What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Bad

Btw, if you get a chance to watch the Talking Bad talk show series that came after each of the final 8 episodes its well worth a look.

Some great interviews and some interesting guests.

Danish

Referee
I can't think of a better finale to a show. Honestly I can't even think of anything that comes close.

Yes some people may say why didn't they check the boot, but lets not forget the entire time that Walt was there, they thought they were in complete control. They assumed Walt was desperate, and whatsmore when they saw him cry for Hank they thought he was weak. Their only worry was perhaps he'd rat them out, never that he'd attempt to kill them. They were amateur gangland trash and got their just desserts in the end.

Jesse choking out Todd was also bloody brilliant, and Lydia copping the ricin was perfect. Having to contemplate her own death for hours after threatening Walt's baby daughter was a fitting end for her.

I honestly don't know how any show is going to top Breaking Bad. From the first to last episode everything was just so well scripted and thought out. Not once in the whole series did I stop and think they are just making this up as they go along, or that they'd lost track of who the characters were. All the characters were completely broken by the last season, but they were all still themselves.

Just a great show. Think I'll start watching again from the start just to absorb it all again

Storm13

Juniors
I can't think of a better finale to a show. Honestly I can't even think of anything that comes close.

Yes some people may say why didn't they check the boot, but lets not forget the entire time that Walt was there, they thought they were in complete control. They assumed Walt was desperate, and whatsmore when they saw him cry for Hank they thought he was weak. Their only worry was perhaps he'd rat them out, never that he'd attempt to kill them. They were amateur gangland trash and got their just desserts in the end.

Jesse choking out Todd was also bloody brilliant, and Lydia copping the ricin was perfect. Having to contemplate her own death for hours after threatening Walt's baby daughter was a fitting end for her.

I honestly don't know how any show is going to top Breaking Bad. From the first to last episode everything was just so well scripted and thought out. Not once in the whole series did I stop and think they are just making this up as they go along, or that they'd lost track of who the characters were. All the characters were completely broken by the last season, but they were all still themselves.

Just a great show. Think I'll start watching again from the start just to absorb it all again

Agree 100%

Did anyone else think of Princess Leia chocking Jabba the Hutt when Jesse did the same to Todd?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
"Breaking Bad" ended at episode 62. If you look at the periodic table, element 62 is Samarium. Samarium (153 Sm) lexidronam is an injection given to treat pain in cancer patients.

There was a few things like that. Episode was called Felina

Fe - Li - Na

Iron - Lithium - Sodium

Blood - Meth - Tears

Anagram of Finale

Felina is also a character in the song El Paso by Marty Robbins.The narrator of the song dies because of his love for her.

The method Walt used for pretty much the entire series wouldn't have used lithium in the process. Remember Walt barely ever cooked with pseudo.

Interestingly the process where lithium is most commonly used is called nazi meth. Obviously the nazis in the show werent using lithium either mind. So just a happy coincidence I suspect. I could be wrong though.

Also there is salt in blood.

I think its pretty obviously connected to the song though. Walt dies in his lovers arms (ie the meth lab)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Great show.

Really.

I have watched them all, little miss angry, watched them all with her, her idea.

I like that it taught her some chemistry.

I am not allowed to become Walter.....

Breaking Bad is tempting.

some11

Referee
Watched the first episode back in 2008 knowing this show was something else.

Gonna enjoy re-watching it for years to come :D

RedVDave

First Grade
Great series enjoyed it from beginning to end! Can anyone else confirm they are doing a Saul Goodman spin-off show?

Ghoulies

Bench
That's a yes to 'Better Call Saul'.

I'm sure it'll be a fine show, so long as Gilligan is involved, but it's hard to imagine anything replacing Breaking Bad in terms of pure excitement and quality in the near future.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Seriously big ups to everyone who made this show, it was like sex for my eyes it was that f**king good! I hope the Breaking Bad crew team up again on another project.

BDR

First Grade
That's a yes to 'Better Call Saul'.

I'm sure it'll be a fine show, so long as Gilligan is involved, but it's hard to imagine anything replacing Breaking Bad in terms of pure excitement and quality in the near future.

I think it's going to be a comedy, which I'm sure will be a great vehicle for Odenkirk (and if they stick around, Burr and Lavell Crawford) but it's not going to be the epic drama that BB was. Still excited for it though.

Mader45

Juniors
Got to feel sorry for Vince Gilligan though. Everything he does in life from now on, from his next script to taking a dump, will be compared to this masterpiece of story telling. Sometimes things just come together perfectly. Producers, actors, writers, fans, timing. I love movies more than t.v. but this guy wrote a 63 hour long movie that you never wanted to end. Hollywood cant even write a 90 minute movie nowadays.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Brilliant show! We are all sad it's over. I just wish those prop guys hid Walts book a bit better in that dunny, so Hank couldn't find it. Might have got a few more series out of it :)

Joker's Wild

Coach
I was a bit disappointed at first.

Then I realised - there have been happy endings. Skyler, the kids and Jesse get to have normal lives. That's the end.

And I'm gutted it's over.

Not sure about that

1. After all that has happened I doubt he could ever "normal" again

2. His finger prints would be all over that lab gear. Unless he goes to the vacuum guy, Jesse is in deep shit

Danish

Referee
Not sure about that

2. His finger prints would be all over that lab gear. Unless he goes to the vacuum guy, Jesse is in deep shit

I think Walt dying in the lab while holding the gas mask was supposed to infer that he was deliberately taking the credit for being the cook at that lab. The cops would come in, see him dead in the room, a nice chunky hand print in blood on the equipment, and just figure they'd got their man.

The fact that skinny pete and badger also mentioned earlier in the episode that they assumed that the blue meth meant he was still cooking to me also points to the police probably making the same assumption, pointing again to not a whole lot of investigation being done to see if there was another cook involved.

He'd certainly be one broken individual though, that much is certain.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The cops would not assume that Walt was alone, not any worth their salt as investigators any way. Breaking the equipment down and pulling prints off would be standard op for a crime scene that large. Given the dead bodies of the Arian boys in the house, they'd want to make sure that none of them had gotten away.

Its my only nit pick with the show tbh which is pretty minor really. Still..

Not sure about that

To counter the finger prints there is also evidence someone was being held against their will to cook.

There's also the tape out there somewhere that shows jesse was working in good faith with two federal agents to bring down walt. That would get him credit with prosecutors despite their being no formal agreement.

Danish

Referee
The cops would not assume that Walt was alone, not any worth their salt as investigators any way. Breaking the equipment down and pulling prints off would be standard op for a crime scene that large. Given the dead bodies of the Arian boys in the house, they'd want to make sure that none of them had gotten away.

Its my only nit pick with the show tbh which is pretty minor really. Still..

True, but what odds those morons kept the DVD of Jesse's bawling confession? They weren't exactly smart operators throughout the show - more just very proficient thugs - so wouldn't be surprised if that was lying around somewhere.

The show does ask for some fairly substantial leaps of faith from time to time (e.g the machine gun taking out absolutely everyone in a split second), so I just choose not to read too far into it :)

Latest posts