What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back The Daytime Grand Final!!

What time would you prefer the NRL Grand Final to Kickoff

• 3:00pm

• 5:00pm

• 7:30pm

Results are only viewable after voting.

AJB1102

First Grade
Lol, not that it has anything to do with the Grand Final kick off times but my better half just got back from the doctors and has a bad stomach bug so is on powerful antibiotics as of now for a week and has been advised no alcohol for the week so it looks like I will have to have all the celebration or commiseration drinks for our house hold. Off to Singapore Friday next week so I suppose doctors orders should be followed this time.

You've got yourself a diagnosed designated driver for the GF your team is in. Cheerin!

horrie hastings

First Grade
You've got yourself a diagnosed designated driver for the GF your team is in. Cheerin!

Funny , I have a Groupon voucher for prawns, oysters and wine at a Darling Harbour and was going to book it for Saturday night to get the weekend off to a good start but have to put that on the back burner now, either that or I just consume al the alcohol myself hmmmm. No I'm not that horrible.

AJB1102

First Grade
Funny , I have a Groupon voucher for prawns, oysters and wine at a Darling Harbour and was going to book it for Saturday night to get the weekend off to a good start but have to put that on the back burner now, either that or I just consume al the alcohol myself hmmmm. No I'm not that horrible.

"In sickness and in health" - what sort of weak man wouldn't pick up and guzzle from the chalice when their woman was in need?

ReddFelon

Juniors
Hold up, why is the State Championship being held at midday? Last year it was just before the actual final.

horrie hastings

First Grade
"In sickness and in health" - what sort of weak man wouldn't pick up and guzzle from the chalice when their woman was in need?

That is why I put the hmmmm and then said no I'm not that horrible, there is no way I would do that, just glad I didn't book it for the Saturday now though, just have to do it when we are back from Singapore.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Hold up, why is the State Championship being held at midday? Last year it was just before the actual final.

Because they have the women's match on later this year, I remember watching a bit of the women's game while I was having paella and a beer at the Botany View before heading out to the game last year, watched the second half of the State Championship when I got there. Bloody NRL have stuffed this one up especially with a team like Newtown playing.

GAZF

First Grade
This does not read the way it was intended if you miss the original quoted post...

ReddFelon

Juniors
Because they have the women's match on later this year, I remember watching a bit of the women's game while I was having paella and a beer at the Botany View before heading out to the game last year, watched the second half of the State Championship when I got there. Bloody NRL have stuffed this one up especially with a team like Newtown playing.

That's very dumb. I caught the end of the Bulldogs/Redcliffe game last year too. If I was in Sydney this year I'd have gone for the entire Newtown/Burleigh game. 2 team with big followings.

SBD82

Coach
As a Roosters fan this issue basically affects me every year so I think my opinion should carry more weight than, say, an Eels or Dragons fan.

And I say bring back the day time GF.
If you’re going to be a jerk about it, you can just reminisce by re-watching the last daylight grand final that the roosters appeared in.