What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronk to leave Storm in 2018

Hawkins

Juniors
With several premierships most of the stripped for cheating I guess its time to move on to greener pastures.

Come down south Cronk, Canberra is lovely and Sydney sucks donkey balls.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Folau, GI, Hoffman, Tolman, Maloney, and others have all been fine - bit of a myth really, just Melbourne helped some numpties over achieve

But yeah, Cronk will go ok of course, just age is an issue, injuries could come along at any time, he's been incredibly robust as well as incredibly consistent

oneil in the kangaroos, widdop and blake green doing just fine so far.

even blair found some form last year.

t-ba

Post Whore
Would laugh my arse off if he went to the Tigers and that peaheart missed out on a pay day.

Reactions: JJ

davi

Juniors
Des Hasler does his sales pitch to get Cronk to sign with the Dogs.

"Cronk announced on Tuesday morning he would not to take up the player option in his Storm contract for 2018 and instead move to Sydney to be with fiancee Tara Rushton.

Hasler held his own press conference some hours later, having re-signed with Canterbury on Monday, and was asked about the Kangaroos halfback's future.

I would be very surprised - why would Cooper Cronk come to Sydney to play rugby league?" he asked of reporters.

"You think he'll retire?" one asked back.

Hasler was quick to respond: "Yes, of course he will."

The coach did go on to say he had been on the training field and hadn't seen Cronk's press conference.

But he doubled down on his thoughts when another journalist said Cronk intends to remain an NRL player.

"Do you honestly think he'll retire?"

Yes, yeah."

Cronk does not have a Sydney club lined up but he also held back from outlining his future plans.

"I feel physically and mentally able to play for another couple of years but there's a lot to weigh up," Cronk said.

"There's my attachment to this football club for one thing; the other thing is once you're retired you're a long time retired.

"I don't have a timeline to make that decision."

"Obviously you're talking about the big four (Wests Tigers stars Moses, Brooks, James Tedesco and Aaron Woods) and people like Cooper Cronk," Hasler said in response to a question about the club's strategy.

"Any recruitment and retention committee is going to look at those players but at the moment there have been no formal approaches."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...arre-reaction-to-cooper-cronk-decision/#page1

Perth Red

Post Whore
Folau, GI, Hoffman, Tolman, Maloney, and others have all been fine -

That's the point, at Storm they looked stars and heading to be internationals, they move on and 90% of the time just become "fine"

Vozzy

Juniors
Wonder if Ivan Cleary had a word with him when he was down in Melbourne on the weekend. Everyone thought he was there to talk to his son instead went for the bigger fish.;)

davi

Juniors
Another case of contracts meaning Sweet FA?

No because Cooper Cronk had an opt out clause in the secound year of his contract. Storm didn't grant a release, Cronk chose take up the option in the contract and to move on.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
No because Cooper Cronk had an opt out clause in the secound year of his contract. Storm didn't grant a release, Cronk chose take up the option in the contract and to move on.
Thanks for the clarification Davi. I was wondering that myself.

Hawkins

Juniors
I don't like he'll go to the dogs.

Afterall he is moving for his women so they can't offer him the usual hookers deal.

Barkley

Bench
Des Hasler does his sales pitch to get Cronk to sign with the Dogs.

"Cronk announced on Tuesday morning he would not to take up the player option in his Storm contract for 2018 and instead move to Sydney to be with fiancee Tara Rushton.

Hasler held his own press conference some hours later, having re-signed with Canterbury on Monday, and was asked about the Kangaroos halfback's future.

I would be very surprised - why would Cooper Cronk come to Sydney to play rugby league?" he asked of reporters.

"You think he'll retire?" one asked back.

Hasler was quick to respond: "Yes, of course he will."

The coach did go on to say he had been on the training field and hadn't seen Cronk's press conference.

But he doubled down on his thoughts when another journalist said Cronk intends to remain an NRL player.

"Do you honestly think he'll retire?"

Yes, yeah."

Cronk does not have a Sydney club lined up but he also held back from outlining his future plans.

"I feel physically and mentally able to play for another couple of years but there's a lot to weigh up," Cronk said.

"There's my attachment to this football club for one thing; the other thing is once you're retired you're a long time retired.

"I don't have a timeline to make that decision."

"Obviously you're talking about the big four (Wests Tigers stars Moses, Brooks, James Tedesco and Aaron Woods) and people like Cooper Cronk," Hasler said in response to a question about the club's strategy.

"Any recruitment and retention committee is going to look at those players but at the moment there have been no formal approaches."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...arre-reaction-to-cooper-cronk-decision/#page1

That's a hell of a sales pitch. How could Cronk resist that? :rolleyes:

Hawkins

Juniors
Can I get tickets to his first game next year in Melbourne.

There's gunna be a lynching

davi

Juniors
Can I get tickets to his first game next year in Melbourne.

There's gunna be a lynching

Ha! I doubt it. Cooper Cronk has given long service to the Storm and is only leaving because of personal reasons. I really doubt the fans will be bitter on him for leaving and will remain in their good graces. Anyone comparing this to Sonny Bill Williams leaving the Bulldogs are kidding themselves.

Hawkins

Juniors
Ha! I doubt it. Cooper Cronk has given long service to the Storm and is only leaving because of personal reasons. I really doubt the fans will be bitter on him for leaving and will remain in their good graces. Anyone comparing this to Sonny Bill Williams leaving the Bulldogs are kidding themselves.

Meet you back here in 2018 after they boo him from the half empty stadium

The_Shield

Juniors
Speaking as a storm fan. I would never boo Cooper Cronk. I'll probably hate whatever team he goes to, but will never hate him

Latest posts