What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back The Daytime Grand Final!!

What time would you prefer the NRL Grand Final to Kickoff

• 3:00pm

• 5:00pm

• 7:30pm

Results are only viewable after voting.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Happy middle ground 6pm or 6:30pm, young kids can still be up to watch it and Tv catches the just got in from the beach crowd.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Even though I would love to go back to the 3pm kick off, now that the Grand Final is played on the October long weekend , the Sundays have been hot [2013 and 2018 were] and its predicted to be 28-30c again this Sunday so unfortunately 7pm is the perfect time weather wise.

firechild

First Grade
Last time the Warriors made the GF it was a twighlight game. I wonder if the NRL would consider moving it if NZ was playing again? It's a bit rough expecting the fans of one team to watch the game at 9:30pm. We know the NRL have no interest in growing the game so I guess we should just accept that what we get.

MilkShark

First Grade
Even though I would love to go back to the 3pm kick off, now that the Grand Final is played on the October long weekend , the Sundays have been hot [2013 and 2018 were] and its predicted to be 28-30c again this Sunday so unfortunately 7pm is the perfect time weather wise.
Assuming you're looking at this from a players point of view.

Make them play in the heat, bring back attrition.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Assuming you're looking at this from a players point of view.

Make them play in the heat, bring back attrition.

No as a spectators point of view, sitting there in the sun wearing a football jersey just isn't comfortable, one of the ladies who I sat with in 2013 ended up visiting the medical centre there suffering from heat stroke, I didn't get out there till about 4.30- 5pm so missed most of the heat

Perth Red

Post Whore
Last time the Warriors made the GF it was a twighlight game. I wonder if the NRL would consider moving it if NZ was playing again? It's a bit rough expecting the fans of one team to watch the game at 9:30pm. We know the NRL have no interest in growing the game so I guess we should just accept that what we get.

You're making an assumption the NRL has any say! If they cant even control regular season fixtures to maximize fan benefit there is Buckley's of the GF not being governed by TV.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Yeah 5pm local time would probably be the ideal time for kick off as the sun is just about gone from the ground and it gives viewers in NZ an ideal time for watching the game.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
You're making an assumption the NRL has any say! If they cant even control regular season fixtures to maximize fan benefit there is Buckley's of the GF not being governed by TV.
The NRL has as much control as they want. Unfortunately they sell their control to channel 9. With any new TV deal, they have the ability to choose their own path.

MilkShark

First Grade
No as a spectators point of view, sitting there in the sun wearing a football jersey just isn't comfortable, one of the ladies who I sat with in 2013 ended up visiting the medical centre there suffering from heat stroke, I didn't get out there till about 4.30- 5pm so missed most of the heat
Understandable, AFL does it though.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Now that my team isn't in it, I'm hating the 7.30pm kick off even more. Would be great to hit the pub for a 5pm kick off

And also for spectators at the game also, game finishing around 7.30 ish gives them a chance to go out and have a celebrity drink afterwards . When the game finishes after 9pm and you head back towards to the city there is bugger all finding a lot of places open on a Sunday.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Understandable, AFL does it though.

and the Rugby League use to also. I went to the AFL Grand Final back in 2012 though and had about 3 layers of clothes on, it was 4 seasons in one day then. It just seem overall since the Rugby League Grand Final has been played on the October long weekend there has been some stinkers of days heat wise.

MilkShark

First Grade
and the Rugby League use to also. I went to the AFL Grand Final back in 2012 though and had about 3 layers of clothes on, it was 4 seasons in one day then. It just seem overall since the Rugby League Grand Final has been played on the October long weekend there has been some stinkers of days heat wise.
Don't they play cricket in the sun?

no name

Coach
If you’re uncomfortable sitting in the sun with a footy jersey on, wouldn’t you just take it off?

Sydney October heat is too hot in the day time? I’ve heard it all.

MilkShark

First Grade
Not always, there are day nighters matches and the big bash[although can you really call that cricket ?] is played at night.
The summer of cricket, i'm sure ive heard of it.

Anyways, the cricket crowds sit there all day long in the heat, a league game is what 2 hours?