Eels in the media

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Joshuatheeel, Nov 16, 2015.

1. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

I will watch the replay this arvo, I try not to watch the knob end merkin and his dopey sidekick Ikin.

Kornstar likes this.
  2. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Parramatta's Mitchell Moses has perfected a wonder pass with very little practice
    Michael Chammas

Parramatta halfback Mitchell Moses says he's spent very little time perfecting the highlight reel, no-look inside pass that has led to two Eels tries over the past fortnight.

Moses showed off his skills in executing the play against the Storm last Saturday afternoon, sending Will Smith over for a try with a pass that would have made Andrew Johns proud.

Crowd control: Mitchell Moses has been in outstanding form for Parramatta.

Photo: NRL Imagery
    The no-look pass to an out-of-sight player on the inside shoulder has the potential to go horribly wrong, but it appears everything Moses touches will turn to gold at the Eels as the former Tiger looks to guide the club to its first grand final since 2009.

"We actually haven't worked too much on it," Moses said. "It's a play we've got going the last couple of weeks since Will [Smith] has been in the team. I just have full trust that Will will be there. If I put it in the right spot, I know he'll be there."

After four seasons in the NRL, Moses finally experienced his first dose of finals football in Parramatta's two-point loss to the Storm.

"Yeah it was really good. I was blowing massively in the first 15 minutes with all the adrenalin there," he said. "I just needed to settle into the game. I felt pretty comfortable out there. A few calls didn't go our way so we'll look to fix that up."

Despite the narrow loss, the Eels' premiership credentials have strengthened, such was the resolve and fight they showed against the runaway title favourites.

While the Eels were disappointed they lacked the killer instinct to finish the job, Moses insists there's plenty of positivity among the players, given they almost achieved what many deemed impossible.

"We've got a lot of improvement," Moses said. "We did lose that game by two points so we'll take a lot of positives out of it but we have a lot of improvement left. We're a lot better side than that. We'll be looking to get back on whoever we [play] next week. It was pretty much ill-discipline. We made a few errors coming out of our own end that didn't help. It is pretty much ill-discipline that lets a team like Melbourne make easy metres like that and let them off the hook.

"We knew if we got the ball back and got down there and went set for set, we could get on top of them. We did that in the first half and we felt that we were on top of them. We just didn't do it for 80 minutes. We had two play-the-balls in their 20 in the second half. That really hurt us. It was our own fault. We shot ourselves in the foot by letting them off the hook too easy and not building pressure."

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ith-very-little-practice-20170911-gyf9bo.html

Obscene Assassin likes this.
  3. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Triple M and the Australian's Brent Read has revealed to the Dead Set Legends, Bevan French and Kaysa Pritchard are set to return for the Parramatta Eels' do-or-die Semi-Final against the North Queensland Cowboys on Saturday night.

"I spoke to Brad Arthur yesterday and he indicated that both Bevan French and Kaysa Pritchard would both be fit and available to play this week," Ready said.

"I would imagine French would definitely come back into that team - not to sure on Kaysa Pritchard because Cameron King has been doing a pretty good job - but definitely Bevan French back from them this week."

French injured his hamstring during the Round 24 home game against the Titans and will be a welcome addition to Brad Arthur's backline arsenal.

Meanwhile, Pritcahrd (derp) hasn't appeared since suffering what was initially diagnosed as a season-ending injury in June but looks set to push for selection against the Cowboys, especially after foxsports.com.au revealed current Eels hooker Cameron King lost all feeling in his left arm after a tackle went wrong against the Storm.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...-to-return-against-the-cowboys?station=sydney

4. Forty20

Forty20 First Grade

Clicky

Steve Murphy marks the third coach to have a chat with us about the club and his own role within it. Sixties and I are massively appreciative of both Steve Murphy and Peter Gentle taking the time last week to sit down and have a yarn with us. Given how busy the club is at both NRL and NYC levels in the coming week or two we don't have anything lined up just yet for Episode 4 but we are quite hopeful to tee up a fair few more interviews when everything settles down.

5. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Coach

What? I was expecting a BA interview ........:wink:

Good work, great interviews!! The club obviously now trust you guys!!

An interview with Luke Burt or the cougar would be good, if you could somehow jag one of them!!

Kornstar likes this.
  6. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Coach

Yep!! His words were, I ask my players to push the boundaries!!

Mad merkin!!

Kornstar and hineyrulz like this.
  7. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Coach

Good stuff.

8. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

IIRC his one game for us was a dogs breakfast.

9. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Eric Grothe Snr on The Back Page tonight.

10. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

11. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Coach

What's he playing - AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Macklemore?

Suitman likes this.
  12. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Lol.
    Interviewed.

13. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Coach

What did Guru Snr have to say for himself?

14. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

It was Carige-esque.

15. The Phelan Folly

The Phelan Folly Juniors

He confirmed for the record that Macklemore is a wanna be wombat f**ker.

16. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Watch closely

17. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin Bench

Poor form from Kingy. He should have swept the leg like I told him. He's now not allowed in the cobra kai gym

18. Lemon Squash

Lemon Squash Bench

Gower was on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning.

He speaks very well but gave the stereotypical cliched answers. What worried me though was that twice he made reference to the prelim-final against the roosters... then quickly realised what he had said then backtracked with the usual but we aren't thinking about that yet we need to beat the Cowboys first yada yada.

Just goes to show they definitely are thinking about next week already, as much as you try not to its only natural your mind wanders. I just hope the merkins turn up to play this Saturday and get it done.

19. forward pass

forward pass First Grade

What - us turn up raging hot favourites against the cowboys in a semi final and fall to pieces??? Could never happen.

Gary Gutful and Poupou Escobar like this.
  20. Lemon Squash

Lemon Squash Bench

What Parramatta??.... no never!