What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carch, BBB, other forum axeheads

Quigs

Immortal
Lookin at the drug f**ked hippie I reckon he has never used a shovel for its right purpose in his life.

Hez got arms like Johnny Winter.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah that's him, thats Doug. He runs an excavation company.

You know his girlfriend ditched him. Apparently all he said was to get on your back hoe

carcharias

Immortal
ok
im on the verge of finally updating my guitar.
Its been almost 30 years since I got a new acoustic.

I have it down to 2
both almost the same apart from the look.
one has the dark fret board
the other is the lighter version...from what I can gather.

both bloody expensive.
both aussie made cole clark - aussie wood etc

FL2BLBLMAIN.jpg

1Q0A7981_copy.jpg

Wozza

Juniors
ok

I have it down to 2

both bloody expensive.

FL2BLBLMAIN.jpg

1Q0A7981_copy.jpg
As someone who owns 3 Gibson acoustics, 1 Martin and 1 Taylor I would never buy a guitar on looks. It could be the best looking guitar ever bought and sound like $hit.

Last edited:

snoozer

Bench
ok

I have it down to 2

both bloody expensive.

FL2BLBLMAIN.jpg

1Q0A7981_copy.jpg
what sort of coin carch?

carcharias

Immortal
Did you win lotto??
Taylor's are so expensive .
Those all mahogany ones are exquisite.

Not just looks, however a shiny all black acoustic might sound great but I'd never own one ...or any acoustic with a gloss finish.

I've played all the cc's
I want the cutaway dreadnought with the 3 way pickup and scratch plate.
The smaller opera shape ones are not what I'm looking for.
Played all sorts of other brands.
The fenders are ok
The matons are nice .
The rest are either too expensive or too twangy
I like a lot of bottom end and very bassy
These all Blackwood ones do have that lower fatter mellow type sound.
However the 3 way pickup is able to change its natural sound etc.
Plus the hand/Aussie made from Eco Aussie woods is a selling point for me.

Plus I reckon I'd look so cool with one.
:)

Wozza

Juniors
No, i've been collecting a long time, in fact I have a pretty big Beatles collection which includes a lot of vintage guitars the same as what the Beatles played and a pile of genuine memorabilia.
The Martin D28 I have has a very nice tone, but one of the lesser expensive Gibson's I have is my favourite guitar. It's a dreadnought, not a cutaway Songwriter Deluxe, the sound is just incredible.

Vin Fizz

Bench
I love spending other peoples cash :). Righto. I have a CC FL2AC. Bunya Top, QLD Maple back and side. Is distinctive and very mellow. It can be touchy when trying to work out the balance between the face or body pickup. Depending on the setup you can get feedback problems if there is say a 57 somewhere nearby and you're on a cable (Di or straight into an amp) and the balance between the face and body pickup is out. I tend to hit the bottom E when I get excited and cop it from the band members because the CC can be boomy in the low frequencies. The tone is awesome and you cant go wrong. My friend asked me to restring his Maton dreadnaught that is 14 years old now. It was very close to the CC. The difference was a bees doodle. The CC is not as edgy as the Maton and the action on the Maton had the CC just a touch. That said though the fella had 9-48 on the Maton , and I use Elixir 11-52. MY eyes are razzed a tad and I have heaps of trouble workining out the EQ labels that are bloody black on black (need braille fair dinkum). Youll have to get a neck toggle put on for the strap as it wont have one usually (maybe they do now. mines at lest 10 years old) $2k is all its money and id be getting a case thrown in. Better Mucas or DW Music down this way I reckon will do better. Anyway hope this helsp a bit.

Latest posts