What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drew Hutchison back ?

Drag Queen

Bench
Hang your heads in shame with these comments. He is one of our juniors. Stick up for Dufty all you want but you give Drew nothing. Disappointed.
Apparently not fit OD according to some. Read a couple of posts. We say we take care of our young. Bullshit.

BennyV

Referee
Because he's only just coming back a severe leg injury! Agility and speed weren't exactly his fortae to begin with, they will be worse off now and these comebacks go a lot further than just healing the leg - he needs to build strength and stability in the knee, match fitness, get all his timing back, and so on. Will be lucky to finish the season in the starting side of NSW Cup.

Next year, he should be a handy 2nd drop for the halves if Widdop, Hunt or Mann go down. But he'll have Jai Field nipping at his heels and he still has a long road to go back to first grade if he ever gets there. He'd also have a tough time reinventing himself as a ball-playing lock with JDB excelling so heavily and Sele adapting to first grade the way he is.

It's a brutal sport and a real shame that he went from potentially starting halfback to an iffy footy career, but that's just how it is - just ask Kyle Stanley and Cameron King! It's nothing to do with not being good enough, it's just rotten luck. I can't see Hutch becoming a consistent first grader at the Dragons.

The Damo

Juniors
Now I don't get that.
At the start of the year he was slated as the starting half, in front of McCantkick.
Injury before the first game ruined that.
So he was good enough at the start of the year, hasn't played, why is he not now good enough for a two year extension?
In one of the updates a while ago Millward said there was an offer on the table for him, they'd had discussions with him about his future and they wanted to sign him. So looks like you agree with him :)

Walpole

Juniors
Hey, there's an idea.
The clubs a little short on cash, maybe McGregor could auction off the 17 jumper every week to the highest bidder, best seat in the house to watch the Dragons fold like a deck of cards.
Most sensible idea I've read on here in ages. And there's always a chance McCrone will get injured during a game and some 50 year old fat bloke will come off the bench and start putting perfectly weighted kicks into the in-goal.

Drag Queen

Bench
Because he's only just coming back a severe leg injury! Agility and speed weren't exactly his fortae to begin with, they will be worse off now and these comebacks go a lot further than just healing the leg - he needs to build strength and stability in the knee, match fitness, get all his timing back, and so on. Will be lucky to finish the season in the starting side of NSW Cup.

Next year, he should be a handy 2nd drop for the halves if Widdop, Hunt or Mann go down. But he'll have Jai Field nipping at his heels and he still has a long road to go back to first grade if he ever gets there. He'd also have a tough time reinventing himself as a ball-playing lock with JDB excelling so heavily and Sele adapting to first grade the way he is.

It's a brutal sport and a real shame that he went from potentially starting halfback to an iffy footy career, but that's just how it is - just ask Kyle Stanley and Cameron King! It's nothing to do with not being good enough, it's just rotten luck. I can't see Hutch becoming a consistent first grader at the Dragons.
He's twice the size of Field BennyV. Not as quick granted, but he brings defence that Field will never have. Brutal, yes given his injury. You bring up plenty of good points though and I put it down to pure bad luck. I'm not writing him off just yet. Cheers.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He's twice the size of Field BennyV. Not as quick granted, but he brings defence that Field will never have. Brutal, yes given his injury. You bring up plenty of good points though and I put it down to pure bad luck. I'm not writing him off just yet. Cheers.

Hutchisons future lies somewhere between Hunt/Widdop and (rumoured) a 1yr extension.

blacksafake

First Grade
Most sensible idea I've read on here in ages. And there's always a chance McCrone will get injured during a game and some 50 year old fat bloke will come off the bench and start putting perfectly weighted kicks into the in-goal.
You've almost described me (add more years) but without the perfect kicking game:D

BennyV

Referee
I should clarify - my original comment was with reference to this year, and he'll be underdone with game time to be able to fill the void in first grade.

That said, I predicted when he made his injury that he wont be a consistent first grader as a result of pure bad luck and I stand by that. This year was his opportunity to make his mark, and its gone. It's a terrible shame for the kid, but thats the game/world we live in. There are more talented youngster than he who havent made it, and less talented youngster than him who've made a career out of footy. It just happens.

Eastview

Juniors
Not NRL standard. If he is our backup next year and either Hunt/Widdop get injured we will be in a worse position than we are this year with McCrone.

Drag Queen

Bench
I should clarify - my original comment was with reference to this year, and he'll be underdone with game time to be able to fill the void in first grade.

That said, I predicted when he made his injury that he wont be a consistent first grader as a result of pure bad luck and I stand by that. This year was his opportunity to make his mark, and its gone. It's a terrible shame for the kid, but thats the game/world we live in. There are more talented youngster than he who havent made it, and less talented youngster than him who've made a career out of footy. It just happens.
Fair call. I'm a bias fan and wish he had a fair chance. We'll never know.

Drag Queen

Bench
I must be the only McCtone fan on this thread. F**ks up sometime but who doesn't. Same people that blamed Marshall ad Rein for all our woes. Funny that they are thriving at their new clubs under different coaches. Shoot me now.

Drag Queen

Bench

Can I ask which youngsters you are alluding to? I know Drew is attending Uni and I'm fairly sure he'll get a gig with ESL. Brains and brawn. I'm sure he'll figure it out. I may be a chick but I know the NRL is hard to crack and I wish him luck.