What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

We won't win, who are we kidding.

They are too clinical, too perfect a football side. For us to have a remote chance our completion rate HAS to be over 90 percent.

Plus we need them to be off their game, particularly Cronks kicking. Moses and Norman need to be on song, a couple of 40/20s would help

Storm by 14-18 points for mine

nobody thought we could beat the broncos either
we love the underdogs tag most of our losses have been to teams under us if we go down there determined to have a red hot crack and just add a little bit of patience we will be competitive

Eelogical

Referee
Considering playing finals football is new territory for this team as a whole this will primarily be a litmus test for BA as a coach and how he responds IF we get done over. From my point of view I am liking this game first up in the semis. There's a lot to learn from playing the minor premiers on their home ground without the prospect of being punted from the finals if we lose. Give us the blowtorch first up and see how we respond. Every man and his dog thinks we are going to get done on Saturday and BA knows this more than anyone. I reckon we are a decent chance and he will prepare the team accordingly. I will be heading to Brisbane on Saturday but staying overnight in Yamba. I will be glued to the big screen TV at the pub like Pou is to a stat sheet.

Kornstar

Coach
The chances are if we wanted to win the GF given our finishing positions, we have to beat the Storm twice. So that being the case it would be better for us to lose this week (in a very close game) and then take the lessons from this game and add French in the GF and we just could get them.

No way we beat them twice in the finals though.

The chances are if we wanted to win the GF given our finishing positions, we have to beat the Storm twice. So that being the case it would be better for us to lose this week (in a very close game) and then take the lessons from this game and add French in the GF and we just could get them.

I don't think beating the Storm this week makes us more likely to lose to them the second time around.

strider

Post Whore

Yeah we dont beat em twice

We f**kin smash em twice!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
We won't win, who are we kidding.

They are too clinical, too perfect a football side. For us to have a remote chance our completion rate HAS to be over 90 percent.

Plus we need them to be off their game, particularly Cronks kicking. Moses and Norman need to be on song, a couple of 40/20s would help

Storm by 14-18 points for mine

Thank you you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

One hand practically on the trophy now!!!

Eelogical

Referee

So, Brad is going to tell the lads "We are going to throw this game because we can't beat them twice. Of course, this makes this weekends game easier on me because nobody expects us to win and we have no chance anyway."