What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Candidate for mysterious WT player going to Bronco's in 2012

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Who is this mysterious WT player apparently signed by Bronco's for 2012 onwards? No-one yet knows and the only bit of info 'out there' is that he does not want to have it released yet as it will disrupt West Tigers. What can we read into that?

The obvious candidates from WT NRL roster are Lui, Miller and Tuqiri- all Queenslanders or NSW border originally. (But yes, it can be anyone- even Benji / Farah)

Lui and Tuqiri are signed until end of 2012 but we know nothing of any possible get out clauses they may have in their contracts . Miller I think is also signed till end of 2012 but it may be end of 2011 only. Bearing in mind the information that the player does not want to disrupt WT's season can we read it may be Lui / Tuqiri as established players, rather than Miller? There is a Dunamis Lui in the Bronco's squad, dont know if he is related to our Robert Lui.

Any thoughts? Any other candidates?

jmmyo81

Juniors
i think i can remember reading in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago that it was rumoured to be a back rower but whoever it was didnt want anything announced because they thought it would hurt their chances of making the team if we make the finals this year, of course there is every chance it isnt true because newspapers are usually full of bullshit but yeah thats what i recall reading.

Vicious

Bench
i think i can remember reading in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago that it was rumoured to be a back rower but whoever it was didnt want anything announced because they thought it would hurt their chances of making the team if we make the finals this year, of course there is every chance it isnt true because newspapers are usually full of bullshit but yeah thats what i recall reading.

I can assure you it won`t be a back rower unless we are releasing Gareth Ellis, Simon Dwyer or Ben Murdoch-Masila as the Broncos have no room in their back row and would not even think of accomodating any of our back rowers other than Ellis, Dwyer or Murdoch-Masila.

tumblingdice

Juniors
The rumour thats been going around a bit was always Lui going. Cant imagine LT going...he may be a queenslander, but he has style and class and obviously prefers Sydney for its lifestyle.

With the constant talk about WT halkback position, im sure they both hear it somehow and im sure it would affect them. One of them will just leave for his own mental health thats how demanding and critical and unsupportive we sometimes are, so i couldn't blame Lui if it is him. And with Lockyer leaving, (assuming they are looking for a replacement) and the possibility of the Broncos thinking that he has the ability to somehow take over that coveted position there (not immediately but that he has the potential), why wouldn't he want to get away from the jeers and the spectre of the cursed WT halfback position and the shadows of those who'd rather be in his shoes. This position needs to be sorted.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
If it is Lui, then Sheens should do what Bennett did to Hodges 10 years ago and dump him into NSW Cup and play Miller / Moltzen to plan for the future. Let's face it, Lui has been playing like a busted for the past month and should have a stint playing against weaker competition anyway.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I tend to agree with Tiger Hawk when it comes to players signing with other clubs mid season. It takes courage to dump them but there can be benefits.

The Tigers it would appear are in a rebuilding phase, some necessary and some forced upon us therefore if a player has been signed else where we need to identify their replacement at the first opportunity.

I know the game is played to win the comp and all efforts should be made to win this year but do you perservere with a player like Lui or Moltzen or whoever (I just name them as examples) if they will not be at the team next year. If Lui is the one, should we not get Miller to a first grade level as a matter of urgency? Do we contiunue to build Fifita's skill level in our team (to benefit the Sharks) or do we upskill BMM?

I want my team to do the best possible this year and every year but as much as I hate to say it, if we don't get some huge break in our luck, this season is not one I see us winning the comp. Based on that, can't we get these young guns from the 20's playing at a level they will gain a huge amount from and not throwing them to the wolves at the beginning of a season...blood them while they are not expected to do so great.

I guess I am rambling now but I think you will see my point. I just want what is best for my team, maybe I am wrong and I am sure I'll be told that quite quickly or fairly bluntly by some but maybe there is some merit in what I am saying.

Just love my team...that's all.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I tend to agree with Tiger Hawk when it comes to players signing with other clubs mid season. It takes courage to dump them but there can be benefits.

The Tigers it would appear are in a rebuilding phase, some necessary and some forced upon us therefore if a player has been signed else where we need to identify their replacement at the first opportunity.

I know the game is played to win the comp and all efforts should be made to win this year but do you perservere with a player like Lui or Moltzen or whoever (I just name them as examples) if they will not be at the team next year. If Lui is the one, should we not get Miller to a first grade level as a matter of urgency? Do we contiunue to build Fifita's skill level in our team (to benefit the Sharks) or do we upskill BMM?

I want my team to do the best possible this year and every year but as much as I hate to say it, if we don't get some huge break in our luck, this season is not one I see us winning the comp. Based on that, can't we get these young guns from the 20's playing at a level they will gain a huge amount from and not throwing them to the wolves at the beginning of a season...blood them while they are not expected to do so great.

I guess I am rambling now but I think you will see my point. I just want what is best for my team, maybe I am wrong and I am sure I'll be told that quite quickly or fairly bluntly by some but maybe there is some merit in what I am saying.

Just love my team...that's all.
I would actually argue the opposite - the majority of our full strength 17 have been around for quite some time so I would contend we are in "win now" mode as opposed to plan for the future. What I was getting at with Lui, and I didn't make this very clear, is that we do have depth at the halfback position so we can afford to drop him, both from a form perspective (he's been very oridinary) and from a planning perspective.

Just did a quick check - we have an average experience level among our top 17 (or who I would consider a part of our top 17) of 109 games. That figure is actually distorted from the 6 or 7 years Tuqiri was in union and all the years Ellis was in the UK (and the year Futlon was there as well). It's probably closer to 130 if you take that into account.

From my view, we've invested heavily in the Gibbs / Fulton / Hino / Farah / Marshall crop and it's reflected in the average experience, considering they said a year or so ago that the average first graders career is about 30-odd games. Anyone still arguing against a bit of clean out should take the above on board - these guys have had 8 or so years together and you could argue they peaked as a group 6 years ago.

Tigerm

First Grade
Galloway

No other reason than he is one of the few not mentioned previously:D

Someone must be right, if it's true?

IMO, it is just a scurrilous bit of gossip, perpetrated by one of the teams in front of us, who are running scared & just trying to disrupt our soon to materialise winning run home to the GF, those bastards.:lol:

N.C.

Juniors
So... Tigers are just going to release him from the last four years of his contract, are they? Just because he and Sheens are having a little tiff? I doubt it. Sheens would be shown the door before Marshall would be allowed to walk...

Latest posts