What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

Warabrook saint

Juniors
All I can say is that I am not convinced a 69 yr old Bennett is right moving forward with about 2-3 years left max and possibly no post succession plan, however YES he is better than the now..but will see what pans out. I am less than 50/50 convinced he is coming here anyway...just media hype and specualtion.
But what would speak volumes is how the players turn up and play this week if they really do play for Mary and their season. After all this media pressure and Bennett speculation another loss or performance like last week will mean to me Mary is not LOVED anymore.
It's funny how Mary and the players talk like the past few weeks are a blimp and we are now going to draw a line in the sand and start performing from this week. I ask...Why now and based on how and what?
The coach and players are delusional

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I hate to think like that, wanting to see the Dragons get flogged, but yeah, I think like that.

The only way we get change is to be absolute rubbish, the board have time and time again proved that mediocrity is akin to success.

Yes mate...it’s sad to think like that. It’s blasphemy. But at least it won’t be as painful if we get flogged.

Spot on again Dennis .....?if JD isn't a giant improvement on jetski .............. I give up
You Have to ask yourself if the coaching job was offered on objective merit, then surely JD would have got the job over McGregor.'
Fast forward 4 years and I can't help but think we would not be in this position if Demetriou was our coach.
Diabolical narrow minded, pathetic decision back then and the club has suffered for it.

getsmarty

Immortal
You Have to ask yourself if the coaching job was offered on objective merit, then surely JD would have got the job over McGregor.'
Fast forward 4 years and I can't help but think we would not be in this position if Demetriou was our coach.
Diabolical narrow minded, pathetic decision back then and the club has suffered for it.

Correct Dennis...Mary White-ants his competitors....+ has support from Illawarra side of Board.

Gareth67

First Grade
Bennett’s 10 am press conference:- 1 Bennett shall announce that he SHALL be seeing out the final year of his contract - regardless of what the media has said .

2 That as a fellow member has more or less said , Mary will also be here in 2019 - sorry

3 Which takes us to a new CEO and a new part/owner of the joint venture.

3 A long shot only , we welcome back Trent Barrett ?

I hope that I am wrong with point 2 .

Yes mate...it’s sad to think like that. It’s blasphemy. But at least it won’t be as painful if we get flogged.
How many floggings do we have to endure before there is change?
Look at our points differential and how quickly it has evaporated.
A few more big scores against us and we will be fighting for survival on points difference as well.
Very sad state of affairs.

Correct Dennis...Mary White-ants his competitors....+ has support from Illawarra side of Board.
I get the Illawarra faction wanting their boy in charge.
What I don't get is what the hell is the St. George side of the Board doing?
How can they stand by and watch shit like this happen?
In any case, a great lot of good it has done us.
Worst 4 years in the clubs history.
Late season surrender is the worst outcome as a fan.
My Easts and Souths mates are having a field day at my expense.

BLM01

First Grade
Bennett’s 10 am press conference:- 1 Bennett shall announce that he SHALL be seeing out the final year of his contract - regardless of what the media has said .

2 That as a fellow member has more or less said , Mary will also be here in 2019 - sorry

3 Which takes us to a new CEO and a new part/owner of the joint venture.

3 A long shot only , we welcome back Trent Barrett ?

I hope that I am wrong with point 2 .
And Point 3A

Uncle Wayno has spoken, he’s not coming, hasn’t spoken to Doust, does not have a manager to speak to any club.

Make of that what you will

denis preston

First Grade
I get the Illawarra faction wanting their boy in charge.
What I don't get is what the hell is the St. George side of the Board doing?
How can they stand by and watch shit like this happen?
In any case, a great lot of good it has done us.
Worst 4 years in the clubs history.
Late season surrender is the worst outcome as a fan.
My Easts and Souths mates are having a field day at my expense.

Thats been the point for the past 10 years.Who & what has the board done.These faceless men. As bad as Doust has been the feeling was that he is head and shoulders above some members of his board .Scary

Unfortunately they will pump for Mary unless the losses become embarrassing and they think their jobs may be in jeopardy , only then will they make a move to punt Mary. Terrible situation but i am torn like a lot of posters that change will only come if we keep losing .

He is as shifty as they come ....
True, but he had a point about all this just being a media beat up.
He won’t get his contract extension, that’s pretty clear, but he was adamant that he will see out next year regardless.
Given that the Broncos missed thier man in Bellamy and that Seibold won’t likely leave Souths mid contract, that leaves Bennett there next year.

hazzbeen

Bench
True, but he had a point about all this just being a media beat up.
He won’t get his contract extension, that’s pretty clear, but he was adamant that he will see out next year regardless.
Given that the Broncos missed thier man in Bellamy and that Seibold won’t likely leave Souths mid contract, that leaves Bennett there next year.
Time will tell ....