make them easier to read for those of us schooled in the more classical pre-SMS era. Thanks :)

lachie

Juniors
30 Year Sharkie said:
Lachie, one more word of advice - perhaps you could in future grace your posts with the odd punctuation mark. Does make them easier to read for those of us schooled in the more classical pre-SMS era. Thanks :)

Hahaha ok.Its just hard when most of your writting is in sms format.However i will try and post with better punctuation from now on.

cheers lachie

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Have you heard of beer hil Lachie? Lovely place to meet other sharks fans if you like intelligent discussions on the game.

lachie

Juniors
Gunnamatta said:
Have you heard of beer hil Lachie? Lovely place to meet other sharks fans if you like intelligent discussions on the game.

beer hill yeah sounds like a good place.

Quigs

Immortal
Knightmare said:
They lost their first match to Easts 11-5 and finished the year with the wooden spoon.

Point of order Comrade Knightmare - we won our very first game. Correct me if I am wrong but in 67 East didn't win a game. Someone out there might be able to verify this. But I'll back it that the sharks won the first game against East,

And I was there....

Cheers
Quigs.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Quigs said:
Point of order Comrade Knightmare - we won our very first game. Correct me if I am wrong but in 67 East didn't win a game. Someone out there might be able to verify this. But I'll back it that the sharks won the first game against East,

And I was there....

Cheers
Quigs.

100% correct Quigman. Wasn't it 'Bomber' Hynes that got the meaty? 4 from 4 for Terry Hughes I think.

Quigs

Immortal
Captain Jack Frenzy ... Did you kick a goal on your birthday..????

I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. ... but I am sure that we won. Crikey I was only 12 then.

I was down in Syd-a-ney for a week a fortnight ago and visited a mate that had the Sharks book. (he wouldn't let me steal it) and there was a great story in it about Bomber Hynes scoring "OUR" first try.

They reckon he was the only bloke that showered with a cigar and when he finished showering, the cigar was still dry and alight....

Couldn't imagine a current day coach allowing a team member to smoke a ceee-garh in the dressing shed. Could you imagine some of our pretty boys frantically complaining to Coach Stu about so and so smoking.

Anyhow thanks for seconding my motion from the floor. Is it carried.?

Cheers
Quigs

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Quigs is 100% correct. I consulted my copy of the aforementioned bible, and not only does it have a photograph of the alleged cigar it confirms that on 2 April 1967 the Sharkies beat Easts 11-5 in their first match in first grade. Frenzy is correct with his recollection of the scorers.

Motion carried, Mr Quigs.

Craigshark

First Grade
Smartman said:
Id rather be dead than being a sharks fan :lol:

Yes, well you are a Bulldogs fan, so just attend a couple of their matches and there is every chance of it some time in the near future. ;-)

Thomo.

First Grade
lachie said:
yeh what ever champ i really dont care why am i a troll because i wont to go for the sharks for ever now up yours

part timer. gotta be committed:)

lachie

Juniors
Smartman said:
Id rather be dead than being a sharks fan :lol:

id rather be dead then be a dogs fan i mean lets all go and let of fire works at a game or get in a brawl or bash some guy up or go and hang with my fully tabolli friends yeah mad club ....cough ......cough