What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECW News Thread *Possible Spoilers*

Sanchez

Coach
During today’s First Quarter Earnings Release conference call, WWE Chief Operating Officer Michael Sileck announced that the company would be pulling the second annual ECW December to Dismember pay-per-view event from its schedule. According to Sileck, three WWE pay-per-views in five weeks is “just too much.”

This news does not come as a surprise to anyone backstage in WWE considering that last year’s ECW December to Dismember was an abysmal failure. While the show did include an Elimination Chamber main event, only two matches were promoted, and the entire event lasted just over two hours. Consequently Paul Heyman was demoted as the lead writer for the ECW brand shortly after.

The 2007 edition of ECW December to Dismember was scheduled to take place from Charlotte, North Carolina
http://www.24wrestling.com/index.php?id=news/8600

Sanchez

Coach
As of this week, Rob Van Dam is said to be planning to leave WWE when his contract expires in August.

At the end of February earlier this year, he had stopped an auto-rollover of his contract that would have taken effect at the end of August. He wanted to negotiate for a lighter schedule, extended time off later this year, and perhaps a pay raise. WWE, as of the latest negotiations, has not offered RVD his desired amount of time off, so he is giving indications that he will choose to leave rather than accept their latest offer, a source close to RVD says.

It's considered likely he'll sign with TNA after he leaves WWE, which means WWE may begin to phase him out of ECW and use him to elevate others before he leaves. There is still a chance WWE will meet RVD's demands, but as of now, that appears unlikely.

http://www.24wrestling.com/index.php?id=news/8612

thats a shame, RVD is one of the great entertainers I hope he beats Vince for the title then loses it to one of the younger guys probably Punk or Burke

Misanthrope

Staff member
the promo on ecw this week seemed so real

It probably was. I can't imagine any of the ECW 'originals' would be at all happy with how the product and its legacy has been treated since Vince decided to resurrect it. Frankly, the only good things to come out of it have been the likes of CM Punk, Elijah Burke, and Marcus Cor Van being on my TV screen.

Once Dead

Bench
I predict that the The Sandman, Sabu, Dreamer, etc will be out of jobs by the end of the year....this also depends on Van Dam's job status at the time. I really believe that RVD is the only reason that those guys still have their jobs....Vince McMahon doesn't care that ECW has no ECW wrestlers, that's a fact.....they'll kick Balls Mahoney to the kerb as soon as they can too.......

Sanchez

Coach
To further update the situation between RVD and his contract with WWE, look for him to be taken off television around June, as his contract with the company expires in August.

The reason why WWE is doing this is because they don’t want him to pull a “Christian Cage” and show up on TNA programming right after being on WWE television if in fact he does go to TNA.
http://www.24wrestling.com/index.php?id=news/8614

The Sandman reminds of any old drunk at a pub.

You know the ones you feel sorry for cause they think they are tough but a stiff breeze would blow them over.

Latest posts