What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastern Suburbs are dead - RIP

Anonymous

Juniors
Now known as the Sydney Roosters, how can they lay claim to the premierships which were won by the Eastern Suburbs? Two different names and the history books show that the 2002 premiers had a different name to Easts.

'Eastern Suburbs' is a completely different name to 'Sydney' - Easts are dead.

Willow said:
Now known as the Sydney Roosters, how can they lay claim to the premierships which were won by the Eastern Suburbs? Two different names and the history books show that the 2002 premiers had a different name to Easts.

The difference is that We are still the same club, we have been since 1908. We haven't merged with another club and that is why the Sydney Roosters and the Eastern Suburbs club are the same. You can try and put any spin on it that you like but as I said it's all there in the official year book. The fact is the Sydney Roosters are the only remaining foundation club that have participated in every season since 1908. Even your beloved coach refers to us as Easts! :D

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm not putting a spin on anything.
In 1908 there was a team called Eastern Suburbs with a cock on their jumper.
Eastern Suburbs aren't playing in the NRL anymore, so they're dead.
Simple.

Willow said:
I'm not putting a spin on anything.
In 1908 there was a team called Eastern Suburbs with a cock on their jumper.
Eastern Suburbs aren't playing in the NRL anymore, so they're dead.
Simple.

Willow is an appropriate name for you considering how thick you are! :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Even your beloved coach refers to us as Easts! :D
Thankyou RC... you have fallen into line all so easily.
Half the League establishment call us 'St George'... so I guess you're a old Dragons supporter after all... just like your mum.

A question for Willow:
Is Cassius Clay, the world renowned heavyweight boxing champ and Muhammad Ali, the world renowned heavyweight boxing champ, the same person? :?:

The funniest thing about this "debate" is that I'm right and all of the St George/Illawarra supporters who believe Willow's claim are wrong and it doesn't matter what they say, nothing will alter the truth! Nothing else need to be said! :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Is Cassius Clay, the world renowned heavyweight boxing champ and Muhammad Ali, the world renowned heavyweight boxing champ, the same person?
Yes... the same person with with different names... would you like to continue this in the boxing forum? Rooster Cogburn is down for the count.....

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Willow is an appropriate name for you considering how thick you are! :lol:
Ah... personal insults... the first sign of someone losing debate.
Rooster Cogburn can't get off the canvas!

Rooster Cogburn. said:
I'm right and all of the St George/Illawarra supporters who believe Willow's claim are wrong and it doesn't matter what they say, nothing will alter the truth! Nothing else need to be said!
A combination of delusions of grandeur, self righteousness and a eagerness to end the debate... you're now clutching at straws and sounding more than a tad anxious.
The fight has been won and lost... Rooster Cogburn has been knocked out!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Eastern Suburbs/Sydney City/Sydney Roosters are the same club, run from the same place since 1908. The Saint George Illawarra Dragons arent even a proper club, without members or a St George Illawarra leagues club. There is Steelers club and the Saints leagues club but the only run there own lower grade sides.

Anonymous

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
The Saint George Illawarra Dragons arent even a proper club, without members or a St George Illawarra leagues club. There is Steelers club and the Saints leagues club but the only run there own lower grade sides.
So St George Illawarra dont exist either? This is getting good. :lol:

GoTheBears said:
Eastern Suburbs/Sydney City/Sydney Roosters are the same club, run from the same place since 1908.
Depends what you mean by 'same place'.
They dont have the same home ground as in 1908 nor the same clubhouse... I don't think you'll find any club which can say that. So where is this 'same place'?

Roosterphin

Juniors
Willow said:

So everytime a team changes something they are a new club :roll:

Totally different and poor attempt at a comeback

Red Bear

Referee
Willow said:
GoTheBears said:
The Saint George Illawarra Dragons arent even a proper club, without members or a St George Illawarra leagues club. There is Steelers club and the Saints leagues club but the only run there own lower grade sides.
So St George Illawarra dont exist either? This is getting good. :lol:

GoTheBears said:
Eastern Suburbs/Sydney City/Sydney Roosters are the same club, run from the same place since 1908.
Depends what you mean by 'same place'.
They dont have the same home ground as in 1908 nor the same clubhouse... I don't think you'll find any club which can say that. So where is this 'same place'?
No St George Illawarra do exist, they just arent a proper club, they are a buisness. Sydney Roosters(Easts Leagues club), Sharks, Manly(shudder), Penrith, Parramatta, Cantebury and i think Newcastle are the last proper clubs left, with the members and leagues club running them etc. Easts are the Roosters, and they still are the samne club. They havent sold out and become a frenchise or gone on the stock market.
A team which played at the same place? North Sydney played at North Sydney Oval(or Bear Park) From 1910 till 1999 and still play their in the premier league. However if they come back they will be playing at Central Coast. Illawarra Steelers always played at the same ground and have the same leagues club all the time.

STSAE

Juniors
Willow said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Even your beloved coach refers to us as Easts! :D
Thankyou RC... you have fallen into line all so easily.
Half the League establishment call us 'St George'... so I guess you're a old Dragons supporter after all... just like your mum.

Hi Jack,
I must be in the other 1/2 then.
Always will be Stain George or Illa Sox to me while they are occupying the Illawarra junior base.
And they still only can muster up a 2nd.
The way it shall be forevermore, the new Norths of the NRL!!!!
Bye Jack,

:lol: :lol:

STSAE

Juniors
Willow said:
Excuse me, can someone decipher that for me?

Gladly Jack!!
1st you know who you are, dont you??
While you occupy Illawarra with that take over/sham joint venture you follow, I call The Stains or Illa Sox. You get it big boy!!
2nd - Easy recall 99. Add a little 96, 93, 92 and 85 and you get the New Norths. Remember Norths they were going strong in 21 and 22 werent they, just as The Stain emerged!!!!!
Learning is fun!!!!!!!!
Bye Jack!!

:lol: :lol:

izzo

Juniors
1. The Roosters just suck
2. yer they do
3. yer
4. even more
5. panthers skinned them alive
6. they suck....
7. you wont find them in heave