What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Kimmorely

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Your point is similar to my thinking max but I disagree.
If you take last year as an example & consider everyone elses opinion on half backs correct( & mine wrong) then we don't need a half.
We need a 5/8.
As many will tell you here, both last years GF half backs are terrible players.
NZ came third with a severely damaged half back.
Canberra rotates their half backs.
Pretty much leaves only the knights & Melbourne with the one man band type set up the Sharks are achieving.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If you look at our Sharkies in the pre Kimmorley days we'd of been hard pushed winning a chook raffle after buying all the tickets with The Peach out. Were we a one man band then?
Well, frustratingly yes - talked more than I thought some thing I still do not understand but accept, we used to lose without him.
now we are a team with no halfback and the situation is unresolvable. Oh wait. Let's get another halfback. Problem solved.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Is that what happened this year? You should ring Coach Hagan and inform him - he cannot seem to find one.
Seriously - I rate your half in the top 5 players ever, you just go ahead and simply replace him. :?
Are we to be the next Newcastle - a one man band?
It was rhetorical - we are already. My bad with the question mark.
Your allowed to take it out of context, I do it too.
A team that has played with a half like Johns or Kimmorley - dominate ball carrier, orginizer and kicker - has HUGE problems when they are injured . Your premierships hopes are totally reliant on them being there. It may be over-used but cannot be disputed.
Next year
Newcastle will not win the premiership without Johns.
Cronulla will not win the premiership without Kimmorley.
That is the gamble you take - as Punk says you can get a premiership if they are there. They do not do it on thier own, but the other 12 cannot do it without them.
The same can be said for most as Frenzy said.

Foz

Bench
Scott Hill and Mark Geyer went ok playing 5/8 outside Kimmorley. Even Ben Walker had one good year outside him. Matt Johns was ok too.

Twizzle said:
Kimmorley would cop a lot less crap if Chris anderson was not the Aussie coach.

He got the job thanks to Chris Anderson, but now that he has been given the chance, he is by far our best player.

Shame he cant produce that from in club games.

Who are you?
What sport have you been watching?
I recommend you review the two games the Sharks played against Newcastle this year and you'll see that Kimmorley put it over Johns on both occasions.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hill & Geyer(4 matches) went well because there was a huge bloke on the field calling the shots, that nobody argued with.
Ben Walker was one of the only ones to gave decent go for the Eagles. Very good player & might I say, still on the market.

blacktip-reefy said:
Hill & Geyer(4 matches) went well because there was a huge bloke on the field calling the shots, that nobody argued with.
REEFY AND LAZZO
SITTING IN A TREE
K I S S I N G
FIRST COMES LOVE
THEN COMES MARRIAGE
THEN COMES A LITTLE BABY
SITTING IN A CARRIAGE

Ben Walker was one of the only ones to gave decent go for the Eagles. Very good player & might I say, still on the market.
Will also miss a lot of the season due to a gammy knee and may never have the same pace (or lack thereof) ever again.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I don't think anything little would come out of anything with a Lazzo combination.
:lol: :lol:

Where TF did ya drag that one from? :lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The guy is the worst commentator in the world.
His people skills(when he is cranky) are awful.
But when guy who has won 6 premierships at 3 different clubs tells me how it is done & what happened during, I don't question.

Jimbo

Immortal
Kimmorley is a genius.
Anderson is our best chance of a Premiership.
Vagana for 5/8.
Lazarus is a sook.
Reefy is a wanker.
ShireShark is a funny merkin.
That is all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reefy, with all this talk about Lazzo being a hard man who everyone listens to, is that your confession?

That you're the bitch and he's the butch?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Jimbo said:
Kimmorley is a genius.
Anderson is our best chance of a Premiership.
Vagana for 5/8.
Lazarus is a sook.
Reefy is a wanker.
ShireShark is a funny merkin.
That is all.
It's must be hard with that IQ Jimbo to say anything without personal insults. Whats that, 4 this week directed at me?
& once again you sprout your football (lack of) knowledge.
Lazarus is a sook. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You went a bit tame on him.
whats up scared he might match the face to the comments?
Don't worry to much, he's seen the face & thinks you are already going through enough torture.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cry on about Ando getting sacked.

millersnose

Post Whore
seriously though what more does kimmorley have to do?

grand final - check

winning grand final - check

award for best player in grand final - check

world club challenge win - check

award for best player on world club championship - check

test selection - check

man of match awards in numerous tests - check

played dominantly against andrew johns on numerous occasions - check

point scoring record for the sharks - check

best player in 1 year for the sharks - check

top 3 in dally m selection - check

show character by playing on injured with broken jaw - check

yeah - what a crap player
:lol:

millersnose

Post Whore
ShireShark said:
millsy

not be so aligned to chris anderson - unchecked

and that's not my criteria

you see SS i dont see that as such a bad thing

a player who shows support and loyalty for his club and national coach is not a poor quality

i remember similair sentiments a few years ago when fulton regurlarly opted for des hasler (another fine player)

after a while though people recognised haslers talents

i dont remember manly fans themselves bagging him though

and lets face it kimmorleys achievements are every bit as good as haslers

I've personally never had any doubts about Kimmorley's ability and I must admit that it is a little disappointing to continually read negative comments about the guy. Surely the Preston Campbell faction has whined long enough and it is time to get on with life? Some people here are starting to sound like my mother in-law, divorced 15 odd years ago and still all bitter and twisted.

Andrew Johns said after the 2nd Test that he was head and shoulders above the rest of the players on the field and that should be enough of a commendation for anyone.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well now let's go through those.

Winning Grand Final? prestons done that now in a more even competition.
big deal.

CC medal? If there was not a more deserving player ever of the CC than T in that GF, well, I am Millersnose. Another league injustice.

World club challenge win? Ok throw a few pommes in as well.

Test slection? Fulton wanted hasler & blake at half instead of Sterling. Luckily the coach had less powers then.

MOTM awards in tests?Well he rarely lets anyone else get involved inthe match, how can they compete? They are only there do do his tackles.

Played dominantly against johns? everyone has.

Point scoring record? Well as general play kicker(for himself), chief hog, goal kicker, field goal kicker & allround self appointed mr"I control everything", he should be.

Best player for the sharks?????? Not even close!!!

Dally m? it is always about the half backs.

Character? Yeah it's a sign of toughness alright. Like my young bloke who was in under 11's who tried playing on thinking he had a tooth knocked out. Xrays later revealed his jaw & gum was split in two. Teeth were all there. Like Sattler said, you don't run on your Jaw.

Latest posts