What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching merry go round.Could Des be a Dragon

dragonssamy61

First Grade
You would think Des would look at the Dragons roster and say hey I can work with that.

Mary needs to go but the club hasn't got the guts to admit hey we got it wrong AGAIN and just sack him.

Yje they don't have the money to do so its a crock how much can that wanker actually be on.

Coast
Just said on 9 news dessy was on $1million. And he will be wanting his money as dogs are saying he wasn't signed for 2 years earlier this year.
So you hope Mary was on to much.

MrDragon007

Juniors
No thanks... Dessie can go elsewhere.
And he can feel free to take Mary with him.
He coached the attack right out of the dogs. The dogs of 2017 were the dragons of 2016 in terms of attack.
Madge id love to have coaching us, Haslers coaching has gone stale, end of 2016 and all of 2017 the dogs were shithouse in attack.
Our attack was on fire yet i still want Mary gone, so why go to a coach that also has no plan B, and has no idea how to coach attack.
Id love us to have a crack at Madge, im no fan of Neil Henry but id take him ahead of Mary and Dessie.
Just my opinion though. Many rate Dessie, but i feel its mainly because of how shit mary is, i feel in truth Dessie is NOT much better.
He has finals experience yes, but he has been shown up as a coach that cant adapt game plans etc, sounds like another mary but with a better history, unfortunately history is the past, and that doesnt benfit us going forward.
Souths had a shit ass year yet still attacked better then the dogs, and thats without Gi and Reynolds missing a chunk of games also.

jak

Bench
We are perfectly set up to accomodate a coach with a tendency for back ended deals, considering our recruitment is managed separately.

Mary isn't fit to carry Des's coaching clipboard.
but would des be happy with our recruitment being managed separately?

grouch

First Grade
No thanks... Dessie can go elsewhere.
And he can feel free to take Mary with him.
He coached the attack right out of the dogs. The dogs of 2017 were the dragons of 2016 in terms of attack.
Madge id love to have coaching us, Haslers coaching has gone stale, end of 2016 and all of 2017 the dogs were shithouse in attack.
Our attack was on fire yet i still want Mary gone, so why go to a coach that also has no plan B, and has no idea how to coach attack.
Id love us to have a crack at Madge, im no fan of Neil Henry but id take him ahead of Mary and Dessie.
Just my opinion though. Many rate Dessie, but i feel its mainly because of how shit mary is, i feel in truth Dessie is NOT much better.
He has finals experience yes, but he has been shown up as a coach that cant adapt game plans etc, sounds like another mary but with a better history, unfortunately history is the past, and that doesnt benfit us going forward.
Souths had a shit ass year yet still attacked better then the dogs, and thats without Gi and Reynolds missing a chunk of games also.
Still touting this garbage.

Des is not only the best credentialled coach available, he's one of the best in the game, period. Coaches would kill for his record.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
As much as I want Mary gone, all the 2017 competition now available 1st grade coaches have done worse than Mary. We need to poach one of the current top coaches.

epDragon62

First Grade
I would say a few people in this forum have done the same thing and I wouldn't go on about it.

Its been done to death and its time for people to build that bridge and get over it.
Furthermore, we know Mary did it but we have no idea if others did; the absence of evidence that others have is not proof they haven't.

If you get my drift?

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
It's amazing to me that both Madge and Des are without a job and available, yet we're seemingly stuck with Mary for the foreseeable future,

We finally have a squad that can go places next year, imagine how far we could have gone with one of these 2 steering the ship?

Rumours all year that these 2 would get the bullet, yet instead of waiting how it all panned out, we extend Mary after 9 rounds?

Our forward planning is just outstanding.

BrissyRedV

Bench
It's amazing to me that both Madge and Des are without a job and available, yet we're seemingly stuck with Mary for the foreseeable future,

We finally have a squad that can go places next year, imagine how far we could have gone with one of these 2 steering the ship?

Rumours all year that these 2 would get the bullet, yet instead of waiting how it all panned out, we extend Mary after 9 rounds?

Our forward planning is just outstanding.
Funny isn't it? Basil was promoting patience when it come to signing a Packer replacement and to his credit, he got it right. Whomever makes the coaching appointments on the other hand, completely jumped the gun (reeks of corruption and jobs for the boys), and completely muffed the pooch so to speak. The stupidity makes this such a difficult club to follow.

giboz71

First Grade
Funny isn't it? Basil was promoting patience when it come to signing a Packer replacement and to his credit, he got it right. Whomever makes the coaching appointments on the other hand, completely jumped the gun (reeks of corruption and jobs for the boys), and completely muffed the pooch so to speak. The stupidity makes this such a difficult club to follow.

And what makes it even more ridiculous was that Mary wasn't being chased by anyone so why extend so quickly?

I get the thinking that securing the coach could have given us a tilt at the premiership this year, and we were leading the comp at the time but who where we kidding? We were never going to win the comp this year and most had this year as a holding pattern until Hunt arrived next year.

We could have just waited till seasons end and we could have had a pick of coaches with Madge, Des and even Henry available. Any would have been an upgrade.

possm

Coach
Des just got sacked by the Dogs!

Suddenly the jig saw pieces are falling into place.

We just need to sack Mary now.
Send Mary to Reserve Grade, if he doesn't like that let him resign. Hire Hasler immediately.

possm

Coach
You would think Des would look at the Dragons roster and say hey I can work with that.

Mary needs to go but the club hasn't got the guts to admit hey we got it wrong AGAIN and just sack him.

Yje they don't have the money to do so its a crock how much can that wanker actually be on.
Coaching staff do not come under the cap. Dragons can get the money if they want to. They got if for Bennett and could get it for Bellamy but couldn't get him, so why can't they get it for Hasler.

possm

Coach
but would des be happy with our recruitment being managed separately?
Not a problem, Millward can be Hasler's recruitment officer. Mary can be water boy, Young and Hornby can coach reserve grade. All done.

BrissyRedV

Bench
And what makes it even more ridiculous was that Mary wasn't being chased by anyone so why extend so quickly?

I get the thinking that securing the coach could have given us a tilt at the premiership this year, and we were leading the comp at the time but who where we kidding? We were never going to win the comp this year and most had this year as a holding pattern until Hunt arrived next year.

We could have just waited till seasons end and we could have had a pick of coaches with Madge, Des and even Henry available. Any would have been an upgrade.
Indeed. We already had our marquee signing lined up and players were already re-signed/re-signing for 2018. Now we are stuck with McWrecker which makes our premiership aspirations for next year look very slim even with the quality roster.

Latest posts