What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

betcats

Referee
I think the form of these 3 this year just proves its silly to make these big calls on young guys. Austin started slowly but seems to be finding his form again, Milford set the world on fire early in the year and now he sucks and Moses is looking pretty good atm. All 3 still have a long way to go before they are at their peaks imo.

The banter has been pretty good though especially since Milford went to shit, it was getting a bit predictable watching Bobby clutch at straws when Milf was killing it and Austin wasn't earlier, if his poor form continues id like to see Bobby and Co. really lay the boot in because f**k the broncos.

betcats

Referee
Ok, so I just saw the news and i now know that Mr. Angry was referring to Bird, so apologies for that.

Yeah, it's a pretty dumb selection tbh. He's got good utility value, but he is not a 5/8 by any stretch of the imagination.

He wont play scared though which puts him above most NSW halves imo.

TheFrog

Coach
Austin looks a bit like 60's-70's glam singer Roy Wood, just not quite as hairy and without the paint.

Danoz Direct

Juniors
Well, well, well. So we overtake Milford's Broncos on the ladder as a direct result of Blake Austin's outstanding play yesterday.

First he sparks our comeback with a typical barnstorming Austin solo try. Later with the clock winding down, he slots a field goal to get us the lead for the first time in the game. His 2nd clutch kick of the season (remember his pinpoint bomb for Rapana to tie the game vs the Panthers?). A play which looked to win the match. But we all know how this sport goes.

So then he has to re-win the game for us. Even his dud field goal attempts turn into match winning plays. What a player.

And on top of all that, he gives a poor, freezing, little disabled girl a ride to the game. What a human being.

...as opposed to Milford who gets kicked out of Origin camp for drinking on the job.

Anyone can do that against the Knights.

I think the form of these 3 this year just proves its silly to make these big calls on young guys. Austin started slowly but seems to be finding his form again, Milford set the world on fire early in the year and now he sucks and Moses is looking pretty good atm. All 3 still have a long way to go before they are at their peaks imo.

The banter has been pretty good though especially since Milford went to shit, it was getting a bit predictable watching Bobby clutch at straws when Milf was killing it and Austin wasn't earlier, if his poor form continues id like to see Bobby and Co. really lay the boot in because f**k the broncos.

You've got to remember that Austin injured his knee in the first game of the season, then returned too early and picked up a hamstring injury. You could visibly see he wasn't 100% after his 2nd return as well. He now looks to be over the leg problems.

As for the latter, you don't have to worry about that.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Moses is the more complete 5/8, potentially.

I don't know what's happened to Milford.

He's been more Laloa Milford than Anthony Milford the past two months.