What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Supporters Reject Board Plan for 2017

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I hereby reject the St George Illawarra Board plan for 2017 and ask all fellow supporters to do the same via this forum or a separate paper petition.

This is a public vote of no confidence in the StGeorge Illawarra Board.

We must table our formal petition to the NRL and to the StGeorgeIllawarra Board.

Please get involved if you care about the club. None of us want the club to die but if change doesn't happen I would rather it did.

Let's remind the Board that the supporter is their most important customer. In business, when a customer is not happy either change must be made to the satisfaction of the customer or you lose the customer.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
What a sad day. I think one day we will look back on this decision and mark it as the turning point in this clubs history

Coffs dragon

Bench
I agree with this! Everyone please do not renew your membership.
I agree and unfortunately this maybe the only way these imbeciles in charge get the point. The last petition to sack McGreggor only got some 1600 signatures and died, so people power need to protest through non attendance at games until change is actioned. Money speaks louder than words and the lack of it may drive the collapse of the emperor and herald a new Dragons era.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I agree and unfortunately this maybe the only way these imbeciles in charge get the point. The last petition to sack McGreggor only got some 1600 signatures and died, so people power need to protest through non attendance at games until change is actioned. Money speaks louder than words and the lack of it may drive the collapse of the emperor and herald a new Dragons era.
I agree with this strategy. As I said, if customer is not happy they will spend their money elsewhere.

Everyone I know have cancelled and as sad as that is to do...::it is the only way to drive change.

Everyone should call the club and cancel and show them people matter.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Definately not renewing my membership. What an insult this is to the fans. They basically have accepted criticism and done nothing about what the criiticism is about. Pathetic. How hearless is this mob? They just basically said in 1 sentence we agree we are terrible and thanks for the criticism but we are doing nothing that you want us to do to fix it. I can't see how these 4 positions are going to improve our performance on the field when the clueless coach has no tactics? Please explain?

Pretty easy, replace the coach. So Benji and Rein are the scapegoats for a poor season? Mary said everyone predicted us to be last so he is happy we finished 11th. Guess what, everyone will tip us to be last again because of Mary being our coach and going through our useless methods on the field ala 2016 so finishing anything above 14 will again be a pass for this board.

This talk about Saints not having the cash to pay out his contract? Well they just created 4 high class positions which would carry high salaries so that is an absolute myth in terms of being poor. They have cash but are throwing it away.

They can see Mary has a great NRL coaching career ahead of him. How? Can they please explain? You can't just bring out that statement with no supporting comments after it.

How can anyone look at 2017 with any confidence after yesterday's announcement. It's going to be a Looooong season? AGAIN. That will be 5 out of 6 crap seasons. That is after winning a comp in 2010.

By the fans having a backlash this will jeopordise our recruitment as nobody will want to come to a team where the fans hate the club but hey, the club has brought that on themselves. We are not to blame they are.

Dea

Juniors
The club might be accepting the criticism (political speech) but are not taking any action to address the coach who is responsible for the teams performance. As evidenced by so few tries scored our attacking structures are poor, and as often commented on during the season we play slow, without precision, without any variety and don't have players running alternative lines. Our defence is in decline as is the performance of the majority of players. All of this cannot be all attributed to Benji and Rein who appear to be the unspoken scapegoats.

I'm really concerned that the actions of the club re McGregor will continue beyond 2017. To suggest "McGregor has a great NRL coaching career ahead of him" is frightening! The only real fact is that McGregor as an NRL coach has a poor record behind him!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints will kill it next year. Benji and Rein are gone. They ran the club, implemented the attacking structures and were solely responsible for the year. Now that they are gone Mary can now implement his ideas and Saints will be a force again...................YEAH RIGHT.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Two more members gone here, don't mind the rah rash after seeing how we play. Anyway, says it all fellas "Mark Coyne is a great friend of Mary". That will do me for Coyne also, he has lost my respect not listening to the supporters. Mary will get an extension now, cannot understand why they need this great committee if Mary is a bright nil coach. Yep, the board takes it both ways.

BennyV

Referee
Two more members gone here, don't mind the rah rash after seeing how we play. Anyway, says it all fellas "Mark Coyne is a great friend of Mary". That will do me for Coyne also, he has lost my respect not listening to the supporters. Mary will get an extension now, cannot understand why they need this great committee if Mary is a bright nil coach. Yep, the board takes it both ways.
Coyne is a businessman first; at this point, I'd like to believe that he would do what is needed, especially getting rid of Mary. He seems to have already put more responsibility at the feet of Doust and McGregor than anyone else.

Best case scenario, he is 'good friends' with Mary the same way Mary was 'good friends' with Price.

thebigredv

First Grade
Worst thing that can happen is a repeat of 2015 when we won games when others were just warming up and an extension will follow. I know I sound fickle but we've never beaten good opposition with McGregor in charge.

pfrano

Juniors
Good. All of you that are not renewing your membership disappear.

Everyone is entitled to their say but draw the line and get on with life.

Decision made by the club. Maybe I'm not totally satisfied with it but I'm going to live with it.

Now for me the focus is on supporting my club and the players for another year without the griping.

Saintsified

Bench

Decision made by the club. Maybe I'm not totally satisfied with it but I'm going to live with it.

Now for me the focus is on supporting my club and the players for another year without the griping.
Enjoy the pain

How long ago was this bullshit committee bandied together.. 2 weeks?

McGregor was dead .. Everyone knew it.. Even he knew it.. The role was offered to another as speculated.. It was knocked back due the the complete basket case we are from top to bottom.

So then the 'three card monte' gets a run.. Where's the coach, no not there, not there, Here he is.

This deceit was crafted very quickly on the run to smokescreen the fact they were knocked back.

Well it hasn't worked.. Joe Public smells a rat and now they are leaving in droves.

A committee is a group of unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

Pfrano

Assume your name is short for paranoid?

Why must unhappy supporters disappear?

We are actually the ones demonstrating courage and fighting for what is best for the club and we are refusing to accept mediocrity.

Remember the Board are appointed to SERVE the club (not themselves). Supporters have the power and we are entitled to voice that power.

Sorry to burst your world but we will never Dissapear unless this incompetent Board sends us the same way as Newtown and North Sydney.

Latest posts