What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronk to leave Storm in 2018

Starturn

Juniors
Why would you want a Storm cheating grub in your team?

It's like wanting Lance Armstrong in your cycling team.

Storm, the manipulators of multiple salary caps and WWF.

His girlfriend is hardly anything to get excited. A shocker actually, looked like a goth vampire at the Dally Ms.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
There won't be. He has given a great service to the club and is one of the main reasons the club is in such a great position today. He has good reasons to be going and isn't breaking a contract or leaving us out to dry. I think it's a shame that he won't end up a 1 club player but it is what it is.

Feels like the end of an era. Cronk is leaving with smith and slater not far behind. Once Bellamy goes it'll be one to start a whole new era at the storm. Not sure how things will work out.

Hopefully Bellamy sticks around long enough to put together the plan for life after the big 3 (of you lost them and Bellamy all at once, youd be kind of f*cked)...

I reckon Michael Magurie would be the guy to take over afterwards too

POPEYE

Coach
If Gasnier can get a gig analysing RL, which he does a reasonable job of, Cronk has shown he has the demeanor to earn twice as much from Fox . . . better to start his media career as a magician than a rabbit in a hat

Marlins

Juniors
Hopefully Bellamy sticks around long enough to put together the plan for life after the big 3 (of you lost them and Bellamy all at once, youd be kind of f*cked)...

I reckon Michael Magurie would be the guy to take over afterwards too

Billy will go into assistant coach in the next 2 years, do a 2 year training apprenticeship with belly then take over Raines

RazorRam0n

Juniors
17799400_1477176472314425_5257212881772024439_n.jpg

GongPanther

Referee
The only reservation about a Cronk move to another club is that it will come in untried murky waters. Cronk won't have the same team mates he has had since he was 16,he won't have he same coach,and overall the same team.

A move by Cronk won't be risk free from the club that gets him there. Like coach Bennett,he will only go to a club that is on the verge to take out a title to ensure that he continues to look good to "preserve his legacy". lol.

hrundi99

First Grade

His girlfriend is hardly anything to get excited. A shocker actually, looked like a goth vampire at the Dally Ms.

Rightio...

moffla

Bench

I reckon I would have taken the bait had you not mentioned His fiance.

Any sane person can see she is the hottest WAG in Rugby League

davi

Juniors
Tigers - have resigned Luke Brooks
Souths- Mark Maguire has ruled it out.
Eels- haven't made a decision if their going to pursue him
Bulldogs- Hasler is still keen on Foran from reports, but Matty Johns has tipped Cronk to end up at the Dogs.
Retirement- Cronk price tag is reportedly 1.2 million a season in my opinion he won't retire when their is still big coin available for his services.

Yeah, he'll probably pull the pin on his playing career. I'm guessing he already has a high-end Sydney real estate portfolio.

Cronk was on NRL360 last night and he said there is no guarantee he will be playing at all next year as he is undecided what he will do. He's said he won't really make up his mind until much later in the year and he won't be considering any contract offers any time soon.

Reason I doubt he would wind up at the Roosters is that at 33, you are only going to get maybe 1-2 years out of Cronk before he is likely to retire. The Roosters have both Keary and Pearce signed on multi-year deals, they are 26 and 27 years old respectively. They already have Gordon at 33 on the books, so it is more likely the Roosters will be looking for a fullback than yet another half or five eight. if they signed Cronk,one of Pearce or Keary would need to be offloaded, and then in a year or two they'd be looking for Cronk's replacement anyway. To me the Eels, Bulldogs or Tigers look most likely destinations for Cronk, if he plays next year.

Last edited:

Starturn

Juniors
Smart thing for the Storm to do is give him an immediate release.

Once they decide to leave, team goes down.

Sharks are a special this weekend. Get on!

Latest posts