What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson

Saintsified

Bench
To be honest, I am of the belief that if you pay for your crime you deserve a second chance but we need to weigh up his on field impact with the potential for causing off field drama. I think the risk is too great and we aren't as desperate as we were a few years ago.
And that's fair enough, not saying we should or shouldn't sign him but I wouldn't be smashing him if for his past if we did sign him. Plenty of players in the league did far worse and are still there.

ouryear

Juniors
This might come as a shock to you but it's possible to have mongrel and not be a dickhead

Yes it is possible
Most people are not dickheads.

But he is young, he made a bad error, yes, punish him .......but move on.

If it happens again....punish him more severely.

But don't keep raising it when he hasnt reoffended.

Otherwise... people may just start talking about everyone.....for some reason or other.

Let's trust he has learnt his lesson.

Brutalitops

Juniors
We had good results with Dugan and Packer. Give him a 12 month contract with heavy emphasis on keeping out of trouble or he is out the door.
This is how I feel.

Look I think Blake Ferguson has been a f**kwit in the past. But as far as I know, his act has improved a hell of a lot in the last year or two, particularly this year. He's got a family now and has settled down which possibly kicked a boot up his ass.

And spare me the non-story of he and Dugan's pub visit 5 days before Origin.

Life's Good

Coach
Putting aside Fergos character(not a good one in my eyes)if it wasn’t for SKD getting the boot the Roosters would not have resigned him. The Roosters know Ferguson is on the slide & is another incident waiting to happen.
Why the hell there are posters wanting him at our club is beyond me. His best days are past him.

BennyV

Referee
He's an ok player in the body of a good player. We dont have the set up for him to actually be a good player and we wont have anything close to that set up for another 2 years. Plus, the whole 'human garbage'

Next rumour please mickey.

Walpole

Juniors
People want him because we don't have him. Imagine the same critical eye being passed over Ferguson that is passed over better players and far better humans in here. There'd be a 500 post thread on what a waste of oxygen he is if he was a Dragon.

Redhoopz

Juniors
People want him because we don't have him. Imagine the same critical eye being passed over Ferguson that is passed over better players and far better humans in here. There'd be a 500 post thread on what a waste of oxygen he is if he was a Dragon.

It's the going trend in this place....the moment there's a whisper of a player being unsettled at another club, or spotted in the gong, or if a contract is almost up. You can expect a new thread and the standard "does anyone rate him" or "we should sign him" followed by the youtube highlights from 5 years ago!!

Imagine if this forum was in control of player recruitment and retention....

KiamaSaint

Coach
In fairness to those on here keen to sign him, it is an area we have been lacking. We did try to sign Jennings and Jimmy the jet.

In terms of why let Dugan go and sign Fergo, I can only imagine he would be cheaper with the Roosters folking out some of the cash. He also can play centre, wing and fullback at a pinch.

Still, I don't think it is worth the risk. I like the look at our squad in terms of culture.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I would cry in my weetbix should this occur, not a fan of the Dugan signing. Even though is probably better than our current centres.
Fortunately I think Fergo burnt that bridge when he left.
I agree with Tru Saint mate......I think he will turn out be a great acquisition to you guys.....personally Im really disappointed he left us and imo will be sorely missed

Life's Good

Coach
It's the going trend in this place....the moment there's a whisper of a player being unsettled at another club, or spotted in the gong, or if a contract is almost up. You can expect a new thread and the standard "does anyone rate him" or "we should sign him" followed by the youtube highlights from 5 years ago!!

Imagine if this forum was in control of player recruitment and retention....
Ain’t that the truth. Let’s add if the player isn’t signed(the ones we aren’t speaking to nor have any intention of signing)there are those calling for the head of Millward!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Personaly Im not real sure if we would need a player like Ferguson....at times theres a lot of errors in his game and hes very hypo active but on the other hand we have McDonald whose very under active most times...as Ive stated before we need some new faces in our backline but not sure if Fergies the answer

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Putting aside Fergos character(not a good one in my eyes)if it wasn’t for SKD getting the boot the Roosters would not have resigned him. The Roosters know Ferguson is on the slide & is another incident waiting to happen.
Why the hell there are posters wanting him at our club is beyond me. His best days are past him.

Exactly.
Forget his past.
As a footballer.
I would say what we have already is a good or better.
I can't see how he would improve our team.
As it stands now we would have to offload a player out of our top 30 for him to come in.
So no thanks

Last edited:

Qdf

Juniors
Agree Sammy and Tru.
Duges has done some dumb shit not criminal shit.
Always did his best, was often our best and threw games wide open in attack we just didn’t have the game or players to make the most of his efforts. In defence he was very good.
Good luck to the bloke, just hope he doesn’t rip us apart, run around Nighty or run over the top of Dufty.
Run around Nightingale,how true...
&Duges isn't real fast himself..

ouryear

Juniors
Saintsified, with all due respect what Fergo did was inexcusable. All men need to stand up and say treating women that way is unacceptable, regardless of how the woman in question behaved. Fergo's behaviour was not acceptable in anyway. It was unacceptable in the sixties when it was swept under the carpet and it is unacceptable now.
Yes it is unacceptable......but then what.

Cop the punishment, seek help, and vow it will never happen again.

Then move on.

Or have to listen to dooms dayers 4 ever
and a day?

The righteous who claim they are perfect make me steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qdf

JDHD

Juniors
Personaly Im not real sure if we would need a player like Ferguson....at times theres a lot of errors in his game and hes very hypo active but on the other hand we have McDonald whose very under active most times...as Ive stated before we need some new faces in our backline but not sure if Fergies the answer

Leaving aside Ferguson's off field conduct and focusing purely on his onfield performances, he's a defensive liability with dick fingers to rival Edrick Lee. He has a tendency to put things in the too hard basket (ie the entirety of 2016) and has no problem with spraying his inside man when they concede a try on his edge.

Cutting Nene for Ferguson is at best a sideways move and doesn't make sense when you consider we have Garrick, Lomax, Marsters and Sailor coming through.