What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamys Broncos vs Parramatta ELECTRIC eels

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I know Alvaro isn't a Broncos junior, but we did sign him from their NYC system.

I laughed when Hadley was talking him up saying how well he was playing but didn't mention how we had signed him from the Broncos. If it was a Parra junior playing for Brisbane he would of mentioned it 3 bloody times.

Yes we did, but broncos signed him from Mittagong or somewhere around there.

TheParraboy

Staff member
There’s no way on earth Pangai makes that bust up the middle if brown/mannah/Kaysa there.

Even if they had gillett/moose available , our injuries hurt us considerably more than theirs

We are not bending over which is good, but Jesus Christ we don’t know how to convert tries when it presents itself. Kicking game has been a constant worry.

We haven’t have any luck with ref calls which doesn’t help either, but our stupidity is top of the class.

IFR33K

Coach
If??? You like your ifs and Buts.

He’s bog average and it’s laughable you are claiming him as some big loss.

He wouldn’t make the starting 17 of any other team in the comp. king looks like he had already been told he is gone and couldn’t give a rats.

The forwards weren’t the problem we had a roll on all night it was the halves and our dreadful predictable attack that belongs in u6’s.

The kid deserves credit. In the games he’s played this year, he’s been very competitive and created opportunities for the halves. He’s no Cam smith, but he really is finding his feet in first grade. Shame injuries keep hindering him

Watching at the game our shape was terrible, it looks like the players have no faith in them either but it’s whats coached into them so they do them anyway.

And the mid field bombs ffs.
Too flat in attack, flat attack is a thing of the past, you need to be deeper and get some shape as you say, run onto the ball use some footwork and have plenty of runners and options.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Im still trying to figure out how he got hit in the head .... im guessing maybe the initial contact whipped his head into whats his names head/shoulder
Stiff arm from Lodge. Slowed the replay down. Pretty bad one actually
Lets see if he gets cited.
Penalty Broncos.

IFR33K

Coach
Anyone see the Facebook post, where the broncos player gives the ref a sly ‘low five’ after he awards the donkeys a pentalty for the Moses high shot.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the replay this morning and the benefit being you can rewind and slow things down.

I really dont like blaming referees but in this case there were 4 forward passes that affected the game, 2 from us that we were penalised for and 2 from the Bronx that were ignored. Ours were flat passes that are allowed week in week out by other refs, and 2 blatant forward passes from the bronx that were a long way forward which should have resulted in 2 penalties to us, but instead the bronx were allowed to play on.

It was potentially a 12 point turn around or possibly even more and thats the game right there. Then there was the block on Jenko which could have resulted on a try, or at least 2 points from a penalty.

And that was just those few incidents, there were plenty others.

I dont for one minute think these refs are cheating, I just think they get intimidated by large home crowds and they tend to rule against bottom teams and we've heard Harrigan admit to that when he was the refs boss. If that is part of the referees culture being handed down then it certainly explains why some calls go against bottom teams irregardless of whether they committed the foul or not. .

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Moses charged by Match Review Committee
Author
parraeels.com.au
Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses has been charged by the NRL Match Review Committee following the Club’s Round 12 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium last night (Thursday 24 May).

Moses was penalised for an incident involving Broncos Jordan Kahu in the 14th minute of the clash, attracting a Grade 1 High Tackle – Careless offence.

The base penalty for the charge is a $1,500 fine, but can be reduced to $1,100 with an early guilty plea.

Moses will be free to play in the Eels Round 13 clash against the Newcastle Knights at ANZ Stadium on Saturday 2 June.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/05/25/moses-charged-by-match-review-committee/

Kilkenny

Coach
I know it doesn't mean much but I thought you guys were really good last night.

Ashley Klien and his assistants laid the early platform for the Bronco's and from that point on you guys were playing catch up which is very hard to do.

The rub of green and bounce of the ball simply didn't go the way of the Eels which was a shame given the effort of the team as a whole.

As a neutral fan watching on, something needs to be done about the kicking game and last tackle options which was an obvious area where you let yourselves down.

It is understandable there is a lot of doom and gloom on here but I think you are only a couple of quality players short of being a real strong side.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He should contest it. We don't want carry-over points to bite us in the arse during the finals.

He should contest it, so he hopefully loses, and he sits the game out.

/being a duck

Seriously, though - I'm starting to see the Tigers' fans' views that he is savagely over-rated..

strider

Post Whore
I honestly don’t think Norman had as good of a game that people are saying...
I think it’s more so just how poor he has been.
Yeah i am a bit shocked how much people are talking up normans game last night ... he had to do more cos fullbacks must catch the ball and return it ... popped in the line a bit .... but wasnt particularly great

Kornstar

Coach
He should contest it, so he hopefully loses, and he sits the game out.

/being a duck

Seriously, though - I'm starting to see the Tigers' fans' views that he is savagely over-rated..

Yeah. Just don't tell them that.

That's a bit harsh. He isn't the one making all the unforced errors and because of all those unforced errors we are on the back foot and playing catch up footy. That is a load of unnecessary pressure on one player.

Norman hasn't helped in any way by stifling our attack 80% of the time he has the ball.

We were also lacking one of our best players in Gutho for 7 games, Hayne has played a handful. Take was out as well. Brown has been out along with Mannah and Scott. Now we don't have Edwards.

Sure we're not going great and i am not saying that he is perfect but to doubt him because he isn't winning games because our team has a case of the dropsies is pretty unfair.

Kornstar

Coach
Yeah i am a bit shocked how much people are talking up normans game last night ... he had to do more cos fullbacks must catch the ball and return it ... popped in the line a bit .... but wasnt particularly great

Apart from that pass (that was 50/50) to French, i still think he stifles our attack too much.

His returns were the best we've had for a while though imo.