What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ch 9 Commentary

blacksafake

First Grade
I know he’s a Dragons fan, but if he is mentoring McJetski then it’s a great initiative. Gould may be a complete dribbler but he understands the games and the factors required to be successful in coaching.
McGregor & Gus both said that they “talk” on the phone at times

2010Dragons

Bench
I would say both Gus and Andrew have placed bets on the bunnies win.
Andrew Johns can be very bias when he has put a bet on a team and his selected team is losing.

The bunnies threw a few forward passes, not a comment from both of these muppets.
Bunnies offside nearly every tackle no comment from these clowns.
Finally the bunnies a pinged for offside and Gus has a big whinge and complains that the Dragons don't deserve the penalty and should continue to struggle to get out of our 30 metre line.

pathetic idiots were desperate for the bunnies to win.

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Not normally a one eyed supporter watching on the TV but even a non Dragons mate watching the game on Ch 9 couldn't believe the bias shown towards Souths tonight. Gus tends to lead the charge & the commentator & Johns repeat him. Souths were "brave " and every close call was in Souths way not ours. Understand that it is commercial TV and they have to create tension & Drama but please try to be even , as it is a game. They were most disappointing that the script of a Souths victory did not eventuate but it really grated on me that perhaps our defense was "brave "and the refs forgot the ball & 10 meter rules which hinded our free flowing game.

Yes the media builds you up ...... then slags you down.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I would say both Gus and Andrew have placed bets on the bunnies win.
Andrew Johns can be very bias when he has put a bet on a team and his selected team is losing.

The bunnies threw a few forward passes, not a comment from both of these muppets.
Bunnies offside nearly every tackle no comment from these clowns.
Finally the bunnies a pinged for offside and Gus has a big whinge and complains that the Dragons don't deserve the penalty and should continue to struggle to get out of our 30 metre line.

pathetic idiots were desperate for the bunnies to win.
To be perfectly honest Ive always said The Brisbane Donkeys were the worst Ive seen at being offside and allowed to get away with it on most occassions especially "offside Sam" (Thaiday)..... but the blatant standing offside all night by the bunnies was amongst the worse Ive seen for a long long time.....if we had lost besides the fact that I would have been pissed right off it would have been an injustice to our boys...so suck it up commentators the better team on the night got the chocolates

Hills Dragon

Juniors
Call me a grammar Nazi, but the thing that really grinds my gears is listening to Greg Alexander finishing sentences with "but". The bloke is a professional commentator now and he can barely speak English but.

ouryears

Bench
I like listening to Sowie and Dell help call the game, they give awesome insights into players, strategies and the game.

I didn't realise it was Sowie the first time I listened... until 15 mins in and I was already hooked.

They do add a bit of fun....but their passion and knowledge makes for great listening

And they obviously both love the dragon's still but aren't biased towards us, well they do defend us when the need arises!

Its 104.9 FM Radio

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Gus told Mary he needs to present himself, talk and act like he is the coach, towards the end of last year he said.

Mary's definitely had some voice coaching, he sounds a lot better in interviews so far this year, more professional, better grammar. Last year he spoke like a real yob.

denis preston

First Grade
To be perfectly honest Ive always said The Brisbane Donkeys were the worst Ive seen at being offside and allowed to get away with it on most occassions especially "offside Sam" (Thaiday)..... but the blatant standing offside all night by the bunnies was amongst the worse Ive seen for a long long time.....if we had lost besides the fact that I would have been pissed right off it would have been an injustice to our boys...so suck it up commentators the better team on the night got the chocolates

You know t , his really is a vital factor. The refs start the year telling all clubs they will be penalising off side .We assumably prepare for it and actually thrive with the extra space.Then we play a side desperate and under the pump and they are gifted the luxury of playing off side defense. It makes an enormous difference. I even noticed it on TV.
We need to maintain the rage on play the ball/offside play as it suits our play and not Melbourne, Sharks ,Penrith & Cowboys.and perhaps Roosters.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lost all my respect for Gus the way he bags the refs and thinks he can speak on the fans behalf saying they are walking away because of the game. Load of trash. He loves the Saints mind you and like to remind us every know and then that he was a Dragons fan as a kid. Yeah WAS a Dragons fan more like it. Had a chance to become Saints coach in his career if he really wanted to but never chose to.

Fox commentary much better than Ch9. Fax use to have all the 2nd best commentators not anymore, that belongs to Ch9. Apart from Sterlo they have all become crap.