What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig McLaughlan on the Footy Show - Absolute humiliation

JoeD

First Grade
is it even ment to be stand up?

I was wondering that too. Turned it on just as he was starting and had no idea it was suppoosed to be standup. Thought it was just him filling time before something else started. Seemed like he was making it up as he went.

woodgers

Bench
One of Canberra's top rating radio stations FM104.7 had a segment this morning where you could ring up and donate a joke to Craig Mclaughlan. Apparently it wasn't a G up, they were actually going to send them to him.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
woodgers said:
One of Canberra's top rating radio stations FM104.7 had a segment this morning where you could ring up and donate a joke to Craig Mclaughlan. Apparently it wasn't a G up, they were actually going to send them to him.

well they couldnt be too much worse than his own jokes.....

Copa

Bench
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1266&storyid=2795075

Craig is no laughing matter

March 12, 2005

IF CRAIG McLachlan's stand-up comedy performance on The Footy Show is anything to go by, he should quit before he gets lynched.

The former Neighbours star performed under his "comedy" guise live on Nine's The Footy Show at the State Sports Centre in front of thousands on Thursday night and was booed off the stage.

He told the crowd his routine would be "basically me rabbiting on about celebrity, and I reckon I've got a fair bit to rabbit on about" before launching into some lame and rather bizarre jokes about Neighbours.

"I was Kylie's brother on Neighbours and why the Neighbours script writers never investigated incest pisses me off to this day," he said to a smattering of nervous laughter from the crowd.

He proceeded to state that he "only very occasionally sodomises my friends' pets" and detailed his former life as a plumber, asking the crowd: "what's worse than poo?" – to which an audience member yelled "you!"

When McLachlan told a cringe-worthy joke about his song Mona being popular in Iraq, another audience member yelled "get him off" and chants of "off! off! off!" began.

He then wisely decided to end his routine.

McLachlan's manager David Sheridan yesterday told Confidential his charge was not available for comment.

"He's busy," Sheridan snapped.

"He thought it was a tough crowd, but that won't stop him."

Let's hope he has some better material up his sleeve should he go ahead with a gig at Parramatta's Riverside Theatre next Friday.

Meanie

Juniors
He must have some very vengeful friends/management if they couldn't tell him beforehand that his act is positively mortifying.

The_Libbster

Juniors
I can't seem to get the video to open from the Footy Show site. I click on it, but then it opens up a different video?? Maybe he asked them to take it down?! :-k

Nuke

Staff member
Throw it out the window mate!

Nothing good could come out of that performance for him.

Actually, I tell a lie. The other night I wasn't feeling too good, so while on the internet, I decided to see if he had his own website, and if so, what was said about that gig. Nothing was said officially, but on his message board (he actually has 17 members!) one person actually said that his gig on The Footy Show inspired him/her to attend his show. They weren't joking, and they weren't doing it to heckle him or watch him fall again!
Just goes to show: Each to his own!

iggy plop

First Grade
Craig_McLachlan.jpg

BIOGRAPHY:

In case you hadn’t realised, Craig is a music fanatic. He’s also a bit of a lunatic.

Having first picket up guitar at seven, and playing his first pub gigs twenty years ago (as an under aged fourteen year old!), he was born with rock n roll in his blood.

Along with this musical prowess, Craig is also in possession of one of the sharpest and funniest senses of humour you’re likely to encounter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

With his band The Mullets, inspired by the hairstyle he helped make infamous during his Neighbours days, Craig has teamed up with some of the best musicians in Sydney to create one of the most entertaining rock n roll experiences you can imagine.

At a time when “rock is back”, Craig McLachlan & The Mullets are the good time rock n roll band that guarantee to get your party started.

Craig’s charisma and humour :lol: , combined with his talent as a singer and guitarist, will wow audiences and delight all of those who experience “the Mullet phenomenon”.

Rock on!

For bookings please contact Tony Grace @ The Harbour Agency (02) 9331 5888

This is his bio for his band the Mullets. What a multi-talented and funny guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

My arse after a hot curry is funnier than him.

Nuke

Staff member
I must confess, I'm quite looking forward to seeing it again too!

I think that sickness I had the other night must be coming back!

fieldo

Juniors
I get to watch both footy shows one after the other on imparja and the NRL footy show is so funny compared with the AFL footy show. The AFL footy show needs to lighten up a bit...it is so stale.....and they keep flicking to pictures of Eddie and his smooth hair style...watch the camera angles...its f...ing sickening.

The thing with the snake last week with Fatty was side splitting. I was rolling around in laughter.

And the standup was bloody funny if you listen to the crowd reaction :lol: ......I asked why do Aussie's have to talk about incest, and poo to get a laugh? Graig is a dud :cry: But if you go past his performance the crowd were great. :clap:

I am still trying to work out what the NRL footy show has to do with footy but its great entertainment....after having to sit through the AFL one

fieldo

Juniors
I think the players on the AFL footy show are getting pissed off with Sam Newman and his bullshit.
He neds to change direction and get back to being funny instead of a rude idiot.

NRL footy show rocks.....lets have more "no talent time" like last week......did Craig get a score from the judges :mrgreen: