What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentator dribble

TheFrog

Coach

I don’t know whats worse, the sound of his leg snapping or his commentary....
Greg Alexander used to be like that at one time. Lots of ums, ers, youknows. Clearly had speaking lessons because it all disappeared almost overnight.

Norths Tiger

Juniors
Nowhere near enough Bwaith in this thread. He was as bad as Gaz when they started, but Gaz has left him for dead (to be fair, not that hard a task) now.

Re: competition to find a commentator amongst the public, I believe that's how Jon Harker got his start in the mid 80's?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I know this is an oft discussed topic, but I’m just about done with the bullshit we are exposed to every week.

People say watch fox to get away from Phil, ray hordleyyyyy etc. but it’s hardly much better when you have to put up with stooges like Hodges and Roach and their inane ramblings

I’d love to see some new talent that aren’t part of the boys club. Any chance LU starts running live amateur calling as an alternative to listening to the f**ks at ch9 and fox?

As long as Stallion isn't in the commentary box I'd be up for that idea - lol ;)

juro

Bench
Gould's favourite at the moment: "They didn't want the penalty then", played on loop for half the game.

King hit

Coach
Does anyone remember Lockyers interview with Ennis when Cronulla made the grand final

Lockyer: Well done Mick you're first grand final what a wonderful and significant way to end your career
Ennis: Second mate second and gave Lockyer a wink

Lockyer backed away awkwardly

Springs09

Juniors
My personal hate at the moment is Gould constantly telling us what the game should be. He obviously has a very clear picture in his head and no-one else should be allowed to have an opinion.

The biggest joke of all is that he thinks minor infringements shouldn't matter - just let the game flow - and then whines about all the repeat infringements which go essentially unpunished. Well Phool; "letting the game flow" and not punishing the minor infringements is a large part of why the refs have so little control.

Last year he was forever whinging about players being constantly offside and players not playing the ball properly - when the refs crack down on it, it's ruining the game and there's no need to penalise every time. Last year he was all for sending repeat offenders to the bin, now he sooks when it happens.

Yes, he is very knowledgeable about the game, but listening to his ongoing diatribe against the game is not worth the occasional insight.

#f*ckoffPhil

This shit all the media is going on about how we shouldn't penalise minor infringements is the exact opposite of when they used to go on about 'consistency'. The thing is where is the line between minor and major infringements? When one team gets penalised for holding down for 5.4 seconds and another is let go after 4.7 seconds they'll all bring up how the refs aren't consistent enough again.

Springs09

Juniors
Won't it be so good when the current crop of recent ex-players are rotated out for Smith, Thurston, Cronk and Slater...

One plus is we no longer have to listen to Daley

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
My guide to the fox brigade:

Bwaith Anasta: if you listen to this prick whine you'd think that he never made a mistake in his life. Shut up merkin.

Mark Goosnier: mark has turned into an intellectual - you can tell by the amount of time he says 'linespeed' and fatigue.
Embarrassing.

Melodramatic Mick Ennis: fine until a troi is scored then sounds like he's auditioning for game of thrones.

Steve f**king Roach: get this squeaky voiced stinking fat brainless f**k off my tv.

Crying Corey: remember when this grogan was bald, workmanlike and mostly anonymous? Now he's a merkin.

Brandy Alexander: menopause has not been kind to this whinging old flog.

Kevvie Walters: might be a great coach. Might be a great bloke. Means shit if you can't string a sentence together.

Danny Buderus: getting better

Neil Henry: the undertaker's excitement levels will continue to bring new fans to the game. Or bore them shitless.

Justin Hodges: f**k off fox, or in Hodgo speak mmmmhhhmmmm.