What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back The Daytime Grand Final!!

What time would you prefer the NRL Grand Final to Kickoff

• 3:00pm

• 5:00pm

• 7:30pm

Results are only viewable after voting.

YoHadrian

Juniors
People should be so inebriated or otherwise that the weather doesn't matter. This is rugby league after all.

horrie hastings

First Grade
If you’re uncomfortable sitting in the sun with a footy jersey on, wouldn’t you just take it off?

Sydney October heat is too hot in the day time? I’ve heard it all.

And be bare chested, lol. I suppose you could wear a t shirt and put the jersey on at night. This lady is very heat sensitive though and I reckon she would faint if the temps gets above 23c :eek:

horrie hastings

First Grade
The summer of cricket, i'm sure ive heard of it.

Anyways, the cricket crowds sit there all day long in the heat, a league game is what 2 hours?

If you sit there for the lower grades[ or whatever they play now] it is a lot longer than 2hrs. I used to love watching the under 23's[ ive aged myself there], reserves then the 1sts, the way its set up now with games of no interest before hand I wouldn't get to the Grand Final before 5pm.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah they play heaps earlier but.

Jets kickoff is 1:35

Womens is the curtain raiser (lol) at 4pm

And then you have to wait until 730 (prob) 8 for the kickoff

Stupid NRL

Yep, stupid NRL, will probably watch the Jets at home or up at the Botany View Hotel seeing its 1.35pm.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The summer of cricket, i'm sure ive heard of it.

Anyways, the cricket crowds sit there all day long in the heat, a league game is what 2 hours?

Believe me to I know about sitting in the heat at the cricket, think it was back in 1981 with Australia playing the West Indies, 3 days in the sun and wearing fairly opened Hawaiian shirts I still have the scar on my chest wear I got sunburnt and blistered.

AJB1102

First Grade
Yeah they play heaps earlier but.

Jets kickoff is 1:35

Womens is the curtain raiser (lol) at 4pm

And then you have to wait until 730 (prob) 8 for the kickoff

Stupid NRL

And not being able to leave and come back. If you go to the Jets game you've committed to spending like 9 hours at ANZ. f**k that.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Lol, not that it has anything to do with the Grand Final kick off times but my better half just got back from the doctors and has a bad stomach bug so is on powerful antibiotics as of now for a week and has been advised no alcohol for the week so it looks like I will have to have all the celebration or commiseration drinks for our house hold. Off to Singapore Friday next week so I suppose doctors orders should be followed this time.