What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charlie Gubb

Meth

Staff member
Gubb watch.

Played nearly a full half of football. 4 runs. Pretty solid defensively.

ozbash

Referee
Warriors forward Charlie Gubb is facing a seven match ban after he was cited for a grade 2 shoulder charge by the NRL match review committee.

Gubb was slapped with the grade 2 shoulder charge on Manly forward Darcy Lussick during the Warriors golden point loss at nib Stadium in Perth on Saturday.

The base charge for the offence is 350 points, but two similar offences in the last two years means Gubb is facing a maximum seven match ban.

Gubb would miss five matches with an early guilty plea, but could risk seven matches if he fights the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses.

http://www.nrl.com/gubb-facing-seven-match-ban/tabid/10874/newsid/99262/default.aspx

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That is a good result for a Warriors fan

Seriously though, 5-7 weeks is an absolute joke for a shoulder charge, I hate what they are doing to this game

I didn't notice it at all during the match which shows how bad it must have been, and I watched Thaiday drop Gallen square on the top of his head in origin, and he got 2 weeks for something as dangerous as it comes

jaseg

Juniors
From the only angle I've seen it looks an absolutely ludicrous charge, particularly for a grade two. Perhaps they have a better one that shows a clear shoulder charge.

Hopefully they use that angle in a case against him and Cappy will be forced to pick a middle who can make a tangible difference for the rest of the year.

JJ

Immortal
no arms I guess, but yeah I think it's pointless trying to make sense of charges - he had history, but I can't help but think of Thaiday missing one game (I think) for the 'tackle' on Gallen in Origin...

As above, forces a change for McFadden, be interesting to see what hare-brained strategy he comes up with now

Iafeta

Referee
He'll be fine. His left arm was coming around (it hits his own defender), the impact is pec not shoulder. No problems.

vvvrulz

Coach
Would those two he threw last year count against him?

Nothing saves those, he just went full genius.

MKEB...

Staff member
I saw the tackle during the game and yelled "BOOMPHA" good shot. But I also thought he would get cited and a suspension; but grade two for a good hit is way OTT.

Latest posts