What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

mickeylane

Bench
I was actually on a Ben Hunt Highlights binge on youtube last night.

One of the things that strike me most about him is his vision. He is not the kind of player who will stick to a structured set play if he can see a better option (eg - running the ball, putting a kick in, playing for field position).
He's actually a lot quicker than I thought too, i've seen him outrun a few wingers.
His passing game is pinpoint as well, every pass hits the chest, has a classy cut out ball.
This is a guy that former players and coaches have talked about being a once in a generation style player, and he's still growing.

So happy we picked him up, he was the best option for us considering age/skill/ability/what we lack.
I'm in love w ben hunt

slippery5

Juniors
With the rumours of the storm chasing Milford for big dollars I think we will look back and realise we got a bargain with Hunt. Proof is in the pudding and won't know for sure till next year but here's hoping!!!
Hunt is twice the player Milford is, Milford is a defensive mirror of Soward. I shake my head every time he attempts to make a tackle.

Gandhi

Juniors
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh, mercy.

McCrone is a great guy but he's a very ordinary player. Ben Hunt would absolutely run rings around him and he'd probably admit as much himself. No team is winning a comp if Josh McCrone is your first choice half back.
Lets see how city go with him playing for them hey...he is a rep player after all.

Gandhi

Juniors
No, I only call things the way I see them without fear nor favour.

McGregor's ill treatment of Vaughlan by keeping him 'rested' on the bench for unnecessary, extended periods is starting to grate.
He may be carrying an injury that is being nursed through less minutes versus missing games

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Firstly I have to say I was very happy we snared Hunt at whatever cost. I am now a little concerned about the nature of this hamstring injury, it is obviously a nasty one with him being sidelined for such a long period.

How might such a nasty injury to a critical part of the footballer's body affect him on return. Will it recur, will he lose pace, will he lose confidence? Got to see how he plays when he gets back on the field before we'll know.

Another observation is how well Broncos have gone since he has been out...

Gandhi

Juniors
Firstly I have to say I was very happy we snared Hunt at whatever cost. I am now a little concerned about the nature of this hamstring injury, it is obviously a nasty one with him being sidelined for such a long period.

How might such a nasty injury to a critical part of the footballer's body affect him on return. Will it recur, will he lose pace, will he lose confidence? Got to see how he plays when he gets back on the field before we'll know.

Another observation is how well Broncos have gone since he has been out...
They havent gone better since he was out.

giboz71

First Grade
Two level headed halves will be a rare & envious combination. If result's follow, attracting & retaining quality players will be easier.

Agreed.

DCE and Foran were probably the last halves combination to come close to what we have potentially with Hunt and Widdop.

And they had Brett Stewart at the peak of his powers as well chiming in from FB. No wonder they won the comp in 2011 and almost again in 2013.

Minh

First Grade
Seriously no other young half I would prefer to have in front of Ben Hunt we got lucky....

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Think you might see something like this next year..

1. Field
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Garrick/Thompson/Mann
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

I've been told that at times he is lazy and doesn't always put in like others but on the flip side when he does he is dangerous.