What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Taylor

myrrh ken

First Grade
2 weeks off for nose candy.

Gee, that seems reasonable.

Lucky it doesn't impact on his redemption story too much.

Hawkins

Juniors
The story is wrong, we didn't hire big Dave to play we hired him as a seat filler for the one time of the year 9 has us on Friday night football.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
How does this compare with Kyle Lovett getting 4 weeks for exactly the same thing?

Well for one thing, the punishment came from the Tigers.

Plus 1 of those 4 games was an Auckland Nine's game and another was a trial match. So in effect he's missing the same amount of NRL games.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Tigers suspension was obviously sanctioned by nrl. I agree that the 9s and the trial games was included to beef up the penalty to 4 weeks.

But you have to admit 2 weeks looks bad. Sets a low water mark and looks disproportionate when looking at norman, barba, etc.

davi

Juniors
I didn't realise Dave Taylor was so close to calling it quits. He wasn't even going to play in QLD Cup, he had enough being away from his daughters that after his stint in Superleague he was going to call it quits and get a real job. Some people might think thats bullocks, but the story seems true. It was when he randomly ran into Ricky Stuart in a airport things changed.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k/news-story/2ad3a8a9b24676d72154606676a01b58

Wizardman

First Grade
Despite him not making the most of his career for a long time, the man has ability. I hope he actually gives the Raiders gig a crack. He looks very fit.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I didn't realise Dave Taylor was so close to calling it quits. He wasn't even going to play in QLD Cup, he had enough being away from his daughters that after his stint in Superleague he was going to call it quits and get a real job. Some people might think thats bullocks, but the story seems true. It was when he randomly ran into Ricky Stuart in a airport things changed.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k/news-story/2ad3a8a9b24676d72154606676a01b58

So his family live in Canberra now do they ?