What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominoes 'biggest loser' range

Shorty

Staff member
When i was young anyone over 80kg was fat.
Anyone over 100kg was massive.
Anyone over 110kg was a circus freak.

Those weights are almost normal now - and it's because food is very different - nothing to do with people being lazy, slothful, whatever else you dream up.

I saw some footage of the 1956 Maitland flood the other day, and the dozens of people they showed were all skinny - not a one over 80kg that i could see. Walk down the street of Maitland now and some of the 12 year olds are over 80kg.

People are not changing - the difference is the amount and type of food we have - not that most young people are slobs.

We still have all those foods from back then today, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying that because there are fattier alternatives now that it's ok to let yourself get fat and unhealthy?

Roopy's right, there has been massive increases in fast food over the last 50 years.
Add to this that the roles of the household have changed as have the lives of the children in them.
So as a result now we have a boom of readily available, cheap foods for working parents for children yearning for attention because they rarely visit the outside world for longer than a few hours nowadays.
The outcome is overweight people, women are working now (instead doing physical housework of at home), men are working longer hours and children are now usually indoors due to a combination of technology and fearful parents.

And then we have large families, where the bad habits and predisposed genes are passed down.

It's an epidemic.
Your comments JM (and anyone else speaking similar), while in theory are logical, they're extremely harsh and well...ignorant and to be completely honest...like a meathead grunting and hogging the equipment, you're (or already have) probably intimidating the f**k out of anyone that is overweight and wants to enquire about things on here.

Just because you have a fantastic attitude and work your *ss off and seriously good on you but that doesn't mean that everyone else is going to and that doesn't mean you have to have such an elitist attitude either.
Losing weight is hard it takes years to actually get into a proper routine and maintain a perfect diet and activity level.
And that's not getting into people who have struggled with weight all their lives.

I know this sounds lame, but people that are taking these steps should be encouraged and not actually labeled careless profanities.

Last edited: