What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan contract to Fifita

Frank Facer

First Grade
Any idea what his existing contract is BTN?

Let's not forget the Bulldogs fiasco trying to get him. It was BIG dollars then
Canterbury signed Fifita for a reported 850K a season. Then Easts said that they offered more? As it turned out only about 400K of that contract was included in the salary cap, which means guaranteed by the NRL, the other 450K was TPA's, which would not have been guaranteed by the NRL. That is how Canterbury, Easts and Brisbane pretty much always get their man.

St Georgio

Juniors
Moderator please delete this thread as we have some extremely special people here and I am very concerned for there psychological well being!

Walpole

Juniors
I was going to start a thread along the lines of...

How about we build a time machine, travel back to the sixties and sign Norm Provan for 100k, he'll be over the moon about that sort of coin and we'll still have most of "Dugan's money" left over.

But then I realised that's absurd.

We have enough second rowers.

RedVDave

First Grade
He's not off contract until next year from memory (def not this year) but would I sign him? Hell Yeah! In a heart beat how the Tigs let him go to this day I'll never understand.

saintsarealive1

Juniors
I dont think our club management like Fifita... and he dont like us either!

If he ever leaves the Sharks he will go somewhere like the grubs, rorters or donkeys.

A place that grubs can call home.

We are not called the SAINTS for no reason.

The last first grade player who was ever in trouble with us was Gaz, for sexting to some shiela pre origin.

We dont have many rocks around Jubilee where Fifita could live under

Harsh? ....Truth.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
He was offered to Dragons early last year when he was going through hell but Dragons said no! i know his manager very well - he will be seeking a release from Sharks next year and asking for a $1M - hes very upset w Sharks as they have put him under a bus 3 times so far with their non sup[port...
1. Driving incident road rage
2. His support for noted killer Loveridge
3. Junior Football incident
4. Not supporting his brother David and his subsequent move to UK

Derp

BringTheNoise

Juniors
SHARKS TO KEEP FIFITA
CRONULLA have started negotiations to extend NSW Origin hero Andrew Fifita’sdeal beyond next season. While Fifita is not off contract until the end of 2018 when his four-year deal expires, the Sharks have moved to lock up the 27-year before he hits the open market.

Fifita and fellow Origin stars Boyd Cordner and Josh Papalii loom as the top forwards becoming free agents next year. Fifita could command up to $1 million a season should his devastating form continue.

Only North Queensland weapon Jason Taumalolo — who signed a 10-year, $10 million deal — can match Fifita’s explosiveness. It is understood negotiations between Fifita and the club are progressing well, but neither side is in any great rush.

While Fifita’s off-field antics have been questionable, his form since leading Cronulla to a premiership glory is irresistible. It could have been different for both parties had the rich deal he agreed upon with Canterbury had gone ahead for the 2015 season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/95fa882c3034ca6d5f773c22f4024655

hazzbeen

Bench
SHARKS TO KEEP FIFITA
CRONULLA have started negotiations to extend NSW Origin hero Andrew Fifita’sdeal beyond next season. While Fifita is not off contract until the end of 2018 when his four-year deal expires, the Sharks have moved to lock up the 27-year before he hits the open market.

Fifita and fellow Origin stars Boyd Cordner and Josh Papalii loom as the top forwards becoming free agents next year. Fifita could command up to $1 million a season should his devastating form continue.

Only North Queensland weapon Jason Taumalolo — who signed a 10-year, $10 million deal — can match Fifita’s explosiveness. It is understood negotiations between Fifita and the club are progressing well, but neither side is in any great rush.

While Fifita’s off-field antics have been questionable, his form since leading Cronulla to a premiership glory is irresistible. It could have been different for both parties had the rich deal he agreed upon with Canterbury had gone ahead for the 2015 season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/95fa882c3034ca6d5f773c22f4024655
Well good for them....