What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
"The Illawarra faction of the joint venture will fight for McGregor, a Steelers legend"

What a joke... The sooner the leagues club buy them out the better it will be for our club

I’m all about the Steelers having an input in the joint venture but any talk of support for McIdiot is a sackable offence.
How can anyone with a clear head validated the continuition of Mary?

That kind of thinking is enough to activate the disengagement of the franchise.

FlameThrower

Bench
Reported today on 2GB sport news - Wayne Bennet was reported to snub a Broncos BBQ yesterday. Trent Barrett has just about given Manly notice as well - so I reckon Panthers will start the coaching Dominoes- followed by Souths and hopefully the Dragons are in the mix. My concern is Bennett goes to Souths and we miss out Next best but intense option is Maguire as no way wil he go back to Souths!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Reported today on 2GB sport news - Wayne Bennet was reported to snub a Broncos BBQ yesterday. Trent Barrett has just about given Manly notice as well - so I reckon Panthers will start the coaching Dominoes- followed by Souths and hopefully the Dragons are in the mix. My concern is Bennett goes to Souths and we miss out Next best but intense option is Maguire as no way wil he go back to Souths!

Nah, Bennett knows what’s ahead at the Dragons, Souths is an unknown for him.

He’ll stay safe and head down to Kogarah. Besides, he doesn’t have to improve us much to get a better result the McIdiot..... so he’s onto a good thing.

Barrett will go to the Panthers, Souths will keep Siebold and Broncos can get stuffed.

I think Barret goes to Panthers, no way Bennett would work under the “guidance” of Gould.
Siebold, if he has any integrity, sees out his contract with Souths, they gave him the opportunity and he has them firing.
That’s leaves Bennett with the options of Parra or the Dragons.
Which club has the best chance of winning a premiership with its current roster?

Crush

Coach
Peter Badell is one of the most credible reporters in Brisbane and if hes reporting Bennets on our radar - HE IS! Plus Doust along w Morris Iemma the incoming CEO will want to give the club a huge boost and Bennettis the ideal man to do that. I also believe Bennett will bring Darius with him again on a 2year deal to play 5/8 w Widdop moving to Fullback. Darius will be 33 when his contract will finish w Dragons .
One thing for sure Bennett doesnt suffer fools gladly -
Lafai, Aitken, Dufty will all go in the clean out and quite possibly James Roberts & Pangai will come down along w Boyd w Bennett and Demetriou!!

Widdop
Mcdonald
Lomax
Roberts
???

Boyd
Hunt

JDB
Pangai
Sims
Frizzell
Mciness
Vaughan

Sims
Graham
Host
??
Lol.
Love it. Just slot Jimmy the jet and Pangai Junior in there. Chuck Boyd in the halves. Easy. Great.
Can't wait for 2019:joy:

Lol.
Love it. Just slot Jimmy the jet and Pangai Junior in there. Chuck Boyd in the halves. Easy. Great.
Can't wait for 2019:joy:
Don’t forget Darius is 32, uncle Wayno has been grooming him to be a first grade 5/8 for the last 10 years, he just needed an opportunity to use him as one, he never got the chance at the Broncos, the Dragons, Newcastle or the Broncos again*

* why don’t we have a sarcasm font?

Dragon for life

Juniors
Rumors up here on triple m in the sunny state are that Bennet will announce something today. Sort of hoping that he comes to Saints. Won’t look forward to the aftermath when he leaves though. 8 years on and we’re still f**ked.

We do have a decent roster at the moment and Bennett could bring us another prem next year. Just need a couple of decent backs and some killer halves as I don’t think the pair we have are worth the money they are receiving but who knows under Bennett they may excel.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Just getting things ready ..........

693750_640x360_large_20180814211441.jpg

Wayne Bennett is being eyed by the St George Illawarra Dragons to return to the club in 2019
d381f0e857a0f0728ae55fa33366507d

It's ok fellows, no more tears, I'm coming back ..........
http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F08%2F15%2F07%2F17%2FBennett_150818_a_env.jpg

Nah, Bennett knows what’s ahead at the Dragons, Souths is an unknown for him.

He’ll stay safe and head down to Kogarah. Besides, he doesn’t have to improve us much to get a better result the McIdiot..... so he’s onto a good thing.

Barrett will go to the Panthers, Souths will keep Siebold and Broncos can get stuffed.

Love that last part, Broncos can get stuffed :joy::joy::joy::joy:

st penguin

Juniors

You’re assuming he’s thinking with his big head! Does he still have that sassy 50-something girlfriend? She might want to move to Bondi and not Penrith or the gong.

BLM01

First Grade
All I can say is that I am not convinced a 69 yr old Bennett is right moving forward with about 2-3 years left max and possibly no post succession plan, however YES he is better than the now..but will see what pans out. I am less than 50/50 convinced he is coming here anyway...just media hype and specualtion.
But what would speak volumes is how the players turn up and play this week if they really do play for Mary and their season. After all this media pressure and Bennett speculation another loss or performance like last week will mean to me Mary is not LOVED anymore.
It's funny how Mary and the players talk like the past few weeks are a blimp and we are now going to draw a line in the sand and start performing from this week. I ask...Why now and based on how and what?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Not really true.
I suppose it depends on what your criteria are and who you are comparing him to.
Coaching pedigree
1. Coached the Northern Pride to back to back Minor premierships and won the Queensland Cup in 2014
Also won the intrastate cup the same year.
2. Joined the Cowboys in 2015 as the assistant coach which was the year the Cowboys won the comp. Hmmm
3. 2016 joined the Dragons as an assistant coach and head coach of the Cutters. Won the comp that year and also won the intrastate cup again. Was named coach of the year in the NSW comp.
4. For reasons which still irk most on this forum, McGregor was preferred to Demetriou as the new FG coach of the Dragons.
Demetriou was immediately snapped up as the assistant to Wayne Bennett at the Broncos where he is highly rated.
So I don't know about you but compared to Price and McGregor, this guy has an outstanding CV with real results and a football philosophy that fosters a winning culture and an attractive style of football.
He also is a local junior - grew up in the St. George area and played both Harold Matthews and S.G. Ball for us. I don't know if that means anything to you but it does to me.
On the other hand, McGregor has coached bush footy in the Illawarra comp, 2 years as head coach of the Cutters 8th and 10th from memory AND no coaching apprenticeship to speak of.
So who are you kidding?
Just look at what Siebold is doing at Souths and even Brennan at the Titans.
Both had extensive apprenticeships working under top line coaches.
So your questions are answered in detail.
"Fawning", "unproven"?
Better take a closer look because you chose the wrong target.
Spot on again Dennis .....?if JD isn't a giant improvement on jetski .............. I give up

New Dragon

Juniors
Rumors up here on triple m in the sunny state are that Bennet will announce something today. Sort of hoping that he comes to Saints. Won’t look forward to the aftermath when he leaves though. 8 years on and we’re still f**ked.

We do have a decent roster at the moment and Bennett could bring us another prem next year. Just need a couple of decent backs and some killer halves as I don’t think the pair we have are worth the money they are receiving but who knows under Bennett they may excel.
Will be his last contract so a repeat of how he left last time won’t happen. Also same mistakes won’t be repeated so I reckon a second stint would be better than the first with this roster and available juniors