What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Capital

Juniors
Yes Benji was the wrong choice, we needed to buy a top grade halfback. Now we have Hunt in 2018, we need a top grad five-eighth. An inexperienced talented junior, not quite ready for first grade just won't do the job.

We have Widdop and Mann within our squad both experienced first graders but in my opinion, not quite the perfect partner for Hunt.
Mann should get a chance. Can he kick?

SBD82

Coach
A few days ago I got bored with this forum (*cough* jack bird *cough*) so I decided to go and have a little wander through the other teams (I may or may not have started rumours in the cronulla and souths forums that josh Reynolds was coming to their clubs but they didn't take off super well. Some of them were actually pleased at the prospect).

Started a thread in the souths forum thanking them for McInnes. Some of the guys in there rate him highly but it seems most of them are glad to see the back of him. I can't believe some of the stuff they're saying.

I think he has been great for us. And He goes about his work professionally. Everything he does looks so calm and collected, I just can't see his form dropping off.

Hopefully he maintains his form, both for the dragons sake and so that I don't have a whole bunch of egg on my face in that thread.

ALSGI

Bench
A few days ago I got bored with this forum (*cough* jack bird *cough*) so I decided to go and have a little wander through the other teams (I may or may not have started rumours in the cronulla and souths forums that josh Reynolds was coming to their clubs but they didn't take off super well. Some of them were actually pleased at the prospect).

Started a thread in the souths forum thanking them for McInnes. Some of the guys in there rate him highly but it seems most of them are glad to see the back of him. I can't believe some of the stuff they're saying.

I think he has been great for us. And He goes about his work professionally. Everything he does looks so calm and collected, I just can't see his form dropping off.

Hopefully he maintains his form, both for the dragons sake and so that I don't have a whole bunch of egg on my face in that thread.
Love your work SDB82 !

BringTheNoise

Juniors

It's all about perspective. If they'd spent 3 seasons with Rein as their first choice hooker they probably would have appreciated McInnes as much as we do.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
It's all about perspective. If they'd spent 3 seasons with Rein as their first choice hooker they would probably would have appreciated McInnes as much as we do.
If you ask the players from Souths they're spewing that he's left the club especially REYNOLDS who said that Mciness had the best service from dummy half..

A hooker is a player that knows how to keep moving a Team in the right traffic - he's the traffic cop and the odd thief meters eater- Cameron Smith is the king of directing traffic and Mciness is in that Mould.. Souths really wanted Farrah hence Mcinness had to go as Cook was producing the goods last year and couldn't be shifted..

Their loss our gain - the kid will play SOO within next 12 mnths!!

BrissyRedV

Bench

Wow, and I thought we had some really "special" forumers. A couple on there really take the cake...

SBD82

Coach
It's all about perspective. If they'd spent 3 seasons with Rein as their first choice hooker they probably would have appreciated McInnes as much as we do.
Ha. Maybe.

After the inevitable wobbie meltdown they might also change their attitude.

possm

Coach

But do you really think Bird is coming to the Dragons!

Qdf

Juniors
McCiness will play origin in 2018!! Best hooker we have had since f**k knows when!!

Has pedigree as the 2014 Junior Kangaroos Captain, and plays 80 minutes for fun.

He would be one the quickest hooker in the NRL and will probably be the Dally M hooker of the year if our forwards keep going till the end!!

Watch this space.. The kid is a star in the making...Some of the comments on here are absolutely laughable regarding his talent ...

Be thankful u numbskulls!!
He's the best hooker since one IAN WALSH.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Those comments that Rein made about not being able to progress his development/reach his potential at the Dragons is complete bullshit. Look at Mcinnes. It's round 4 and a lot of people already have him in their Origin teams, out of nowhere.
Rein was just awful from the beginning, there was never any "potential" to reach. He was just filthy that he couldn't get a contract upgrade at the Dragons and now as a result of him overestimating himself, he will see out his career in NSW Cup.

Mcinnes has proved a lot of us wrong and i'm so chuffed that he has. What a competitor.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Those comments that Rein made about not being able to progress his development/reach his potential at the Dragons is complete bullshit. Look at Mcinnes. It's round 4 and a lot of people already have him in their Origin teams, out of nowhere.
Rein was just awful from the beginning, there was never any "potential" to reach. He was just filthy that he couldn't get a contract upgrade at the Dragons and now as a result of him overestimating himself, he will see out his career in NSW Cup.

Mcinnes has proved a lot of us wrong and i'm so chuffed that he has. What a competitor.
There is a massive difference between Reins and McInness talent levels with McInness being far superior with a higher ceiling. But I do agree with Rein on this one. Had he had decent coaching, he could've been a much better player then what eventuated. Look at how several of our other players have regressed. Could you imagine how good Frizzell, JDB etc. would be under decent tutelage?

St Tangles

Bench

I think their forwards were rubbish last year and McInnes copped the flack.
Our forwards have been going great and he has time to do his thing.
I have been impressed so far.