What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Bradman Cricket 17

Rabbits20

Immortal
Got mine on pre order from the Gamesmen.

They are releasing it earlier than other retailers.

16th December at the Gamesmen for $78.

Probably won't get it until something like the 20th of December though as I'm busy.

Let's hope it's an improvement on DB 2014. It will be hard to top it though.

I think it's gonna have women's cricket on it too and apparently it's a slower version (I guess we'd expect that)and harder to play shots.

I am looking forward to career mode starting at local level.

I do feel from a few videos I've seen that the graphics are worse than DB 2014.

Will be a good Christmas gift for many I would imagine.

I currently am still playing DB 2014 and loving it.

Arnold

Juniors
Picked it up today. But not from gamesmen. Paid extra but can't be assed going to penshurst

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wow...batting is much harder in this game, imo.

But the bowling has been improved (not that it was bad to start with).

I'm liking it so far.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I'm liking it so far.
Haven't got mine yet but the batting was challenging enough in the DB 14. Especially at ODI level it was hard.

God help me lol if the 17 version is harder to bat.

In the 14 version I found the best way to score runs was to score at a strike rate of about 150.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Are you just playing single matches currently Eelementary to get the feel of it????/practicing in the nets.

AJB1102

First Grade

I'm liking it so far.

I actually found bowling a bit easier overall so if batting is harder I'll be stuffed.

I could go on a tonk every now and then with the bat it wasn't consistent. I could find a line & length with some variation that would do me well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I actually found bowling a bit easier overall so if batting is harder I'll be stuffed.

I could go on a tonk every now and then with the bat it wasn't consistent. I could find a line & length with some variation that would do me well.

The bowling is a bit different, but it's still great.

With the batting, I'm finding I am playing shots off the right foot, playing the right shot and timing it well - but the ball hardly goes into the gaps in play it into.

It will take some getting used to, but it's still good.

Pommy

Coach
Just been out and braved all the festive morons to pick this up. Never played a cricket game before so not sure what to expect.
One thing to note R20 it has a 1.3gb update file so might be worth sticking the disc in and getting it going so when you do have time to play you don't have to wait for that.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I did the tutorials, and went straight into a career.

In my first match - a 4 day match - I scored 49 off 89 balls.
Did you have to start your career at local level?????

49 is very good for your first go.

Did you try slogging it lol????

Rabbits20

Immortal
I haven't played. Just read the manual I found it an exciting addition as I found ones and twos were a bit random at times.

Shame it doesn't seem to do anything.
Does it come with a manual, or do you have to view it online???