What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drew Hutchison back ?

Eastview

Juniors
It's people like you that piss me off. Didn't get a chance due to an injury.
Yes he hasn't played this year through injury but every time he has previously played 1st grade (either trials or regular season) he has failed miserably... you people have short memories

Drag Queen

Bench
Marshall plays 10 minutes a game and Rein is playing reserve grade?
Info: Rein played 3 games when Wallace was out with injury. Nailed it too. Even in ISP Rein was given the nod week in an and week out. Benji , whether he plays 10 minuites or 20 he has has an impact. Makes you wonder about the coaches and the fact that both these guys were our scapegoats. Just a thought.

dragoninmexico

Juniors
Whilst he didn’t set the world on fire last year I thought in those last two games for the cutters he was very good and showed a good passing and kicking game which why lack in that position this year.

Also in the final when the game was on the line he really stood up so I was keen to see how he progressed this year with the first grade team.

I think with the way the forward pack has been playing most games and with Widdop in great form he could have had a good season.

We will never know though and it’s a tough injury to come back from with immediate results.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yes he hasn't played this year through injury but every time he has previously played 1st grade (either trials or regular season) he has failed miserably... you people have short memories
Last year had a run against parra I think it was played well . scored a try .maybe you guys need to go to opsm

Last edited:

Ed Alzate

Juniors
I am glad to see he is off the injured list. His injury will take some time to overcome mentally but if it works out he will be a good cover for our halves next year. I personally thought due to his size he could have a future as a 13 or even in the second row, I guess time will tell.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Wow he scored a try.... sign him up for life... $1million a year for the next 10 years sounds like a bargain for someone who scored a try!
Your entitled to your opinion Mr eastview even if it is uninformed and devoid of reason.but you know what .on this forum we let anyone speak even you and Lizzie so go for it .maybe you and Lizzie can get MARRIED.

Splinters

Juniors
2014 and 2015 state of origin NSW Half back .DREW HUTCHISON .I guess you get selected 2 years in a row because you have no f**kin talent.

I feel the same way. He wasn't selected for those positions - 2 years in a row - because he is some kind of football joke. And junior Kangaroos against junior Kiwis. Must have no talent at all. It's a bad injury he's got, but this is not like the 1960s where such an injury ended your career. And he now has till next February to keep working on it.

Yes, next year, he will have two high class halves ahead of him. But if one of them slips on the soap in the bathtub - consider how JT has been put out for the year - wouldn't he be a good covering player at least?

Of course Dufty has his laurels too. But has Jai Field been picked for NSW or Australia or for the U20s Team of the Year? I am not aware of that.

I don't always agree with selectors, but I have only seen a little of Hutchinson so I have to go on his record and it is pretty good! Is it really likely that so many lifelong pros close to the game have misread Drew Hutchinson so completely, having watched him closely for a number of seasons?

Old Timer

Coach
Wow he scored a try.... sign him up for life... $1million a year for the next 10 years sounds like a bargain for someone who scored a try!
Face facts no one has seen enough of Hutch to make a judgement as to how he would go with regular NRL appearances.
However it is far easier to make a positive statement about his prospects on the basis of what he delivered in juniors and lower grades than it is to provide a negative point of view on the very limited opportunities he has had in NRL under a coach and game plan that is chronically less than decent.
Your irrational statement above just highlights how much people are willing to exaggerate something in an effort to paint them in bad light.
Hutch would have signed on for low $$$ and would be better value for those $$$ than half the shit we have retained in reggies or brought to play reggies.
Masoe, KFFL, Mc Carthy, Marketo, Matthews would all represent lower value for money than Hutch and I daresay you could very well add Mc Crone in to the equation as well.

Splinters

Juniors
And the fact that Drew is a junior is also a positive in my view. Personally, as the game moves further and further from its local roots, there seems to be little point in barracking for one team over another because doesn't it just become a case of - as Seinfeld expressed it - rooting for laundry?

Some guy who has no connection with the district turns out in Red and White and I should care?

Yeh, it has been a long time like this, and it has bothered me a long time - but I was trained to red and white as a kid - my "splinters" come from sitting on those benches under the old score board and seeing bald-headed Poppa Clay pick up a guy and spear him into the ground in a tackle that today would put him out for the season.

So I favor our juniors. Sue me.

Drag Queen

Bench
Short memory? He only played a couple of games in FG. Remember???

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons have right back-line mix: Nightingale

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

3 Aug 2017, 11 a.m.
r0_0_3460_2307_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BACK: Drew Hutchison will return from injury next week. Picture: Adam McLean

DRAGONS youngster Drew Hutchison will end a long, frustrating stint on the sidelines when he returns for Illawarra next weekend.

The Albion Park-Oak Flats junior was locked in to fill the Benji Marshall void at halfback this season before pre-Christmas ACL tear stopped him in his tracks.

Surgery was expected to rule him out for the season but club performance boss Nathan Pickworth confirmed on Thursday that his return is imminent, welcome news for coach Paul McGregor.

“That’s a real positive for Drew because of the work he’s put in to get back for the back-end of the year, and it also gives us a bit more depth around the halves,” McGregor said.

“He’s done a lot of work, he’s in good shape and he’s had no complications with his knee along the way, so it’ll be nice to see him out there playing again.

“As far as I know he’d like to stay at the club and we’d like him to stay at the club so, at the moment, it’s about getting out there, playing some footy and having confidence in himself after such a serious injury.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4828858/young-gun-to-make-return/?cs=3713

Coach McGreagor went on to say "I'd like to give him a run in first grade, but at the start of the year I typed the names of the first grade team onto an excel spread sheet and for the life of me I can't work out how to edit it, so I guess we are kinda stuck with that squad"

Drag Queen

Bench
Dragons have right back-line mix: Nightingale

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

3 Aug 2017, 11 a.m.
r0_0_3460_2307_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BACK: Drew Hutchison will return from injury next week. Picture: Adam McLean

DRAGONS youngster Drew Hutchison will end a long, frustrating stint on the sidelines when he returns for Illawarra next weekend.

The Albion Park-Oak Flats junior was locked in to fill the Benji Marshall void at halfback this season before pre-Christmas ACL tear stopped him in his tracks.

Surgery was expected to rule him out for the season but club performance boss Nathan Pickworth confirmed on Thursday that his return is imminent, welcome news for coach Paul McGregor.

“That’s a real positive for Drew because of the work he’s put in to get back for the back-end of the year, and it also gives us a bit more depth around the halves,” McGregor said.

“He’s done a lot of work, he’s in good shape and he’s had no complications with his knee along the way, so it’ll be nice to see him out there playing again.

“As far as I know he’d like to stay at the club and we’d like him to stay at the club so, at the moment, it’s about getting out there, playing some footy and having confidence in himself after such a serious injury.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4828858/young-gun-to-make-return/?cs=3713
Cheers Getsmarty.

Latest posts