What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boring boring boring

betcats

Referee
So besides being cheating scum, another of this storms sides legacy is making RL boring as f**k with their wrestling tactics, maybe not the first to do it but they ramped it up.

HowHigh

Coach
Honestly, there are a few ways to improve it (I do want them trialled towards the end of the season though)

1. You kick it for a try, you DON'T get a conversion. You have already taken the easy option to kick, you don't get a conversion.

2. If you run it in for a try, the conversion is taken from between the posts (regardless of where the try is scored)
Don't like that one, I'm sure a lot of people enjoy watching players like Thurson curl one in from the sideline

Suppose the first one could work but the only thing I'd change is bring back the shoulder charge and get rid of this pussy tackled while in the air rule...only give a penalty if the contact warrants it

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Maybe the answer is if a bomb is caught by the defending player, they first get a free play so if the team can do something there they can chance their arm. And if it doesn't come off or they get tackled they can start their set of 6 from where the attacking team kicked the bomb.

So we'd get no more of these nothing bombs from 40 out.

Too often these days you can at times basically predict the next 10 minutes of the game barring a knock on or penalty, or in other words unless someone makes a mistake nothing different happens for large stretches of the game. The primary causes of this are A) wrestling and B) teams not being exciting enough in attack.

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Maybe the answer is if a bomb is caught by the defending player, they first get a free play so if the team can do something there they can chance their arm. And if it doesn't come off or they get tackled they can start their set of 6 from where the attacking team kicked the bomb.

So we'd get no more of these nothing bombs from 40 out.

For a while now I have thought that the rule should be that if a defender catches a ball kicked from outside the 20/30 (not sure where) and caught inside the 10, then they have the option of a free kick. They can elect to play on or stand their ground and wait for their teammates to come back on side. The 40m out bomb and hope would disappear.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Dead set every few months on here there's someone sooking about how boring this year's comp is, and surprise surprise it's always a fan of a team playing like shit.

Quick better change the rules :lol: morons.

betcats

Referee
Dead set every few months on here there's someone sooking about how boring this year's comp is, and surprise surprise it's always a fan of a team playing like shit.

This is hardly the first year my team has played shit, my team is usually shit tbh but even in wooden spoon seasons i've never found RL this boring.

super_coach

First Grade

Not so, I have no doubt that the top five teams would be at the top of the comp no matter what rules were in place because they are quality teams.I just want to see rules in play that encourage other 5th tackle options and discourage the oz lotto bomb and even the grubber kick.

I would reward any try scored from a kick 2points and the conversion 1 and any Bomb defused gets the same result as one defused in the in goal area

Jason Maher

Immortal
The answer is some team will figure out a new way of playing that will triumph over the wrestling bullshit and safety-first play. Rugby league always has been and always will be a continually evolving sport.

Aragorn

First Grade
the comp has been dry and dull as f**k this year.

Thank god for my Warriors and SBW.

Joely01

Bench
The comp has just lacked that X factor this year.

And I blame the games admins, they need to stop trying to appeal to the mothers or the person not interested in the game and keep the fans we have now. Rugby league is a tough physical game and its things like the shoulder charge and a bit off biff that makes this game so great.

The problem we have is people at the top destroying what we the fans love about the game. There was two times in the knights roosters game on the weekend where they were about to come to blows but instead, because of this stupid rule. They all stand there holding each other.

The shoulder charge needs to come back, make te rule clear that as soon as you make contact with the head it's an automatic 5 week suspension.

The finall thing I find is giving this season a little less feeling is the refs, they are diabolical. The worst reffing display ever.

Spot On

Coach
I didn't think you could possibly surprise me with anything more stupid than I have seen you post in here before.

I was wrong.

:lol:

It comes so naturally for him too. Is it a good thing society is so accepting of these types. Or has political correctness now gone too far?:shock:

Aragorn

First Grade
yeah, the shoulder charge needs to come back, and so does the biff.

what next ? mandatory head gear?