What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colonial Cup 2012

spooky

Juniors
What a fantastic spectacle the game was. An absolute thriller. The atmosphere was amazing, the Canadian crowd loved every minute of it. The Wolverines seem to be gathering a loyal and vocal following. I know the beer garden was giving it to the Tomahawks all night :)

Shame that Canada couldn't get the win but the return leg is a mouthwatering prospect. Both sides fancy their chances.

Was lovely to finally meet you Druzik. Great report as always. Glad you & your friend had such a great time at the game.

druzik

Juniors
Colonial Cup Interviews

September 11th, 2012
By Daniel Andruczyk

Hot on the heals of the Colonial Cup win by the USA on Saturday, I was able to catch up for a few words with Jamie Lester from Canada and also the USA coach Marcus Vassilakopoulos.

Read more...

amnrlfan

Juniors
You have a reference?

I have it on good authority that they are healthy and have been training hard under the assumption they would play.

Both did get injured game one of the AMNRL season. However Pope and Britt are both healthy to play.

gyallop

Juniors
I chased up a mate playing in the USA who says that they are both on the way back but weren't fit to play Canada. I dont know Britt's injury but Pope's was a PCL and they take at least 4 months to get back on the paddock usually so he would a few weeks away. Better off with a match fit player than risk your captains career.

spooky

Juniors
Colonial Cup Interviews

September 11th, 2012
By Daniel Andruczyk

Hot on the heals of the Colonial Cup win by the USA on Saturday, I was able to catch up for a few words with Jamie Lester from Canada and also the USA coach Marcus Vassilakopoulos.

Read more...

To answer your question about which team Canada are playing in October, it's the BARLA Lions.

druzik

Juniors
To answer your question about which team Canada are playing in October, it's the BARLA Lions.

Formidable opponents... I have seen these guys play 4-5 times around the world... they are tough and physical.

The Canadians better be ready for a very bruising encounter.

nadera78

Juniors
Is it BARLA or English Community Lions? The former only selects players from BARLA comps, the latter includes everyone from within the amateur / community game (armed forces, students, NCL, etc). Either way, it'll be a good test for you guys.

deluded pom?

Coach
Is it BARLA or English Community Lions? The former only selects players from BARLA comps, the latter includes everyone from within the amateur / community game (armed forces, students, NCL, etc). Either way, it'll be a good test for you guys.

It's the ECL nad. There's a guy from Southampton Spitfires in the squad along with a player from East Hull.

amnrlfan

Juniors
I chased up a mate playing in the USA who says that they are both on the way back but weren't fit to play Canada. I dont know Britt's injury but Pope's was a PCL and they take at least 4 months to get back on the paddock usually so he would a few weeks away. Better off with a match fit player than risk your captains career.

You're right Pope isn't healthy I don't know about Britt. Looks like Walsh will be the Capt for the entire cup.

Poul

Juniors
Tomahawks 36 d Wolverines 14 (unconfirmed score)

The Tomahawks have defeated the Wolverines to win the 2012 Colonial Cup 2 game to nil.

The Tomahawks went to the break up 12-2 , but the Canadians came back to lead 14-12 early in the 2nd half.

The Tomahawks then overwhelmed the Canadians in the final quarter to post a decisive win.

pennpool

Juniors
You're right Pope isn't healthy I don't know about Britt. Looks like Walsh will be the Capt for the entire cup.

I keep seeing that pope and Britt got injured in the first game of the season. Britt came off injured, pope was fine and finished the game. Neither needed major treatment either????

amnrlfan

Juniors
Both needed major treatment. Kenny tore his meniscus around minute 50 and did not return. He underwent surgery a week later. Apple was injured in the first 10 minutes of the game and he did come off the field, although briefly. A teaspoon of cement down the hatch and he played 70 more minutes with a torn PCL and a broken tibia. He's from the south and he's as hard as they come. #alpha

pennpool

Juniors
I'm calling Bull shit with Apple and the fracture, I was there. Kenny did limp off but wasn't immobilized after that. I guess meniscus may be possible though.

Last edited:

islandlion

Juniors
Pennpool you're a grub mate. Fly your northern twat down to my island and I'll show you the X-rays and MRI. But be prepared for a swift kick in the ass off my ocean view patio. amnrlfan don't forget I scored a try from around 30 meters out at the end of the game despite the PCL and fracture. #alpha

pennpool

Juniors
Pennpool you're a grub mate. Fly your northern twat down to my island and I'll show you the X-rays and MRI. But be prepared for a swift kick in the ass off my ocean view patio. amnrlfan don't forget I scored a try from around 30 meters out at the end of the game despite the PCL and fracture. #alpha

If your actually Apple then fair enough but until this point, it has been hearsay by a lot of Annonymous posters.
When you see a player finish a game it's tough to believe he did it with a fracture. If its true, fair play. Your not the first to do it and sure won't be the last #upyourownass

deluded pom?

Coach

:lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts