What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Team 2014

Tigers Tale

Juniors
1. Simona
2. Richards
3. Lawrence
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Blair
11. Fulton (to cover injuries in backs)
12. Paterson
13. Sue

14. Galloway
15. BMM
16. Taupau
17. Ava.S

I want Siro to bulk up and play in the forwards 2014/15

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why move Lawrence and Nofoaluma to the side of the field they can't play on?

can't believe people are dumping Nofoaluma & picking Koroibete.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Why move Lawrence and Nofoaluma to the side of the field they can't play on?

If you are referring to the team I put on paper I wouldn't, I'd have Lawrence and Koro on the left side. It was just naming a team...

TYGA

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Koro
3. Nofoluma
4. Simona
5. Richards
6. Sirro
7. Brooks
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Blair
11. Woods
12. Sue
13. Fulton

Bench:
Taupau
BMM
Moses
Halatau

BrotherJim05

Bench
How can people be picking Koro ahead of Nufo? Nufo is a far better player than Koro and im pretty sure his preferred position is wing.
Boggles my mind

tiger102

Juniors
1 - Tedesco
2 - Richards
3 - Simona
4 - Lawrence
5 - Nofouluma
6 - Austin
7 - Brooks
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Blair
11 - Sue
12 - Fulton
13 - Gavet

14 - Sironen
15 - Taupau
16 - Galloway
17 - BMM/Paterson

gordsy

Juniors
I read some where that Tedesco has been carrying a broken bone in his leg for two months {non weight bearing area} It was supposed to rule him out for the season but he elected to play on. If his recovery extends into next season we may see Richards at full back.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Tiger102 has picked Gavet at lock. I seriously considered this guy but haven't seen him play that much recently, certainly not since his return from injury.

Has anyone got any updates on his progress/form since returning from the foot injury.

Thanks.....

Gee, just looked at my team again - I certainly didn't mean to have Koroibete in before Nofoaluma, too much copy n paste hence I had Koro named twice.

Nofoaluma in starting 13 for me.

Matchball

Bench
Right on , has not done anything special. very weak and starting to look like you know who

I just dont get what people see in him. He hasn't shown anything spectacular, he just does the basics well.
We need a weapon fullback.

Given the way we have performed in 2013 i dont think a lot of players can feel confident they will be automatic selections next season.Considering the WT have signed Richards,Lulia,Austin,Paterson,Tapau and Halatau under Potters rule,i would assume these players will be in line for selection ahead of some of our current crop.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Given the way we have performed in 2013 i dont think a lot of players can feel confident they will be automatic selections next season.Considering the WT have signed Richards,Lulia,Austin,Paterson,Tapau and Halatau under Potters rule,i would assume these players will be in line for selection ahead of some of our current crop.

Mate you're basing that on the Sheens era when rejects were named week, week out.

There'll be competition for spots in every position bar the halves as I see it.

If there's one or two top 25 spots left you'd hope at least one of them would go to a playmaker.

Sirro and Moses aren't first choice options

BrotherJim05

Bench
There'll be competition for spots in every position bar the halves as I see it.

You make a good point. I reckon Potter will start the pre-season training by telling everyone that all spots (beside Farah's) are up for grabs. Best performers in off season will get the spot.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Regarding Tedesco...this is just nonsense.

He didn't even get a full pre-season of training and this year was pretty much his debut season. He was given a simple job and if you evaluate him on the games where he looked to have a lot of confidence then you can see the enormous potential we have here.

He would be my first choice at Fullback.

Tiger05

First Grade

I've said before that I want him to do a better job but at the end of the day I agree that he has to be the first choice fullback. He really goes all game and it is a tough position. He can play out wide in attack and ball play a little as well as put in a little kick. He is also pretty safe at the back.

Big man

Juniors
1 - Tedesco
2 - Richards
3 - Simona
4 - Lawrence
5 - Nofouluma
6 - Austin
7 - Brooks
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Blair
11 - Sue
12 - Fulton
13 - Gavet

14 - Sironen
15 - Taupau
16 - Galloway
17 - BMM/Paterson

Not really a dream team, very inexperienced in the backs and no grunt in the forwards.

Matchball

Bench
Regarding Tedesco...this is just nonsense.

He didn't even get a full pre-season of training and this year was pretty much his debut season. He was given a simple job and if you evaluate him on the games where he looked to have a lot of confidence then you can see the enormous potential we have here.

Fair enough with the injury but we need someone stronger in the position.
He looks like a pimply teenager playing amongst men. He is small.
I haven't seen any real pace or strength to break the line or fend players, he just curls up and then gets to his feet slowly.
All the top teams have have the gun fullback. It's safe to say he is in the bottom 3 of the fullbacks in the NRL.

rex2ce

Juniors
1 Richards
2 Nofouluma
3 Lawrence
4 Lulia
5 Simona
6 Austin
7 Brooks
8 Tapau
9 Farah
10 Blair
11 Paterson
12 BMM
13 Sue

14 Fulton
15 Galloway
16 Woods
17 Bell

Tedesco and Koribete back to reggies to hone their skills and Sironen also to learn backrowers play.

Tapau, and Richards would have signed to play first grade and Corey Paterson will offer plenty , assuming his head is in the right place.

magpie guy

Juniors
1 Teddy
2 Nofouluma
3 Simona
4 Lawrence
5 Richards
6 Austin/Siro
7 Brooks
8 Woods
9 Farah
10 Galloway
11 Fulton
12 Blair
13 Sue

14 Paterson
15 BMM
16 Siro/Austin
17 Ava/Taupau

18. Halatau
19. Ava/Taupau
20. Gavet
21. Koro

Still question marks on a number of players. If Teddy or Lawrence do not show a marked improvement in terms of injury/form then Koro comes in and the backline is shuffled slightly (Simona to left centre or fullback with Nofo moving to right centre with Richards outside him).

Not sure on Austin and Paterson but they seem to show promise. Siro/Austin from the bench can either come on in the second row or swap 5/8-second row duties. Will be interesting to see how Austin goes. Paterson subs into the second row for whoever needs a rest with Siro and Blair both able to cover lock duties.

BMM can come into the game either at second row (pushing Blair to prop if required) or prop and provide impact with his runs. I have been impressed with his work at prop recently and would prefer him to remain in the prop rotation next season.

Latest posts