What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominoes 'biggest loser' range

roopy

Referee
Saw an ad for Dominoes 'biggest loser' 390 calorie pizzas last night and thought i'd give one a try.
Very small, not much cheese, and very dry - but the toppings weren't too bad.
They had other choices including an asian noodle and chicken salad at 150 calories, and a turkey meatball sandwich for 250 calories i think.
8 bucks for a pizza a third the size of a normal one was a rip off - but not completely horrible.

roopy

Referee
I should add that the dominoes 'biggest loser' pizza is pretty healthy as far as i can tell - my biggest problem being it's a rip off price wise.

Suprise suprise, its like those weight watchers meals you pay $2-$3 extra for that are half the size.

Domino's is sh*t anyway eagle boys is the best of that bad bunch.

adamkungl

Immortal
Saw an ad for Dominoes 'biggest loser' 390 calorie pizzas last night and thought i'd give one a try.
Very small, not much cheese, and very dry - but the toppings weren't too bad.
They had other choices including an asian noodle and chicken salad at 150 calories, and a turkey meatball sandwich for 250 calories i think.
8 bucks for a pizza a third the size of a normal one was a rip off - but not completely horrible.

$8? :lol: f**k me, with online ordering or a voucher a normal large pizza is the same price.

Sounds like those 'Mars Red' bars that recently came out...half the fat of a normal Mars Bar. They don't mention in the ads that its close to half the size.

Solid

Juniors
I noticed the other day that Dominoes 'Large' pizza, is quite 'Small'.

If you were remotely serious about dieting you would stay the heck away from pizza and other take away.

Sure they might provide a healthy alternative. But if your aiming for weight loss, you can definitely do better than a Dominoes pizza.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
But if your aiming for weight loss, you can definitely do better than a Dominoes pizza.
I'm not on a diet, but if i were, i could fit it in a few times a week if the mood took me.
A 390 calorie meal made of pretty healthy ingredients works for me.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Any fat f**k trying to lose weight by eating pizza needs their head read.

That's not really the point - an overweight person probably got to that stage courtesy of foods such as pizza. So providing a healthy, low calorie option it will help them get on track.

You've probably never been overweight and then set on to lose it. But it's hard enough to do, as it usually involves lifestyle changes. This option is trying to minimise that impact.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suprise suprise, its like those weight watchers meals you pay $2-$3 extra for that are half the size.

Domino's is sh*t anyway eagle boys is the best of that bad bunch.

It's a specially-desgined meal; it has a specific amount of calories and nutrients in it. Of course it's going to be smaller. You can't make a regular size pizza and pass it off as a low calorie option.

However, I can't really justify the $7.95 price tag.

Nikki

Coach
Any fat f**k trying to lose weight by eating pizza needs their head read.

Well surely you'd hope they wouldnt try and lose weight by living on it. But if a "fat f**k" like myself was at a mates place and we decided to order Pizza, its nice to know there are options out there that arent as full of fat as the normal pizza's and I can still be social and not a boring ol calorie counter (which other people get sick of rather quickly).

In saying that, any store bought pizza is sh*t and I dont like em anyways. lol. Home made pizza FTW. Like I had for dinner tonight! :D

fish eel

Immortal
Crust Pizza have some heart foundation tick pizzas.

A whole range of them.

They dont seem to be as cheesy or greasy as your normal pizza, and are certainly better quality than any dominos rubbish.

there's one on church st nikki not far from the oak.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well surely you'd hope they wouldnt try and lose weight by living on it. But if a "fat f**k" like myself was at a mates place and we decided to order Pizza, its nice to know there are options out there that arent as full of fat as the normal pizza's and I can still be social and not a boring ol calorie counter (which other people get sick of rather quickly).

I think I'd rather just eat a normal pizza than go through the embarrassment of ordering a Biggest Loser pizza if that situation arose...how would that not be being a calorie counter?

Johns Magic

Referee
Crust Pizza have some heart foundation tick pizzas.

A whole range of them.

They dont seem to be as cheesy or greasy as your normal pizza, and are certainly better quality than any dominos rubbish.

there's one on church st nikki not far from the oak.

Yeah they sponsor my footy club so we get Crust pizzas every week after training. Quality, and you can tell they're not as greasy as the big franchises.

Johns Magic

Referee
That's not really the point - an overweight person probably got to that stage courtesy of foods such as pizza. So providing a healthy, low calorie option it will help them get on track.

I think it's more likely to delude overweight people that they can cut corners in trying to losing weight. Which is not the right message.

If you seriously want to lose weight, which is exactly what this range is targeting by definition, you should man up and do it the right way.

You've probably never been overweight and then set on to lose it. But it's hard enough to do, as it usually involves lifestyle changes. This option is trying to minimise that impact.

An overweight person trying to lose weight should just have the discipline not to want pizza. Those who do are clearly not legit about improving themselves.

Nikki

Coach
How tho? They are not forcing ANYONE, big or small, to eat it. Its just nice to have options now, and I think its a good thing tbh.

adamkungl

Immortal
johns magic im sure a couple of pieces of pizza wont do any harm, nor would a whole low calorie pizza. It's all about energy input v output, less calories is good whether its pizza or vegies.

Valderon

Juniors
I think it's more likely to delude overweight people that they can cut corners in trying to losing weight. Which is not the right message.

If you seriously want to lose weight, which is exactly what this range is targeting by definition, you should man up and do it the right way.

An overweight person trying to lose weight should just have the discipline not to want pizza. Those who do are clearly not legit about improving themselves.

I agree

I tremendously dislike fast-food organisations that place a simple marketing slogan on their products to lure people who should be learning self disciplne, control, and nutritional awareness into blindly buying a "healthier pizza" - which is likely still a poor option, though an option that the overweight person will make with "less guilt" - even though they shouldn't be making that choice at all.

People like to hear what they want to hear. If you tell them there is a light and healthy Pizza option, they'll take it as gospel; irrespective of reality.

Nikki

Coach
But if you tell a "fat" person, who basically lives on take away foods that from now on you can only eat rabbit food, no variations, then they wont stick to it. Im not saying that it becomes part of their daily diet. Im saying, if out in social situations, its nice to have a lower calorie option. If your mates are sittin around eatin pizza, watchin the footy, your not gunna sit there with your bowl of chopped up carrots on your lap. As long as you allow for that extra calorie intake into your daily plan you should be ok.

Latest posts