What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - turnstile

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Most of our forward pack were out, is he supposed to cover for them ?

He is not the greatest half in the NRL but how anyone could take that game yesterday seriously is beyond me.

Take 8 regulars out of any NRL team and the same thing will happen.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Most of our forward pack were out, is he supposed to cover for them ?

He is not the greatest half in the NRL but how anyone could take that game yesterday seriously is beyond me.

Take 8 regulars out of any NRL team and the same thing will happen.

Doesnt excuse his terrible kicking game all year. His amount of missed tackles..

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I don't think he is that bad. He had a poor game last night, but everyone was pretty much the same. They were always going to target our left side with Hurrell etc.

Norman - 8 missed tackles.
Tonga - 4 missed tackles.
Radradra - 4 missed tackles.

Y2Eel

First Grade
He isnt poor for a fullback...

As a 5/8 he has a poor long and short kicking game, when he gets the ball he stops and then passes..

People wanted him to play half instead of Sandow...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Doesnt excuse his terrible kicking game all year. His amount of missed tackles..

I think it was about 4 games back we all voted him MOM and his defense was amazing.

He can go OK but he's just not consistent enough atm, he still a work in progress imo.

The Colonel

Immortal
Our whole team is a work in progress. Especially missing eight regular first graders. We have two twenty year old starting forwards and were missing our forward leader and lost Lussick early on.

Blaming Norman doesn't even scratch the surface.... Probably helps people sleep though.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dud signing.

A great way to judge the worthiness of a signing is to gauge the fans mood of the players previous team once they learn of the signing.

If Manly fans discover DCE had signed with the Broncos there would be a LOT of pissed off, angry fans. They may not go to the extreme of Cleveland/Miami fans when they found out about Lebron James intentions in 2010 and a few days ago, but their mood would be easily noticeable.

At the other extreme you get how Broncos fan felt once they discovered Corey Norman signed with the Eels. They weren't angry. They weren't upset.
They were happy.
Not at all a good sign.
Not at all a good signing.

Sharks fans were happy to see the back of David Simmons.

A lot of people here were happy to see the back of David Williams.

strider

Post Whore
I think it was about 4 games back we all voted him MOM and his defense was amazing.

He can go OK but he's just not consistent enough atm, he still a work in progress imo.

Id go with this ... I remember him having a top game recently - but he's very inconsistent

JJ

Immortal
I do.

I would f**k off:

Ben Smith
Moimoi
Morgan
Joseph Paulo
Darcy Lussick
Sandow
Luke Kelly
Isaac Degois
Mitchell Allgood
Justin Hunt
Corey Norman

That's 11 in our Top 25 already and that's just from the top of my head.

You want Ricky Stuart back, he's into that stuff...

Seriously, that was an awful performance against us, I had thought Arthur had made progress, but while I understand you had many good players missing, that was fairly wet tbh

oldmancraigy

Coach
Agree on Avengers list except for the man this thread is about. Norman.
He may have been crap yesterday, but was still4x better than bog average Kelly.
Norman got 'overrun' by his decoy a number of times, which cut off his movement and forced him to submit. He got quite peeved off after the 10th time, and rightly so.

Our forwards were soft yesterday, they got rolled, and really it is no surprise considering how inexperienced the starting pack was. What we need are 2-3 grizzled veterans in the engine room. They will make space for the halves to operate.

Norman is ordinary, and we are likely paying overs for him, but he's not exactly our biggest problem at the moment.

It is easy to say, 'get rid of these 10 players', but most of them are under contract so you'll have to eat part of their salary if that is to happen.....and that obviously affects who you can replace them with.

I thought he had been going OK in defence, prior to the warriors. I think the more pressing challenge is his last tackle options and passing decisions when a break is made. He is young and playing in an injury affected side coming off 3 years of losing continually.