What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

sandshark

Bench
I can't see Bird staying with us at centre, he seems the type of person who wants to have his hands on everything and he knows he will only get that in a spine position at another club.
Shame really, would love him at half but he needs to up his skillset if he wants to be a playmaker.
Reynolds is a big cause for concern, really can't trust that bloke with tying a shoelace. Moments of brilliance squashed by his arrogance and brainsnaps.

jak

Bench
The same way the Goons offered Ben Hunt 1.2 per season. Neither club has two pennies to rub together but the Nrl grants are going to cover about 130% of the salary cap next year. Problem is these desperate clubs are inflating the player market prices with deals such as Pongia...Hunt and offers for Bird and others.
n.r.l carried sharks for years.

cb4

First Grade
Milford wants $900k
Bird wants $900k

Put into perspective, Jack is not on Milfords level.
Elite players should be on the $900k to Million basis.
Jack isn't elite.

I am happy for him to take the money and run to Parra or Newcastle, the opening rounds to me have suggested he is anything but an elite player.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Milford wants $900k
Bird wants $900k

Put into perspective, Jack is not on Milfords level.
Elite players should be on the $900k to Million basis.
Jack isn't elite.

I am happy for him to take the money and run to Parra or Newcastle, the opening rounds to me have suggested he is anything but an elite player.
While I'd like Bird to stay he's neither a fullback or a five-eighth ....Doesn't matter that he wants to be a spine player imo. Can't see him staying at the Sharks if he can jag close to a mill and have his ego stoked at the same time.

southland

Juniors
Bird would go well at Parra I reckon. Pairing with Norman and playing under Arthur both big positives... Gutherson is going pretty good at 5/8 tho...

bubs

Juniors
Wade Graham's contract talks have stalled too apparently. :-(
Where's the dislike button here.

sandshark

Bench
Wade Graham's contract talks have stalled too apparently. :-(
Where's the dislike button here.
that's no good.
hoping both parties treat this with reason. feel like Graham is stepping up over the past season and would hate to see him somewhere else.

Latest posts