What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Taylor

POPEYE

Coach
Show me someone who can't wait to see how Dave goes and I'll show you a one-eyed wanker

Show me someone who can't wait to see how Dave goes and I'll show you a one-eyed wanker

Why would anyone be waiting to see how David goes?

That'd be like rushing home tonight to watch an episode of Mash on Fox classics when you've already seen it 15 times before.

Everyone knows what Dave Taylor is like, everyone knows what he brings to the table.

Dave Taylor is and always has been 120 kg's of Front rower bludging in the centres and trying to play like a 5/8.

On two or three occasions he's going to do something brilliant but for the rest of the year he'll be a complete plod.

POPEYE

Coach
Why would anyone be waiting to see how David goes?

That'd be like rushing home tonight to watch an episode of Mash on Fox classics when you've already seen it 15 times before.

Everyone knows what Dave Taylor is like, everyone knows what he brings to the table.

Dave Taylor is and always has been 120 kg's of Front rower bludging in the centres and trying to play like a 5/8.

On two or three occasions he's going to do something brilliant but for the rest of the year he'll be a complete plod.
There you go people . . . I promised you one

myrrh ken

First Grade
1st strike = 8 weeks. Keep up walt.

Of course there were 2 counts so technically that would mean 12 weeks

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
We are talking possession not usuage silly. Don't use ben barba as the yardstick try Corey Norman.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Guilty finding though. Guess we'll let the courts dictate the punishment. See the tricky thing is that he was still an nrl player at the time so essentially he gets off because he has the smarts to plead innocent before skipping town.

I've copped that barba has gone. Now just interested in seeing how Taylor plays out with the nrl.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Funnily enough the stock standard submission in asking for a no conviction is that it will affect chances of employment.

Then all the employee has to do is point out the no conviction and argue that the courts really didn't find it that serious.

See it all the time

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I have sympathy. I dont think Norman or Barba should have got massive suspensions either. I do think it was fair enough the NRL acted when Barba run off to french rugby because it will just be a potential escape for any player who gets a massive suspension in future.

davi

Juniors
From the reports it looks like Dave Taylor in and Shaun Fensom gone.

"Canberra coach Ricky Stuart announced he would like to offer Dave Taylor an NRL contract, but someone has to clear some room first.

The man who appears to be out the door is second-rower Shaun Fensom, who has reportedly linked up with the North Queensland Cowboys.

The Cowboys are looking for another forward after the loss of Ben Hannant and James Tamou, and the hard-hitting Fensom is a reliable option.

Raiders recruitment guru Peter Mulholland said nothing has been decided yet, although it is well regarded the Cowboys have locked him up.

"Shaun Fensom's got a couple of different offers there to look at, nothing's been decided on it yet. We'll just wait and see, it's obviously between him and his manager," Mulholland told The Canberra Times.

"You've got to look at your future and you've got to look at your future roster.

"You've got to manage your roster properly and we've got a couple of young blokes there that may come ahead of him, [we want to] give Shaun every opportunity to maintain a first-grade presence.

"It's a position we're fairly flushed in and it's not really fair on Shaun that way if he's competing and coming off contract so it's an opportunity to establish at another club."

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...aiders-contract-nrl/ceagp5q190th1wum9nvd5jy7v

Pedge1971

First Grade
From the reports it looks like Dave Taylor in and Shaun Fensom gone.

"Canberra coach Ricky Stuart announced he would like to offer Dave Taylor an NRL contract, but someone has to clear some room first.

The man who appears to be out the door is second-rower Shaun Fensom, who has reportedly linked up with the North Queensland Cowboys.

The Cowboys are looking for another forward after the loss of Ben Hannant and James Tamou, and the hard-hitting Fensom is a reliable option.

Raiders recruitment guru Peter Mulholland said nothing has been decided yet, although it is well regarded the Cowboys have locked him up.

"Shaun Fensom's got a couple of different offers there to look at, nothing's been decided on it yet. We'll just wait and see, it's obviously between him and his manager," Mulholland told The Canberra Times.

"You've got to look at your future and you've got to look at your future roster.

"You've got to manage your roster properly and we've got a couple of young blokes there that may come ahead of him, [we want to] give Shaun every opportunity to maintain a first-grade presence.

"It's a position we're fairly flushed in and it's not really fair on Shaun that way if he's competing and coming off contract so it's an opportunity to establish at another club."

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...aiders-contract-nrl/ceagp5q190th1wum9nvd5jy7v

Only a trial but they could have used some Fensom today....

simmo05

Bench
So many blokes wanted to crucify johns for partaking in a few hundred pingers (mainly qlderps) yet anyone recently who tests positive everything is all good! Keep them in the nrl, hard done by, mental health cop outs, blah blah.

DiegoNT

First Grade
So swap a bloke who doesn't have much natural talent, but makes his way to first grade with heart, hard work, grits, determination for a bloke who's naturals talented enough to be 1 of the great forwards if he puts in 50% effort, but has always been lazy

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Fensom is a first grader when your team is shit. When better quality players play with him you realise how limited in every way he is.

Fensom isn't on the outer because Dave Taylor is at the club he's in mounties because that's where guys like him belong