What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Guerrero Found Dead In Hotel Room

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Unfortunately thats the price that too many wrestlers pay for their craft. And while it's rarely openly mentioned by those in the business, steroid and cocaine use is largely responsible for the number of wrestlers who suffer heart failure at such a young age. Mr Perfect, British Bulldog, Rick Rude and quite a few others have gone this way.

Mr Saab

Referee
i just hope angle isnt next. That guy gives his all to the company and isnt exactly in 100% health.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
Jesus, that's just depressing. "I loved his laugh". God, that made me want to cry right there.

Heart failure it is, then. Shame on everyone who was hinting at the possibility that he'd had an overdose.

i dont think anyone suggested that too much. i think what most of us (what i suggested), is that he died from all the drugs he took in the past. i mean they affect u later in life and im sure that all that abuse came back and was a factor in the heart failure.

Misanthrope

Staff member
i mean they affect u later in life and im sure that all that abuse came back and was a factor in the heart failure.

Well, clearly that was the case, as stated in the statement from his wife. A combination of drug abuse, a heavy work-out regime, and the constant travelling weakened his heart to the point it could no longer sustain him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I could not watch today's episode of RAW in its entirety.

It was just too emotional.

I couldn't hack it.

Man, I agree with Batista - I keep wishing this was a bad, bad dream....

thuganomics

Coach
RAW this week was one to remember. I can't remember a time I actually cried watching wrestling since the incident with Owen, but this one topped that. Benoit and Steph's speeches in particluar really got to me.
The Low-Rider on the stage was a great inclusion, great symbolic gesture by the WWE.

Viva La Raza

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Watched it twice, it was a great show.

Benoit held it together very well under the circumstances but all speech you could tell he was a ticking timebomb and would break down any second :(.

I didn't cry, but came pretty close to it. If I had met Eddie even once though I'd bet I would have started crying during the show.

Very well done WWE :clap: Looking foward to SmackDown.

(On a side note, what was the name of that song that was playing in the background of the segment they showed after the bell rings? And who was the singer? Sounds alot like Johnny Cash but probably wasn't him, good song though.)

PARANoIR

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
i just hope angle isnt next. That guy gives his all to the company and isnt exactly in 100% health.

Thats the last thing that needs to be mentioned or thought about. Poor form imo.

I saw the end of raw today, but I taped it, seeing Benoit, Batista and Hunter cry really hit me hard because these guys are tough as nails and seeing them like that was something else. Particularly Benoit.

thuganomics

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
(On a side note, what was the name of that song that was playing in the background of the segment they showed after the bell rings? And who was the singer? Sounds alot like Johnny Cash but probably wasn't him, good song though.)

I think it was "Hurt" by Johnny Cash.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, the song was Hurt by Johnny Cash (a cover of a NIN song of the same name). Was at work through both replays today. Will have to catch it on Saturday. Looking forward to the Smackdown tribute, though.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
i cired during the video of Eddie...he left way too soon..

Benoit killed me.

The WWE had a 4.5 rating which is the highest..even in death eddie can draw the fans :(

MILLWALL

Juniors
They couldnt of picked a sadder song to play, i thought big show crying was sad he was even crying on his way to his match, plus Chris Benoits speach was a tearjerker

Eelementary

Post Whore
Man I never met the bloke.

But I cried - Benoit, Triple H, Rey, Batista and the Big Show all made me cry.

As I said, I never met him - but the fact he entertained me and millions of others and had so many great friends shows the great man he was.

And I feel so sad for his family and friends.

I mean, if I didn't know him and the episode tore me apart, how would they be feeling?

Still, it was a beautiful show though.

Although the song was a real tear-jerker.

Viva Eddie Guerrero.