What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colonial Cup 2012

deluded pom?

Coach
Only three AMNRL teams represented. I don't know why the Sharks bother. When was the last time a Sharks' player pulled a Tomahawks shirt on? Still it's good to see a couple of Hawaiian based players in there though. They must have played about one game of RL all year. Maybe it's better for the Sharks' players not to be picked if this is how cheap the jersey is. I wonder who the captain will be and why there's no Pope, Britt or Dawn in the squad.

Steve Davy

Juniors
It doesnt really matter they can still grow bigger than the amnrl

They are bigger than the AmNRL. International recognition would help them be huge. The USARL are getting good crowds and doing great development work. With internationals as an incentive for players and an attraction for crowds, they would be huge.

druzik

Juniors
Canada Team expected to be

Robin Legault
Tony Felix
Geoff Bylund
Christian Miller
Jared Curry
Matt Wyles
Jamie Lester ©
Keegan Watcham-Roy
Graham Dobbs
Louis Robinson
Cam Grace
Henry Miers
Chris Chalmers
Matt Pettie
Enoch Wamalwa
Mike Thorne
John Felix

Over the moon to see Louis back in the pack but disappointed that winger Justing Redguard had to miss this through injury. He scored an absolutely breathtaking try against Lebanon last time out. That said I'm sure young Jared Curry will do a fine job. Great to see players from BC and Ottawa in the squad

Taken from http://www.canadarug...le.php?id=10192

The USA squad is

Fitzjames Adams (NY Knights), Gareth Baxendale (NY Knights), Luke Collins (PA Bulls), Bryan Confer (PA Bulls), Curtis Cunz (CT Wildcats), John Dykeman (NY Knights), Todd Fisher (NY Knights), Kelly McGill (Hawaii), Vai Notoa (Hawaii), Justin Ripley (NY Knights), Ben Sadgrove (NY Knights), Mike Schacter (CT Wildcats), Dennis Schmeiler (CT Wildcats), Sean Taylor (NY Knights), Louis Tulio (PA Bulls), Dusten Umeda (CT Wildcats), Matt Walsh (CT Wildcats), Kevin Wiggins (PA Bulls)

Taken from http://www.wearerugb...es-game-1-squad

All domestic players.

For score updates follow me on twitter & I'll do my best to keep up! (@Spookylish)

Well I'll be there too, but since I have no data roaming on my phone I wont be able to do any tweeting.

gyallop

Juniors
From what I recall seeing on line Britt and Pope were both badly injured in the first game of the year which would explain their absence.

Only three AMNRL teams represented. I don't know why the Sharks bother. When was the last time a Sharks' player pulled a Tomahawks shirt on? Still it's good to see a couple of Hawaiian based players in there though. They must have played about one game of RL all year. Maybe it's better for the Sharks' players not to be picked if this is how cheap the jersey is. I wonder who the captain will be and why there's no Pope, Britt or Dawn in the squad.

2007 RLWC qualifier vs Japan

deluded pom?

Coach
If the Sharks switched to the USARL at least then you'd know why your players weren't being selected for the Tomahawks.

druzik

Juniors
From what I recall seeing on line Britt and Pope were both badly injured in the first game of the year which would explain their absence.

lol ... no ... they are not injured at all. They have to pay their own way for the matches, I hazard a guess that they just can't afford the trip.

I would have thought the AMNRL would spend some of the $250k a year they have now to get them up there... I mean that is what the money has been ear marked for, the Tomahawks no?

gyallop

Juniors
I found the story Apple Pope torn PCL and a fractured tibia in July and Britt was hurt same game.

druzik

Juniors
I found the story Apple Pope torn PCL and a fractured tibia in July and Britt was hurt same game.

You have a reference?

I have it on good authority that they are healthy and have been training hard under the assumption they would play.

league13

Juniors
Wonder what Niu is up to?Selecting two guys from Hawaii who have no experience, doesn't make sense( might look good on paper) and weakens the team ,also the cost of getting them to the game.
Surely this guy wants to win the game with the World Cup approaching.

gyallop

Juniors
http://www.wearerugby.com/news/articles/pope-injury-worries

Seems it was June as you guys reverse your dates and drive on the wrong side of the road. If it was full tear that is a minimum 4 months post op. to get back on the paddock. A lot of stuff saying Pope and Britt didnt suit up this year which obviously is not correct. Hope he gets ok not as bad as an ACL but still a crap injury to get over confidence wise.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Wonder what Niu is up to?Selecting two guys from Hawaii who have no experience, doesn't make sense( might look good on paper) and weakens the team ,also the cost of getting them to the game.
Surely this guy wants to win the game with the World Cup approaching.
I guess to maintain the facade of a 'Pacific Conference'. Niu obviously cares about politics and personal vendettas more than results, otherwise he would select USARL players or even players from throughout the AMNRL competition, as opposed to just 3 clubs.

Choo Choo

Juniors
http://www.wearerugby.com/news/articles/pope-injury-worries

Seems it was June as you guys reverse your dates and drive on the wrong side of the road. If it was full tear that is a minimum 4 months post op. to get back on the paddock. A lot of stuff saying Pope and Britt didnt suit up this year which obviously is not correct. Hope he gets ok not as bad as an ACL but still a crap injury to get over confidence wise.

I saw Apple a few weeks ago and he was walking and getting around fine; he didn't seem to have any issues.

Grizzel

Juniors
Not sure where the misinformation is coming from but Apple did get busted up at the beginning of the AMNRL season. He failed a field test last week and the Doc would not clear him in time to join the ranks at the Colonial Cup. I have it firsthand that he will be right as rain in short order and game fit well before the next US match.

druzik

Juniors
Canada 24-28 USA

Just got back from the Colonial Cup game.

Absolutely awesome. Canada put on an amazing spectacle. The crowd was big once more. The official attendance I was given as 4675. There would have easily been over 1000 in the beer garden.

My best friend went with me... he thought the game was awesome, he is a big Union and League guy so knows what hes on about. He definitely would go again he says... another comment of his was "some of the chicks here are hot, hot, hot" ... incentive to turn up guys!

USA put on a very formidable team, they played the slightly better game. Canada had a couple lapses in concentration which cost them. Still the game went to the wire, it was still on for young and old with 10 seconds to go!

USA deserved winners.

I'll have a write up and photos soon.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Great to hear it was a good game, a shame Canada couldn't get the win but hopefully that gives them the incentive to keep improving.

druzik

Juniors
USA Takes Colonial Cup Opener in a Thriller

September 9th, 2012
By Daniel Andruczyk

Canada Wolverines 24 – 28 USA Tomahawks

The opening game of the 2012 Colonial Cup was an absolute thriller. Rain all day had threatened to make the game messy. The rain cleared up but the ground was wet and the ball was slippery. It showed in the opening half of the game.

Read more...