What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Day Out 2010

bluesbreaker

Bench
Reckon there'll be a 3rd announcement? How the f**k did they sell out TWO big day outs with this stank line-up? Fluro kiddies and pill heads ruined the whole concept of festivals.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Reckon there'll be a 3rd announcement? How the f**k did they sell out TWO big day outs with this stank line-up? Fluro kiddies and pill heads ruined the whole concept of festivals.

They've already said there is only 2 announcements, some unknown local acts may be added, but I doubt it.

Charlie124

First Grade
I wish they'd announce the whole lineup all at once or at least announce all of the big name bands in the first announcement. Fear Factory would be worth going to see but any fans of theirs wont be able to get tickets now. If the BDO is going to sell out every year regardless of the lineup why not at least give fans of the bands the opportunity to go see them?

braz

Juniors
Fear factory + Tumbleweed makes me a very happy camper.

This will be FF third time at the BDO. I rememeber when they filled in for Sepultura in 1997.

With Mastodon and Mars Volta and the lineup is looking good now!

Mong

Post Whore
I found out about Fear Factory Friday and have been p*ssed off since that i don't have a ticket.

Last time they played BDO we get good coverage of them on channel V.. Hopefully that happens again this time

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I wish they'd announce the whole lineup all at once or at least announce all of the big name bands in the first announcement. Fear Factory would be worth going to see but any fans of theirs wont be able to get tickets now. If the BDO is going to sell out every year regardless of the lineup why not at least give fans of the bands the opportunity to go see them?

People whinge about the lineup not being good enough, they add some quality and people still whinge? If there are two or three bands worth seeing in the day, you've got your money's worth, anything else is a bonus IMO.

But on a sidenote, this wouldn't interest you, but for anyone in Sydney or Melbourne

Newly announced on the Big Day Out 2010 bill, metal quartet Fear Factory is also set to play a pair of sideshows in Sydney and Melbourne. FasterLouder will be coming along for the ride (and hanging on for dear life).

The ‘revamped’ Fear Factory line-up – Burton C. Bell, Byron Stroud, Gene Hoglan and the mighty Dino Cazares – has a seventh album Mechanize slated for February. These full-throttle sideshows will see the new material put through its paces – but not at the expense of the ‘90s set-list staples. The past decade has been a tumultuous one for Fear Factory, but it seems the fire is back.

Fear Factory plays these Big Day Out sideshows, proudly presented by FasterLouder.

Monday 18 January – The Manning Bar, Sydney
Wednesday 27 January – Prince Bandroom, Melbourne

skeepe

Immortal
I hope they play plenty of songs from Obsolete, definately my favourite album of theirs.

People whinge about the lineup not being good enough, they add some quality and people still whinge? If there are two or three bands worth seeing in the day, you've got your money's worth, anything else is a bonus IMO.

But on a sidenote, this wouldn't interest you, but for anyone in Sydney or Melbourne

Newly announced on the Big Day Out 2010 bill, metal quartet Fear Factory is also set to play a pair of sideshows in Sydney and Melbourne. FasterLouder will be coming along for the ride (and hanging on for dear life).

The ‘revamped’ Fear Factory line-up – Burton C. Bell, Byron Stroud, Gene Hoglan and the mighty Dino Cazares – has a seventh album Mechanize slated for February. These full-throttle sideshows will see the new material put through its paces – but not at the expense of the ‘90s set-list staples. The past decade has been a tumultuous one for Fear Factory, but it seems the fire is back.

Fear Factory plays these Big Day Out sideshows, proudly presented by FasterLouder.

Monday 18 January – The Manning Bar, Sydney
Wednesday 27 January – Prince Bandroom, Melbourne

gay, why does Brisbane always get left out?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I hope they play plenty of songs from Obsolete, definately my favourite album of theirs.

Their new song Powershifter, although still over-produced seems to hark back to the obsolete days. With Dino Cazares back, it's certainly got my interest again. There is always plenty of obsolete in their sets I can't remember a set that I've seen where they haven't played Shock, Edgecrusher and Resurrection, even Descent has been in most of them. Add Replica, Self Bias Resistor, Zero Signal and Demanufacture to that setlist and I'll be a happy man. I'll be going to the manning bar gig for sure.

braz

Juniors

Demanufacture > Obsolete by far IMO. Digimortal sux.

Demanufacture is one of the best metal albums of the 90s.

There last two albums (without Dino) have been pretty good though - Archetype and Transgression. Different line up but still really good.

This whole line-up change is weird but they will still be great to see again!

Red Bear

Referee
lol
The only band i think i'd genuinely interested to see form the third lineup, Tumbleweed, arent playing the first day of the Sydney BDO.

Ticket is getting sold

Charlie124

First Grade

What i'm whinging about is the fact that they announce a sh*t lineup, the tickets all get sold out (regardless of whos named), then comes a second and third announcement with bands that a lot of people would want to see but cant because now there arent any tickets left.

The problem is that they "add some quality" after its already sold out, so the fans who would have bought tickets because of Fear Factory this year miss out because the lineup was sh*thouse when the first announcement was made.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
What i'm whinging about is the fact that they announce a sh*t lineup, the tickets all get sold out (regardless of whos named), then comes a second and third announcement with bands that a lot of people would want to see but cant because now there arent any tickets left.

The problem is that they "add some quality" after its already sold out, so the fans who would have bought tickets because of Fear Factory this year miss out because the lineup was sh*thouse when the first announcement was made.

Thats not the fault of organisers, if it was done with all in one announcement you'd get nowhere near as good a lineup. Most bands don't plan tours 6 months ahead, it's why there is the need for multiple announcements, unless you're a massive act it's virtually impossible to do your scheduling that far in advance, its a problem we face living in australia, touring here takes a bucketload of planning. I have no problem with the way they currently do it, the problem is morons who just buy the tickets with no appreciation for the music but see it as a good day on the drink.

I decide well before the bands are announced whether I want to go that year or not, get my tickets and if the lineup doesn't interest me, I sell it to some desperate idiot on ebay. You're always going to get your money back, and then some if you want to.

Announcing the full lineup from the get go also plays straight into scalpers hands as fans are desperate for tickets from day one.

Latest posts