What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

betcats

Referee
Not a bad signing for them for a year. They need a guy like Fensom or something who will show this young guys what hard work in the NRL looks like instead of powderpuffs like Slowden and Sims.

Brown said recently they are way under the cap for this season after Sims left so why not spend it on some 1 or 2 year rentals of some veterans to add some starch to that side. You cannot just run out a team full of young high potential players in the nrl, you need some sort of veteran presence.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Shame for the two players to go out like that.

Must admit the last line of that article cracked me up. I just can't bring myself to call that stadium lottoland.

AJB1102

First Grade
The insurer is always gonna have final say in if these blokes get medically retired from the game. Not sure what the point is in the NRL shuffling the papers beforehand is gonna do other than add to an already lengthy process.

Pretty sure the NRL okayed Watmough's medical retirement but the insurer is still yet to sign off either way.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The insurer is always gonna have final say in if these blokes get medically retired from the game. Not sure what the point is in the NRL shuffling the papers beforehand is gonna do other than add to an already lengthy process.

Pretty sure the NRL okayed Watmough's medical retirement but the insurer is still yet to sign off either way.

The fact the NRL gave the clearance to Twatmough set the precedent.

To be honest, I would think the club could care less if the insurers come to the party (although would prefer it). Its about getting them.off the cap.

NRL did all they could to make sure Parramatta got under cap. No channel 9 applying pressure here so Toddy is not so obliging.

Not to mention there is no love lost between Manly and Toddles.

justdave

Juniors
The fact the NRL gave the clearance to Twatmough set the precedent.

To be honest, I would think the club could care less if the insurers come to the party (although would prefer it). Its about getting them.off the cap.

NRL did all they could to make sure Parramatta got under cap. No channel 9 applying pressure here so Toddy is not so obliging.

Not to mention there is no love lost between Manly and Toddles.

I'm a huge MW supporter, 3rd generation and I've got to admit Snake and Skiv are up there with my favs of all time but I totally agree. The club just wants them gone as there is a lot dosh they take up in the cap. The NRL dont give a f**k and rule arbitrarily. Would like to see them get a great send off either way

myrrh ken

First Grade
Why not take players off the cap that medically retire before rd 1 for whatever reason. Dont understand the reason behind the rule.

perverse

Referee
Retirement due to medical reasons...

So is this the new rort at this point? Sign up nearly-retired rep or ex-rep players to long-ass, back-ended deals and then "retire them medically"? Honestly think the NRL should be letting the insurance companies make the call on this one before granting it off the cap, regardless of how lengthy the process.

Hope we get Matt Scott on that $10 million 3 year deal. I don't see how we can lose with his back problems.

POPEYE

Coach
Maybe there should be refunds on the cap the year following players not playing . . . for any reason