What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentator dribble

Saxon

Bench
My personal hate at the moment is Gould constantly telling us what the game should be. He obviously has a very clear picture in his head and no-one else should be allowed to have an opinion.

The biggest joke of all is that he thinks minor infringements shouldn't matter - just let the game flow - and then whines about all the repeat infringements which go essentially unpunished. Well Phool; "letting the game flow" and not punishing the minor infringements is a large part of why the refs have so little control.

Last year he was forever whinging about players being constantly offside and players not playing the ball properly - when the refs crack down on it, it's ruining the game and there's no need to penalise every time. Last year he was all for sending repeat offenders to the bin, now he sooks when it happens.

Yes, he is very knowledgeable about the game, but listening to his ongoing diatribe against the game is not worth the occasional insight.

#f*ckoffPhil

I wish Graeme Hughes would call every week. They've got him doing Controversy Corner, and he's great on that. He's a cut above any other caller Fox have except for Voss and Warren Smith.

One of the few credible commentators still kicking around. No idea why he doesn’t get a regular gig but you have mongoloids like Hodges and Blocker stinking up the screen 5x a week

Danish

Referee
If you think it’s bad now, just wait a couple seasons when Thurston, Lockyer, and Wally are all on the same commentary team

King Ben

Juniors
Now that we've got Matt Nable, Neil Henry, Blocker, Justin Hodges and Corey Parker on regular rotation, Channel 9 have actually become more listenable than Fox. Remarkable.

beave

Coach
Now that we've got Matt Nable, Neil Henry, Blocker, Justin Hodges and Corey Parker on regular rotation, Channel 9 have actually become more listenable than Fox. Remarkable.

Voss and Warren Smith are enough to keep me on team Fox. Agree with those mentioned blokes though, Corey Parker should be banned from calling any Brisbane game. Nable and Blocker shouldn’t be allowed to call any game.

I wish they’d have a comp for the general public where you get a shot to be a commentator. f**k knows we probably know more about the game than the ex-footballers and the majority of us havent had our brains scrambled from years of getting whacked around the head

King hit

Coach
This is what probably Sterlo believes when commentating on 9

EC4CD2B1-8979-4BFA-9F4B-8D18EED2FE93.gif

I’ve seen a few games on 9 this year and the Thursday night team with that bigot Hadley leading the call, watching that game can become torture.

Dav0c

Juniors
I don't think a lack of talent is the only issue. the Australian accent is just not suited to commentary. If it was a musical instrument it would be the bagpipe.