What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Mafia

Misanthrope

Staff member
You guys do realise he was a f**king Jew, right? How do you think they engineer elections without giving gifts?

Bazal

Post Whore
Must admit it was fking funny watching town self destruct. Made me feel.less bad about being shit this game

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm still not sure how butch stayed in play after he killed the outed town investigator and was clearly implicated in the write-up.

The false recruit was, for me, the key. I honestly thought it must have been SeeJay and didn't blame butch for doing what I would have done.

The fake write up was the turning point.

SeeJay

Juniors
Ya. I really don't see town as derping at all here. What were we supposed to do when we see a recruit in the writeup? Assume its fake and just keep voting for mafia? Nope. Never has that happened after a recruit is clearly in the writeup.

Rebel

First Grade
Agreed. No town derping here at all. If you get a write up saying that a vocal person has been recruited, of course you will think its true.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
I agree with that. I wrote it to leave little doubt, and you would have to be thinking outside the box to get it. I do think town derped with Butch though. There was no way the king of Halloween was going to be anything other than indie. I know this was coming from mafia, but Mis games always have an indie. We kept him alive as we were hoping you'd try and take him out yourselves. Indie's should always be dealt with first as their win conditions are so varied.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I agree with that. I wrote it to leave little doubt, and you would have to be thinking outside the box to get it. I do think town derped with Butch though. There was no way the king of Halloween was going to be anything other than indie. I know this was coming from mafia, but Mis games always have an indie. We kept him alive as we were hoping you'd try and take him out yourselves. Indie's should always be dealt with first as their win conditions are so varied.

There three mafia and me

Hell if there was only two town left I was dead

Mafia were the main threat

mickyj

Bench
I stated a couple of times that a pretty much full mafia was a bigger threat. And it seems it was.

mickyj

Bench
I also pushed to try and lynch grim again and if not for all the crying from townies about wasting a lynch the next option was to try and lynch dutchy again
But people accused me of being mafia for wanting to look at the protection chain.

DB

First Grade
Misanthrope said:
You are Frosty the Snowman, Christmas Aligned Jolly Snowman.

A magical snowman who was brought to life to bring cheer to children, you’re back and you’re not going to let anybody take Christmas down.

- Melting!: You may not post or vote during day phases.
- Freezing: You cannot be killed at night.
- Snowballs: On every even night, you may target a player to pelt with snowballs. There is a 50% chance they’ll be roleblocked and a 50% chance you’ll kill them.

Hard not being able to talk during the day, and at night didn't want to say much to give away who I was going for.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ya. I really don't see town as derping at all here. What were we supposed to do when we see a recruit in the writeup? Assume its fake and just keep voting for mafia? Nope. Never has that happened after a recruit is clearly in the writeup.

Misinformation roles - both in PM form and write up form - have been present in multiple games now. They go way back to the very first game, in fact.

Rather than killing one another seemingly for fun, town needed to show a little restraint or test the theory by killing a mafia member. Grimm, Hogg, or Dutchy were never targeted to be killed more than once during the game - Dutchy not even once.

Agreed. No town derping here at all. If you get a write up saying that a vocal person has been recruited, of course you will think its true.

Town derped from the outset, really. Their eagerness to lynch micky on PP's obvious trolling wasted a lynch and his Hodor, butch (originally town vigilante) KTFed it, KTF was lynched on the basis on some flimsy reasoning, and then there was the above hook, line, and sinker self destruction.

It's far from the worst derped town I've seen, but it sure did make the mafia's job a lot easier when nobody except micky & Bazal ever bothered to target them.