What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt Stopped Running

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Has anyone else noticed that Hunt for quite a few weeks has stopped running at the defensive line?

What I see is he runs parallel to the defensive line and then turns the ball back to a forward running back to where the opposition forwards are moving towards. Watching last night he kept doing it, over and over again.

Rarely does he run straight at the defensive line with his forwards in tow. Take the last play of last night's game, again running side ways and he got slammed dropping the ball and allowing the Storm to score a try.

Hunt is a million dollar man and our match winner. It looks more like he is going through the motions and picking up his $30-$40k per game.

Dragon David

First Grade
Has anyone else noticed that Hunt for quite a few weeks has stopped running at the defensive line?

What I see is he runs parallel to the defensive line and then turns the ball back to a forward running back to where the opposition forwards are moving towards. Watching last night he kept doing it, over and over again.

Rarely does he run straight at the defensive line with his forwards in tow. Take the last play of last night's game, again running side ways and he got slammed dropping the ball and allowing the Storm to score a try.

Hunt is a million dollar man and our match winner. It looks more like he is going through the motions and picking up his $30-$40k per game.
Yes you are right with your observation RedV. I don't know why he isn't? Most of today's halves love to take it up and run hard in attack and push and push to gain ground or several run hard, dummy and try and make a break. I cannot remember the last time Hunt made a number of breaks in a game? This is what you want from a half back, besides being able to do good kicks in general play and act as a second hooker to be able to pass selectively in attack to the forwards or 5/8th.

Even before his request to leave us, he wasn't doing that much with the ball in hand. Flanagan needs to get him to get more involved, that is if Hunt is around for us in 2024.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Just need a qld team to want him at his 900k or happy to give us a couple of decent players in exchange. Hopefully plan b is not Townsend as was very ordinary v sharks

56to66

Juniors
I said to a mate of mine back in 2008, if the Dragons don't win a comp under Wayne Bennett they'll never win it again, same could be said with Flanno with the assistance of Young and Carr. In the last month of footy already there are great signs leading into 2024, whether its Flanno's appointment or carr's coaching, maybe a bit of both, this next 3 years for St George should be a good one. Roosters made the GF in 2010 after picking up the spoon in 2009, then went onto being a dominant club winning 3 premierships.
Maybe the Mighties will follow the same path.

getsmarty

Immortal
I said to a mate of mine back in 2008, if the Dragons don't win a comp under Wayne Bennett they'll never win it again, same could be said with Flanno with the assistance of Young and Carr. In the last month of footy already there are great signs leading into 2024, whether its Flanno's appointment or carr's coaching, maybe a bit of both, this next 3 years for St George should be a good one. Roosters made the GF in 2010 after picking up the spoon in 2009, then went onto being a dominant club winning 3 premierships.

Love your positivity. Rebuild will take time...If flanno fixes their fitness and defense, while signing a few tough nut forwards and some speedy outside backs then the future will be bright.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
the Roosters have an endless pit of money

TheRev

First Grade
I actually think Hunt is trying... you could debate whether its for self-pride or to remind those qld suitors that he is still worth 900k.

It happened that week Flanno spoke to him.. he stopped sooking & started running again.. I reckon he is trying to inspire his teammates and 'be a captain'.. I mean tbf he doesnt have more available in his kitbag. But the runs are telegraphed far more than when he was in that run of form and it just happened instinctively.

Getting flattened when he was crabbing though.. did make me grin with a rye smile.. hunt doing hunt things.

BLM01

First Grade
I actually think Hunt is trying... you could debate whether its for self-pride or to remind those qld suitors that he is still worth 900k.

It happened that week Flanno spoke to him.. he stopped sooking & started running again.. I reckon he is trying to inspire his teammates and 'be a captain'.. I mean tbf he doesnt have more available in his kitbag. But the runs are telegraphed far more than when he was in that run of form and it just happened instinctively.

Getting flattened when he was crabbing though.. did make me grin with a rye smile.. hunt doing hunt things.
I thought he led well last night to a degree. He tried hard, broke the line once or twice, set up 2 of our tries.
That try for Coates... who was the cover still trying to the end while the rest were walking and others arm grabbed him?.... our captain

Victoire

Juniors
Hunt set up the Sloan and Amone tries, his presence looping around Burns for his first try had all the defence watching him which opened it up for Billy, and he put the kick in for Burns' second. I know he's made himself an easy target but there's not much more he could've done in that game.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Unless he goes back to the Broncos or gets lucky and goes to Penrith or Storm (will never happen), Hunt will have more chance winning a comp in 2 years with Saints than any of the other teams.

Saints have showed so much promise the last few months and with Flanno coming in, he will implement better systems to benefit Hunt, Amone, Liddle and Sloan for sure. I am comfortable with what I have seen with this spine for the next couple of years behind a dominant pack of forwards.