What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Flower send off

Wizardman

First Grade
Check out his chargedown on Youtube. Has to be seen to be believed. He'd get six weeks for that here. He charged down the kicker with his elbow fully cocked.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Isn't Ben Flower that dirty f*cker who knocked another player out with a punch and then attacked him on the ground?

Scorpio30

Bench
Ironically I watched it yesterday after seeing Lance Hohaia on Linkedin...Real Estate Agent in Grand Rapids Michigan now..lol

Paullyboy

Coach
Hey hey lance is making friends with the American pie cast, good on him.

Back on topic though, flower is just like FPN or Packer - belongs in jail, why wait, just put them in now so someone doesn't get killed.

davi

Juniors
Lance Hohaia actually got in some strife earlier this year suggesting after his head knock St Helens didn't give him enough time to recover from the injury and did not support him. St Helens strenuously rebuked the claim and threaten legal action from the comments.

Last Week

Bench
I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that he raised his arms to protect his face from the ball potentially hitting his face.

Send off, 2 weeks.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Most shocking part of the video was the guy on the bench getting a head job.

'Elbow' wasn't that bad...he's a filthy f**ker but he's more so just carelessly kinda half gone to charge down then half braced to avoid impact. Or braced to give the other guy more impact, I guess.

10 weeks if it was Charlie Gubb, none if it was Cam Smith on the eve of finals.

Nothing wrong with it. His arm was clearly away from his body.

If it was NRL it would be grade 7 being a naughty boy charge with loading for a similar offence from the MRC with 15 weeks for a guilty plea and a millenium if he fights it and loses. Then not guilty at the judiciary.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The old pommy elbow. The best one I've seen is this one. 1:10 in

The best bit is the commentary. No outrage at all.

Latest posts